Pepperdine Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
arhmcpo

Bronze

Re: Pepperdine

Post by arhmcpo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:01 pm

its usually a good sign when there's quick turnaround. They really look at the applicant beyond the numbers so if you do have great work experience that makes you unique, then your probably in good shape. :)

hungryjumps

New

Post by hungryjumps » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:25 pm

hungryjumps wrote:I went complete on 2/4; got a Decision Rendered on 2/8 (yesterday). No WaveNet email yet.

Does Pepperdine reject people this quickly? Or does the insanely quick turnaround time mean that I am probably accepted? Also living in LA.

My stats -

3.2/ 163, highly competitive dual-degree from an Ivy League ('08), extensive international and work experience.
Got my WaveNet invite today. Logged on and the application status still reads "Complete". This comes after going complete on 2/4 and getting a Decision Rendered on 2/8. No mail yet, and I am in the LA area. Anyone willing to share their thoughts as to what is going on?

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:30 pm

hungryjumps wrote:
hungryjumps wrote:I went complete on 2/4; got a Decision Rendered on 2/8 (yesterday). No WaveNet email yet.

Does Pepperdine reject people this quickly? Or does the insanely quick turnaround time mean that I am probably accepted? Also living in LA.

My stats -

3.2/ 163, highly competitive dual-degree from an Ivy League ('08), extensive international and work experience.
Got my WaveNet invite today. Logged on and the application status still reads "Complete". This comes after going complete on 2/4 and getting a Decision Rendered on 2/8. No mail yet, and I am in the LA area. Anyone willing to share their thoughts as to what is going on?
I think you got in, man. What time did your wavenet email arrive? I went DR at the same time as you, and I don't have a wavenet email.

:( This is frustrating. Pepp was one of my top choices. A rejection will suck.

hungryjumps

New

Post by hungryjumps » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:00 pm

rorystewart wrote:
hungryjumps wrote:

My stats -

I think you got in, man. What time did your wavenet email arrive? I went DR at the same time as you, and I don't have a wavenet email.

Hmm. Just called the admissions office. They say WaveNet can be a few days behind and that in any case, the separate Status Checker is more accurate. I was also told that my letter was mailed out on Tuesday (2/9) and that I can expect this late this week or early next week. It's weird because I am in the LA area and I would think that this letter would come sooner than that.

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Unless I’ve completely misinterpreted this forum, a wavenet invite is a sufficient condition for admission. So you made it. Congrats. Did you get the impression that one group of admits from 2/8 could receive the invite while another group of admits from the same day could have theirs delayed? As of this minute I still don’t have an invite.

It only makes sense that they’d send all the 2/8 acceptance wavenets out at the same time… That’s why I’m bummed. Oh well. :/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hungryjumps

New

Post by hungryjumps » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:56 pm

rorystewart wrote:Unless I’ve completely misinterpreted this forum, a wavenet invite is a sufficient condition for admission. So you made it. Congrats. Did you get the impression that one group of admits from 2/8 could receive the invite while another group of admits from the same day could have theirs delayed? As of this minute I still don’t have an invite.

It only makes sense that they’d send all the 2/8 acceptance wavenets out at the same time… That’s why I’m bummed. Oh well. :/
I would not interpret a WaveNet invite as a sufficient condition for admission. Some people have received the invite before even going Complete or receiving a Decision Rendered. Also, the admissions officer I spoke to on the phone told me to disregard the status on WaveNet (mine reads "Complete" vs. "Decision Rendered" on the remote status checker) because that system can be a few days behind.

If you got your DR on 2/8 like I did, then your letter was mailed out on Tuesday, 2/9. Depending on where you are, I would expect it by Friday or early next week. Honestly, I am worried because I live in LA and I would think that acceptances would be mailed express.

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Yea, but you’re missing the critical point: everyone who receives a wavenet gets admitted. They don’t create wavenet accounts for people they reject. Whether the status inside wavenet is delayed, or the wavenet is sent before the status checker is updated has nothing to do with it.

hungryjumps

New

Post by hungryjumps » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 pm

hungryjumps wrote:
rorystewart wrote:Unless I’ve completely misinterpreted this forum, a wavenet invite is a sufficient condition for admission. So you made it. Congrats. Did you get the impression that one group of admits from 2/8 could receive the invite while another group of admits from the same day could have theirs delayed? As of this minute I still don’t have an invite.

