Pepperdine Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
muffinberry

New

Re: Pepperdine

Post by muffinberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:49 am

Me too!! I went complete 2/4 so it was a relatively fast turnaround. Not sure if that's good or bad. I live in Orange County so presumably regardless of thin reject letter or nice acceptance packet I should have heard by now?? Maybe they haven't gotten everything mailed out yet since the 18th was a Thurs.

eberl032

Bronze

Post by eberl032 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Ken Starr is leaving Pepperdine for Baylor;

http://law.pepperdine.edu/news-events/n ... /starr.htm

This makes me nervous. Who will be the new dean of Pepperdine law? and will they have a positive impact. I was excited for the overly conservative dean starr. Any one heard anything else about this?

jgulia45

Bronze

Post by jgulia45 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:18 pm

-
Last edited by jgulia45 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1ferret!

Bronze

Post by 1ferret! » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:59 pm

1) One shouldn't be overly excited about the conservative lean of the dean or anyone else here at Pepp. There really is a broad range of ideas here and such things generally don't effect classroom discussion or study.
2) We will have an interim dean for this coming year, with a nation-wide search being put together for Dean Starr's replacement to be installed for the year following.
3) This is a christian school, so whoever the next dean is will not only be accomplished and qualified, but will also share the values of the institution.
We will, of course, miss Dean Starr. However the school will be able to find a suitable replacement and life will go on.

muffinberry

New

Post by muffinberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi all, just called the Admissions office. I was told that they will be sending out mail for those who went DR on 2/18 this week. Greatttttt. A few more days to stress out and be anxious.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PiPhiJD2013

New

Post by PiPhiJD2013 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:24 pm

muffinberry wrote:Hi all, just called the Admissions office. I was told that they will be sending out mail for those who went DR on 2/18 this week. Greatttttt. A few more days to stress out and be anxious.

Thanks for calling!! At least I know to relax til the end of the week to get anything instead of crazily checking my mailbox every half hour..if anyone who went DR 2/18 gets a Wavenet invite please post

eaters333

New

Post by eaters333 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:25 pm

PiPhiJD2013 wrote:
muffinberry wrote:Hi all, just called the Admissions office. I was told that they will be sending out mail for those who went DR on 2/18 this week. Greatttttt. A few more days to stress out and be anxious.

Thanks for calling!! At least I know to relax til the end of the week to get anything instead of crazily checking my mailbox every half hour..if anyone who went DR 2/18 gets a Wavenet invite please post

+1

BruinsFan

Bronze

Post by BruinsFan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Good to know! I had a sneaking suspicion because the mailings section was never updated!

Will definitely update if I get a precious wavenet invite!

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 pm

Just went decision rendered today! What can I expect from here on out?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

choochoo

Bronze

Post by choochoo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 am

BruinsFan wrote:Good to know! I had a sneaking suspicion because the mailings section was never updated!

Do they for sure update the mailings section?? I know the the other schools I applied to have updated it, but I don't have anything under my mailings for Pepperdine. The other schools that I'm still waiting to hear from at least say when they first e-mailed me about my application being received...

hungryjumps

New

Post by hungryjumps » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:04 pm

adonai wrote:Just went decision rendered today! What can I expect from here on out?
If accepted, You can probably expect a WaveNet invite in 1 - 2 days, and they usually mail out acceptance packages around when they send out WaveNet invites, so you will receive it 2 - 3 working days after that. I'm in Los Angeles proper and that was my timeline.

Best of luck!!

hungryjumps

New

Post by hungryjumps » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:05 pm

choochoo wrote:
BruinsFan wrote:Good to know! I had a sneaking suspicion because the mailings section was never updated!

Do they for sure update the mailings section?? I know the the other schools I applied to have updated it, but I don't have anything under my mailings for Pepperdine. The other schools that I'm still waiting to hear from at least say when they first e-mailed me about my application being received...
My mailings section was never updated...

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:33 pm

Do LOCI have much effect at Pepperdine? I don't feel like waiting till July to hear about a potential acceptance off the wait list.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

utilitarianjac

Bronze

Post by utilitarianjac » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 pm

uwb09 wrote:Do LOCI have much effect at Pepperdine? I don't feel like waiting till July to hear about a potential acceptance off the wait list.
I don't think that it would hurt. I would certainly use the opportunity to show not only continued interest, but also how you are a good match for the school. Keep the mission statement in mind.

Good luck!

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Day two and no wavenet. Safe to say I'm out or WL?

hungryjumps

New

Post by hungryjumps » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 pm

adonai wrote:Day two and no wavenet. Safe to say I'm out or WL?
Give it a few more hours. My WaveNet email arrived at like 3:00am/ 4:00am PT or something.

the_rad_trad

New

Post by the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:29 pm

File complete as of 2/18...

Damn.

This whole process reminds me of why I abhor applications.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

the_rad_trad

New

Post by the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:30 pm

Call me lazy but...

Timing between "Complete" to "Decision"? I'm sorry, I'm sure you all have answered this at least 5 times each.

taytay

New

Post by taytay » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:Call me lazy but...

Timing between "Complete" to "Decision"? I'm sorry, I'm sure you all have answered this at least 5 times each.
lol this thread would be dead if it wasn't for these though :D

the_rad_trad

New

Post by the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 pm

taytay wrote:
the_rad_trad wrote:Call me lazy but...

lol this thread would be dead if it wasn't for these though :D
Too true!

I'm just so behind, really far behind everyone else. I waited to apply until I received my first semester grades. I needed the boost. But I'm still not good enough for 16/18 schools I applied to. Now I'm freaking out and more anxious than ever!

jgulia45

Bronze

Post by jgulia45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:14 am

Heading out to Pepperdine for faculty scholars weekend tomorrow. If there are any pressing questions people who are on the fence would like me to ask while I'm there, I'd be more than happy to report back :)

oh and any positive thoughts you all could send would be greatly appreciated!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

choochoo

Bronze

Post by choochoo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Has anybody from the DR 2/18 group heard anything yet??? I'm still waiting-- assuming this can't be good news.

BruinsFan

Bronze

Post by BruinsFan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:21 pm

choochoo wrote:Has anybody from the DR 2/18 group heard anything yet??? I'm still waiting-- assuming this can't be good news.
I'm in the same boat and yes, I've given up as well. Pepperdine would have been too expensive anyway ;-)

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:20 pm

BruinsFan wrote:
choochoo wrote:Has anybody from the DR 2/18 group heard anything yet??? I'm still waiting-- assuming this can't be good news.
I'm in the same boat and yes, I've given up as well. Pepperdine would have been too expensive anyway ;-)
I'm 2/18 with a 160/3.62 and I haven't heard a thing yet.

landmanpat

New

Post by landmanpat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
BruinsFan wrote:
I'm 2/18 with a 160/3.62 and I haven't heard a thing yet.
I'm 2/18 w/ a 171/3.32... still nothing... I would assume with my LSAT score I would be in, but this limbo is killer...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”