Pepperdine Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JOThompson

Silver

Re: Pepperdine

Post by JOThompson » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:08 pm

brose wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
Cmoss wrote:
JOThompson wrote:Affordability and atmosphere, those were the two reasons I didn't apply to Pepperdine. It was just a matter of personal preference on the latter factor. It's a gorgeous school and everyone is friendly there, but it wasn't the place for me.
the price tag will be the deciding factor for me
You may wish to look into outside scholarships as well. I don't know if Pepperdine will match scholarship offers from other schools, but that's something that might ease the cost of law school in Malibu. Good luck!
They will match scholarship offers from schools similarly ranked or only schools that are higher?
If they match at all, I imagine they'd have more motivation to draw students away from peer schools than schools that are significantly higher ranked. I have to confess ignorance on Pepperdine's exact policy though.

1ferret!

Bronze

Post by 1ferret! » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am

They'll match if you have the numbers to make the deal....applying early always helps too

arhmcpo

Bronze

Post by arhmcpo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:34 pm

JOThompson wrote:They will match scholarship offers from schools similarly ranked or only schools that are higher?
If they match at all, I imagine they'd have more motivation to draw students away from peer schools than schools that are significantly higher ranked. I have to confess ignorance on Pepperdine's exact policy though.[/quote]

Typically they will offer identical scholarships as Loyola as a peer school. Although if they really like your response to the mission statement, they will offer more than Loyola.

samfii

Bronze

Post by samfii » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:50 am

finally went complete today
application received 11/14

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”