Pepperdine

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JolieSaraLee

Re: Pepperdine

Postby JolieSaraLee » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:55 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:
JolieSaraLee wrote:
the_rad_trad wrote:
JolieSaraLee wrote:DR 3/8/10. 3.17, 161, URM. Yikes...

I'm almost the same, GPA is slightly lower. Have you received any emails from them yet? I haven't :( I'm really hoping that they just haven't sent the emails out for the week....doubtful.

Just checked my e-mail and nothing. I'm assuming we should've received something by now, it's been 3 days...

Yea. I'm going to assume it's a WL letter. I'm on break and very far away from my mailbox. Plus I assume that the "regretful" letter hasn't arrived yet.

I'll keep you posted, I should get something in the mail today hopefully since I'm in Los Angeles.

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:59 pm

JolieSaraLee wrote:
I'll keep you posted, I should get something in the mail today hopefully since I'm in Los Angeles.

Please do, I'm going crazy. And driving my whole family crazy with this wait.

JolieSaraLee

Postby JolieSaraLee » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:09 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:
JolieSaraLee wrote:

Is Pepperdine your #1 choice?

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:13 pm

JolieSaraLee wrote:
the_rad_trad wrote:
JolieSaraLee wrote:

One of, I have a few tied, but there's no way I'll get in to all of them. So I'd be very happy if I got waitlisted at Pepperdine.

orko60

Postby orko60 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Alright! Got my wavenet email this morning, around 3am! I guess that means that I'm in!

Hopefully there's some $$ coming to me. I just got $36 from Temple in the mail. That's kind of a relief!

JolieSaraLee

Postby JolieSaraLee » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:33 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:
JolieSaraLee wrote:
the_rad_trad wrote:
JolieSaraLee wrote:

One of, I have a few tied, but there's no way I'll get in to all of them. So I'd be very happy if I got waitlisted at Pepperdine.

I see. Well to keep you in the loop, no mail yesterday and no WaveNet...Most likely a rejection or waitlist I guess....

meggers88

Postby meggers88 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:32 pm

yea no wavenet email, so it was a waitlist for me. got it in the mail today. =/ better than a rejection i guess.

i'm going to say, although i could be wrong, that i think that they are aiming to accept people with 162+ LSATs so that they can improve their rank. i know very few people who got accepted with lower numbers than that. last years class stats were 160-164 (although this website doesnt reflect that), so you have to be at least in the middle of that range.

that said...does anyone know what you can do if you really wanna do entertainment law and didn't get into Pepperdine/ USC /UCLA? Is transferring an option?

RadMobile

Postby RadMobile » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:04 am

meggers88 wrote:that said...does anyone know what you can do if you really wanna do entertainment law and didn't get into Pepperdine/ USC /UCLA? Is transferring an option?

Should have applied to Loyola in the 1st place. I think Loyola places better in entertainment than Pepperdine.

Edit: Just looked at your profile and you have applied to Loyola. Just cross your fingers for Loyola :)

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:44 pm

So I got an email regarding financial aid and it looks like they're offering me loans covering the full cost of tuition. Do they do this for everyone, or does this pretty much
mean I'm not getting any scholarship money?

eberl032

Postby eberl032 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:22 pm

I also just recieved my financial aid package. Im so excited. Got enough in loans and scholarship to cover tuition and COL.

utilitarianjac

Postby utilitarianjac » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:35 pm

eberl032 wrote:I also just recieved my financial aid package. Im so excited. Got enough in loans and scholarship to cover tuition and COL.

Congratulations! That sounds excellent.

katalatriste

Postby katalatriste » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:37 pm

i also received a financial aid package ... but unless i get that diversity scholarship i applied for, im going to withdraw.

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:09 pm

eberl032 wrote:I also just recieved my financial aid package. Im so excited. Got enough in loans and scholarship to cover tuition and COL.

So they include scholarship info in the online financial aid summary? If so, I'm screwed.

eberl032

Postby eberl032 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:22 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:

So they include scholarship info in the online financial aid summary? If so, I'm screwed.

They did include my scholarship offer in the financial aid summary on WaveNet. But I did recieve my scholarship back in December (maybe January).

I'd call the office and see. Can't hurt. Good Luck to ya.

orko60

Postby orko60 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:12 am

fenderjsm88 wrote:

My financial aid summary didn't include scholarship info, so I figured I got nothing, but in my acceptance packet was the $15,000 Dean's Scholarship. So, there's still hope!

Does anyone know if I would get the $15,000 in addition to whatever loans they've set up for me, because I could use a little more cost of living...

utilitarianjac

Postby utilitarianjac » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:25 am

orko60 wrote:
fenderjsm88 wrote:

My financial aid summary didn't include scholarship info, so I figured I got nothing, but in my acceptance packet was the $15,000 Dean's Scholarship. So, there's still hope!

Does anyone know if I would get the $15,000 in addition to whatever loans they've set up for me, because I could use a little more cost of living...

Your financial aid package (loans, grants, scholarships), in whatever combination, should add up to the cost of living. The cost of living, as published by the law school, is a fairly accurate representation of what you can expect to spend.

acrossthepond

Postby acrossthepond » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Does anyone know when class actually starts?? I have been looking but they don't seem to have posted an academic calendar for next year as of yet.

hungryjumps

Postby hungryjumps » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 pm

acrossthepond wrote:Does anyone know when class actually starts?? I have been looking but they don't seem to have posted an academic calendar for next year as of yet.

I called the office a week ago and was told that classes are scheduled to start on 8/23 after orientation, which starts on 8/18. Unless my memory serves me wrong, those are the dates.

Are you headed to Admitted Students Weekend next Friday?
Last edited by hungryjumps on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acrossthepond

Postby acrossthepond » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:56 pm

hungryjumps wrote:
acrossthepond wrote:Does anyone know when class actually starts?? I have been looking but they don't seem to have posted an academic calendar for next year as of yet.

I called the office a week ago and was told that classes are scheduled to start on 8/23 after orientation, which starts on 8/18. Unless my memory serves me wrong, those are the dates.

Are you headed to Admitted Students Weekend this Friday?

I wish.... I currently live in England.

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Yep, waitlisted. Going to be staying on that.

hungryjumps

Postby hungryjumps » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:Yep, waitlisted. Going to be staying on that.

Hopefully you will benefit from some movement!

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 am

hungryjumps wrote:
the_rad_trad wrote:Yep, waitlisted. Going to be staying on that.

Hopefully you will benefit from some movement!

Thank you!

eberl032

Postby eberl032 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:52 pm

can anyone tell me what the url link is to accept an offer and then pay the seat deposit? I want to do that tonight but I am at work and dont have the letter that explained it with me right now. Thanks.

star10

Postby star10 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:51 pm

DR'ed today....absolutely NO IDEA what to expect.

I'm thinking maybe WL??

3.57/159

dalancas

Postby dalancas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:59 pm

I went DR as well. No email as of yet. But considering my numbers 157/3.8, I am hoping I at least got waitlisted... who knows?

EDIT I hope they liked my PS and Mission Response... if I got in that would be why...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”