Pepperdine

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawfuture10

Re: Pepperdine

Postby lawfuture10 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:53 am

Got the call Wednesday, replied by email and said I was still interested.

Hoping to hear tomorrow, as I really will need to get my life together and ready to get to Malibu.

Will update when I hear back.

koikoi

Postby koikoi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 am

Got it 4 days after "the call". Pepperdine here I come!

ntag24

Postby ntag24 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:37 pm

How were you guys notified that you had been accepted?

koikoi

Postby koikoi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 pm

E-mail and phone call

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:54 pm

Stopped by Admissions today.
1L schedules gettin sent out, luck of the draw on whether you get an 8am v. 9am start time.
Still movement on the waitlist and they said there pretty much will be until school starts.
Orientation starts on the 18th I think?
Hope the Admits are gettin nervous, and I look forward to see you all here in a couple weeks!

orko60

Postby orko60 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:43 pm

I am definitely nervous, and feel completely unprepared for this. Good luck to everyone!

filmbuff

Postby filmbuff » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:39 am

Accepted today off the waitlist and will accept. Very happy!

eberl032

Postby eberl032 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:51 am

Yeah! I got my schedule. So far only 9am. I'm ok with mornings but have a bit of a commute so 9am is convenient. Any word on what time the Legal Research and Writing Sections are at? Hopefully not 8am.

1ferret! wrote:Stopped by Admissions today.
1L schedules gettin sent out, luck of the draw on whether you get an 8am v. 9am start time.
Still movement on the waitlist and they said there pretty much will be until school starts.
Orientation starts on the 18th I think?
Hope the Admits are gettin nervous, and I look forward to see you all here in a couple weeks!

koikoi

Postby koikoi » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:25 am

Got mine too. Anyone else have class on Mondays from 9am - 3:30pm STRAIGHT??? >.< I think I'm going to call about this... I don't even have time to eat.

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:50 pm

First off, every section has a lunch break from 12:30 to 1:30 it think it is. Theres lots of lunch time presentations and so forth that they dont want you to miss. And generally, during such things you are fed, so dont freak out about food. Pepperdine is big on food. You will eat more pizza in your first year of law school than you did during all of undergrad.

LRW was not anyones first class last year. Usually were at 10 or 3 depending on the day, but each section's schedule is different. Mine was the only section that started at 8 first semester, but we were rewarded by only having one class on friday which occasionally gave us 3 day weekends when the professor would run class long on Wednesday.

Let me know if you have any questions...I'll do my best to answer them before orientation kicks off.

lawfuture10

Postby lawfuture10 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Curious?

Has anyone received an email/phone call from admissions inquiring about their interest in attending, replied that they were indeed still interested, and then not received an acceptance?

Thanks

utilitarianjac

Postby utilitarianjac » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:14 pm

For any of you current 1Ls who are still checking the forum, how have your first two weeks gone? What are your thoughts now that you are here?

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Alas, the 1Ls seem too busy to be on internet boards.

utilitarianjac

Postby utilitarianjac » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:29 pm

1ferret! wrote:Alas, the 1Ls seem too busy to be on internet boards.

LOL. They will soon learn . . .

Gatriel

Postby Gatriel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm on. Just lurking mostly.

With ~75 pages of Civ Pro to prep for every class and LRW sucking my life away time is at a premium.

Sooooo bar review this week? haha

Edit:

Found this got a good lol at GP's expense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9o4tCAZUpg

utilitarianjac

Postby utilitarianjac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Gatriel wrote:I'm on. Just lurking mostly.

With ~75 pages of Civ Pro to prep for every class and LRW sucking my life away time is at a premium.

Edit:

I'm pretty sure that nothing can be so mind-numbing as CivPro, especially for a student who has no interest in practicing law. I say this despite having a very good teacher.

Thankfully, no other class has come close.

The video is funny and, in many ways, quite accurate. It didn't mention anything about an undergraduate infestation of married housing.

All things considered, though, I consider myself very fortunate to live on campus. The value of such convenience is hard to quantify.

Gatriel

Postby Gatriel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:20 pm

utilitarianjac wrote:

Edit:

I'm pretty sure that nothing can be so mind-numbing as CivPro, especially for a student who has no interest in practicing law. I say this despite having a very good teacher.

The video is funny and, in many ways, quite accurate. It didn't mention anything about an undergraduate infestation of married housing.

All things considered, though, I consider myself very fortunate to live on campus. The value of such convenience is hard to quantify.

IDK man, I'm much rather live at Villa Malibu for $500 less per month, have a dishwasher, padding under the carpet, appliances that are not older than I, and not be living in a dorm again.

thesybarite

Postby thesybarite » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 am

Gatriel wrote:
utilitarianjac wrote:

Edit:

IDK man, I'm much rather live at Villa Malibu for $500 less per month, have a dishwasher, padding under the carpet, appliances that are not older than I, and not be living in a dorm again.

http://www.villamalibuliving.com/leasing

Is this the place you're talking about? Do you know the prices for any of the 2bdrms?

Thanks

Cmoss

Postby Cmoss » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:00 pm

i just read all 24 pages.... fortunately it hasn't scared me off from wanting to apply...

Gatriel

Postby Gatriel » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Cmoss wrote:i just read all 24 pages.... fortunately it hasn't scared me off from wanting to apply...

Do it dude. You won't regret it.

Cmoss

Postby Cmoss » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:18 am

Gatriel wrote:
Cmoss wrote:i just read all 24 pages.... fortunately it hasn't scared me off from wanting to apply...

Do it dude. You won't regret it.

If they make it affordable! i had an uncle attend Pepp back in the day and loved it.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:22 am

Affordability and atmosphere, those were the two reasons I didn't apply to Pepperdine. It was just a matter of personal preference on the latter factor. It's a gorgeous school and everyone is friendly there, but it wasn't the place for me.

Cmoss

Postby Cmoss » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:25 am

JOThompson wrote:Affordability and atmosphere, those were the two reasons I didn't apply to Pepperdine. It was just a matter of personal preference on the latter factor. It's a gorgeous school and everyone is friendly there, but it wasn't the place for me.

the price tag will be the deciding factor for me

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:26 am

Cmoss wrote:
JOThompson wrote:Affordability and atmosphere, those were the two reasons I didn't apply to Pepperdine. It was just a matter of personal preference on the latter factor. It's a gorgeous school and everyone is friendly there, but it wasn't the place for me.

You may wish to look into outside scholarships as well. I don't know if Pepperdine will match scholarship offers from other schools, but that's something that might ease the cost of law school in Malibu. Good luck!

brose

Postby brose » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:50 pm

JOThompson wrote:
Cmoss wrote:

You may wish to look into outside scholarships as well. I don't know if Pepperdine will match scholarship offers from other schools, but that's something that might ease the cost of law school in Malibu. Good luck!

They will match scholarship offers from schools similarly ranked or only schools that are higher?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”