I would not interpret a WaveNet invite as a sufficient condition for admission. Some people have received the invite before even going Complete or receiving a Decision Rendered. Also, the admissions officer I spoke to on the phone told me to disregard the status on WaveNet (mine reads "Complete" vs. "Decision Rendered" on the remote status checker) because that system can be a few days behind.

If you got your DR on 2/8 like I did, then your letter was mailed out on Tuesday, 2/9. Depending on where you are, I would expect it by Friday or early next week. Honestly, I am worried because I live in LA and I would think that acceptances would be mailed express.
Just received my acceptance packet!

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:29 pm

:) Congrats. Any $?

Told you!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aquanow

New

Post by aquanow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi all,

I wanted to ask a question about those of us who applied for the faculty scholarship. I know that Jgulia said that she had been called and told she was a finalist, has anyone else heard back either positively or negatively? I have not gotten anything either way and I was informed they do tell you no matter the outcome. Good luck to everyone!

taytay

New

Post by taytay » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:48 pm

aquanow wrote:Hi all,

I wanted to ask a question about those of us who applied for the faculty scholarship. I know that Jgulia said that she had been called and told she was a finalist, has anyone else heard back either positively or negatively? I have not gotten anything either way and I was informed they do tell you no matter the outcome. Good luck to everyone!
I applied and haven't heard anything yet

eberl032

Bronze

Post by eberl032 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 pm

taytay wrote:

Same Here

youikky

New

Post by youikky » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:20 am

rorystewart wrote:
hungryjumps wrote:

My stats -

dont worry. got the same situation here. I just got an acceptance letter today but no wave net email yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

justcap

New

Post by justcap » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:12 am

eberl032 wrote:
taytay wrote:

Same Here
Ditto

smacroon

New

Post by smacroon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:42 am

justcap wrote:
eberl032 wrote:
taytay wrote:

Same Here
Ditto
Me too, hard to believe no one else on tls would have heard back hmm...

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:48 pm

youikky wrote: dont worry. got the same situation here. I just got an acceptance letter today but no wave net email yet.
Oh, phew. It's good to know I still have a chance then. Thanks for sharing. I think my letter is coming today.

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Anyone have any idea when the Diversity Scholarship decisions are sent out? Yet to receive an acceptance so I probably shouldn't be worried about this, but I'm still curious...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kickincane21

Bronze

Post by kickincane21 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:53 pm

When I asked about the diversity scholarship they said sometime in April probably...which is a little frustrating because Pepperdine is one of my top choices and I would ordinarily try to negotiate my scholarship due to the high cost of living, but want to wait and see if I get the diversity of not....doesn't leave me much time to decide.

dysonfree

New

Post by dysonfree » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:38 pm

eberl032 wrote:
taytay wrote:

Same Here
Invited to dinner on 28 Feb and stay the night. Invitation accepted.

scolinos

New

Post by scolinos » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:37 pm

Dr on 2/8. No wavenet or letter by Friday, and I live in Los Angeles. Personally, I think I'm WL'd, but I'd at least like a letter by now to tell me :)

Indianaman

New

Post by Indianaman » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:57 pm

dysonfree wrote:
eberl032 wrote:
taytay wrote:

Same Here
Invited to dinner on 28 Feb and stay the night. Invitation accepted.

Mind sharing when you received this information? Phone call?? Congrats!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dysonfree

New

Post by dysonfree » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:30 pm

1 Feb, voice mail
2 Feb, E-mail to confirm that I got the message
2 Feb, Dean Starr's letter arrived congratulating me on being admitted to Pepperdine.

jgulia45

Bronze

Post by jgulia45 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:23 pm

i was told there were 15 finalists...i know i was emailed by a current scholar with 15 others...i am pretty sure all finalists have been notified. not to squash dreams because some may choose not to attend, but first round has gone out.

eberl032

Bronze

Post by eberl032 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 am

jgulia45 wrote:i was told there were 15 finalists...i know i was emailed by a current scholar with 15 others...i am pretty sure all finalists have been notified. not to squash dreams because some may choose not to attend, but first round has gone out.
<----------------- Tar says it all

Jaded

New

Post by Jaded » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:26 pm

I guess Kenn Starr is no longer the dean:

http://law.pepperdine.edu/news-events/n ... /starr.htm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”