GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby mayosmith » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Lurkster wrote:I updated to 1/19 as well.

+1. Three is a trend.

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby PunjabiLower » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:37 am

mayosmith wrote:
Lurkster wrote:I updated to 1/19 as well.

+1. Three is a trend.


.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:05 am

If it means anything to anyone, I went complete EA on 1/4, and got deferred on 1/13 with a promise that I would have a decision by feb 26th as well, I thought that was quite timely

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:21 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:
mayosmith wrote:
Lurkster wrote:I updated to 1/19 as well.

+1. Three is a trend.


.


+1.

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby PunjabiLower » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:33 pm

adh07d wrote:If it means anything to anyone, I went complete EA on 1/4, and got deferred on 1/13 with a promise that I would have a decision by feb 26th as well, I thought that was quite timely


I also went complete EA on 1/4 and got deferred on 1/13 with a promise that I would have a decision by feb 26th as well. :)

vmmf
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby vmmf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Has anyone had a date change recently?

User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby mayosmith » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:51 pm

vmmf wrote:Has anyone had a date change recently?

Negative. Not since 1/19.

waxloaf
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby waxloaf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:52 pm

not me, I have been UR 12/16 for what seems like an eternity, do you think they will actually look at us again in January? I'm guessing they will wait as long as possible and mail stuff on Feb 26

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby ccs224 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 pm

January is ending and I'm still UR 12/11. Oh man. I really want you, GULC! Look at me! Look at me!

Also, has anyone else who was held had their status updated at all this month?

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 pm

ccs224 wrote:January is ending and I'm still UR 12/11. Oh man. I really want you, GULC! Look at me! Look at me!

Also, has anyone else who was held had their status updated at all this month?


Yes, held 1/7, currently UR 1/19. I know others have the same time frame.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby ccs224 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:14 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:
ccs224 wrote:January is ending and I'm still UR 12/11. Oh man. I really want you, GULC! Look at me! Look at me!

Also, has anyone else who was held had their status updated at all this month?


Yes, held 1/7, currently UR 1/19. I know others have the same time frame.


Damn. So what did you do that I haven't done?

waxloaf
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby waxloaf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:32 pm

ccs224 wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:
ccs224 wrote:January is ending and I'm still UR 12/11. Oh man. I really want you, GULC! Look at me! Look at me!

Also, has anyone else who was held had their status updated at all this month?


Yes, held 1/7, currently UR 1/19. I know others have the same time frame.


Damn. So what did you do that I haven't done?


I wouldn't read too much into it, from the main GULC thread it seems as if more/less URs aren't a good indicator as to acceptance

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:15 pm

ccs224 wrote:January is ending and I'm still UR 12/11. Oh man. I really want you, GULC! Look at me! Look at me!

Also, has anyone else who was held had their status updated at all this month?


look at you? wait so when it gets updated...that means they are taking a look at your application? I have been updated quite frequently up until 1/19. Does that mean they are continually looking at my application? Is that a good thing?

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby ccs224 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:
ccs224 wrote:January is ending and I'm still UR 12/11. Oh man. I really want you, GULC! Look at me! Look at me!

Also, has anyone else who was held had their status updated at all this month?


look at you? wait so when it gets updated...that means they are taking a look at your application? I have been updated quite frequently up until 1/19. Does that mean they are continually looking at my application? Is that a good thing?


That is my assumption, that when the date updates either someone has pulled your file for review or something has been updated (though my date wasn't updated after sending a LOCI). Am I wrong on this?

As for your dates changing, I would say that if they are looking at your application a bunch of times, it's certainly not worse than taking one look and rejecting it, nor is it better than taking a look and accepting, but if the later was the case, we wouldn't be in this thread anyway.

User avatar
techmech
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby techmech » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:18 pm

So, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, but I may have a little different story. I went complete on like 12/1 after submitting the application on 11/17. About midway through December (lets say 12/15-12/20) my status changed to "Committee requested an interview" and I received the email regarding an interview. My interviewer was a little slow in getting back to me and so I had the interview on 1/12. Fastforward to 1/20 and I received the "held" email that everyone is talking about where it says they will review it again in January and make a decision no later than 2/26. The same day I received this email, my status changed to "Under review."

