Do I have to notify schools of one class?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
avacado111

Do I have to notify schools of one class?

Postby avacado111 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:36 pm

So, I graduated last year, and I was interested in taking a pottery class at a community college (just for fun)... the class is graded. Do I have to notify anyone of this (LSAC) or the school that I will be attending next year?

Walfredo47

Re: Do I have to notify schools of one class?

Postby Walfredo47 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:52 pm

avacado111 wrote:So, I graduated last year, and I was interested in taking a pottery class at a community college (just for fun)... the class is graded. Do I have to notify anyone of this (LSAC) or the school that I will be attending next year?

Yes. All college courses taken through an institution must be submitted to LSAC. If you will be accepted to a law school by the time the course is completed, you may just send it directly to your institution (not 100% if you still just send it to LSAC).

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:31 am

if you're just taking the class for fun and don't care about the credit, try and take it pass/fail or even better, sweet talk the professor into letting you audit or something

itsfine

Postby itsfine » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:18 am

im pretty sure the only grades that pertain to your lsac gpa are the ones you took BEFORE you graduated college....so anything you take after that will not change ur gpa...and i dont see why they would care about it then....but it doesnt hurt to tell them

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:20 pm

itsfine wrote:im pretty sure the only grades that pertain to your lsac gpa are the ones you took BEFORE you graduated college....so anything you take after that will not change ur gpa...and i dont see why they would care about it then....but it doesnt hurt to tell them

I thought it was any undergraduate coursework? That's how most of the applications phrase it. Could be wrong.

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:21 pm

It's only classes from before graduation. Even if you wanted this class to count, it wouldn't.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”