I thought it was little strange that it said we'll review it again in January when we're back in session for the Spring term considering we were 20 days into January at that point...I'm guessing I should have received it back in December, which is when they anticipated my interview was going to take place. SO, my grand deduction is that it's something they just send out after they've received your interviewer's comments. Obviously, my application was already reviewed once and deemed boderline (hence, the interview). I imagine the committee will now review my file again with the interviewer's comments in hand. The email is probably just their way of saying I'm back in line (limbo) again.

No doubt, we're now being sized up with the late(r) applications recently submitted as all deferrals are. Take solace in the fact that we weren't the the auto-rejects in the first round and that we'll still probably receive our decisions before the next big wave.

waxloaf
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby waxloaf » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:47 am

Any EDers hear anything yet? We are getting closer and closer to Feb. 26...

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:18 pm

waxloaf wrote:Any EDers hear anything yet? We are getting closer and closer to Feb. 26...


No close enough! :(

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:19 pm

techmech wrote:So, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, but I may have a little different story. I went complete on like 12/1 after submitting the application on 11/17. About midway through December (lets say 12/15-12/20) my status changed to "Committee requested an interview" and I received the email regarding an interview. My interviewer was a little slow in getting back to me and so I had the interview on 1/12. Fastforward to 1/20 and I received the "held" email that everyone is talking about where it says they will review it again in January and make a decision no later than 2/26. The same day I received this email, my status changed to "Under review."

I thought it was little strange that it said we'll review it again in January when we're back in session for the Spring term considering we were 20 days into January at that point...I'm guessing I should have received it back in December, which is when they anticipated my interview was going to take place. SO, my grand deduction is that it's something they just send out after they've received your interviewer's comments. Obviously, my application was already reviewed once and deemed boderline (hence, the interview). I imagine the committee will now review my file again with the interviewer's comments in hand. The email is probably just their way of saying I'm back in line (limbo) again.

No doubt, we're now being sized up with the late(r) applications recently submitted as all deferrals are. Take solace in the fact that we weren't the the auto-rejects in the first round and that we'll still probably receive our decisions before the next big wave.


I received the same email 1/7. Guess it's just a form letter that they didn't care enough about to change so that it actually makes sense.

User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby mayosmith » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:24 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:
techmech wrote:So, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, but I may have a little different story. I went complete on like 12/1 after submitting the application on 11/17. About midway through December (lets say 12/15-12/20) my status changed to "Committee requested an interview" and I received the email regarding an interview. My interviewer was a little slow in getting back to me and so I had the interview on 1/12. Fastforward to 1/20 and I received the "held" email that everyone is talking about where it says they will review it again in January and make a decision no later than 2/26. The same day I received this email, my status changed to "Under review."

I thought it was little strange that it said we'll review it again in January when we're back in session for the Spring term considering we were 20 days into January at that point...I'm guessing I should have received it back in December, which is when they anticipated my interview was going to take place. SO, my grand deduction is that it's something they just send out after they've received your interviewer's comments. Obviously, my application was already reviewed once and deemed boderline (hence, the interview). I imagine the committee will now review my file again with the interviewer's comments in hand. The email is probably just their way of saying I'm back in line (limbo) again.

No doubt, we're now being sized up with the late(r) applications recently submitted as all deferrals are. Take solace in the fact that we weren't the the auto-rejects in the first round and that we'll still probably receive our decisions before the next big wave.


I received the same email 1/7. Guess it's just a form letter that they didn't care enough about to change so that it actually makes sense.

Makes you feel loved, don't it?

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby RSN_M3 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I was held, UR 12/11/2009. No status update yet, but I don't anticipate getting in. LSAT below 160 and a non-urm. Soft rejection here, presumably.

User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby mayosmith » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:31 pm

SO. Is anyone else really bored with this?

Image

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:22 pm

mayosmith wrote:SO. Is anyone else really bored with this?


I am! Waiting three months, UR 4 times, I just want an answer. Problem is, I can't just blame GULC, because I've had remarkably little movement on my apps in general.

User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby mayosmith » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:35 am

xcountryjunkie wrote:
mayosmith wrote:SO. Is anyone else really bored with this?


I am! Waiting three months, UR 4 times, I just want an answer. Problem is, I can't just blame GULC, because I've had remarkably little movement on my apps in general.

Guess we'll just have to hope 2/26 is a hard and fast date.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby ccs224 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Anyone hear anything, or are will all still where we were in December?

vmmf
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: GULC Limbo (The Official "Held At Georgetown" Thread)

Postby vmmf » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:04 pm

still UR 12/2 :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JosefK, potterotter, tangers91 and 25 guests