Pepperdine Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sawyer

New

Re: Pepperdine

Post by Sawyer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 pm

DR 2/8 and so far received no mail or wavenet account. Anybody else not receive anything yet who had there DR 2/8 as well?

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Decision Rendered 2/15... Do they send e-mail notifications of acceptance? When should I expect snail mail notification?

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:23 am

"You should receive a decision from the Office of Admissions in late January/early February."

It is mid-february....where's my decision?!!?!

wocehtoom

New

Post by wocehtoom » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:34 am

Just got my letter saying I did not receive the Faculty Scholarship. Saw that one coming

utilitarianjac

Bronze

Post by utilitarianjac » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:29 am

wocehtoom wrote:Just got my letter saying I did not receive the Faculty Scholarship. Saw that one coming
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that your scholarship package is satisfactory nonetheless.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Billy Batts

Silver

Post by Billy Batts » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 am

Sawyer wrote:DR 2/8 and so far received no mail or wavenet account. Anybody else not receive anything yet who had there DR 2/8 as well?
Same here.

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:31 pm

chrisokc wrote:
Sawyer wrote:DR 2/8 and so far received no mail or wavenet account. Anybody else not receive anything yet who had there DR 2/8 as well?
Same here.
+1 But expecting my letter to arrive today...

Only one person from our batch has posted his result, and he got in. But he also had a wavenet invite. Do you guys have competitive stats for Pepp? I'm a splitter, so it's hard to know for sure.

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Mine just changed to "decision rendered" on 2/15. As an extreme splitter, I have no idea how this is gonna turn out.

Am I understanding things correctly in that the fact I have not received a wavenet invite is not reason (yet) to think I may have been rejected? Also, should I expect to receive the acceptance/rejection notice via mail by this week (I live in Orange County)?

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:Mine just changed to "decision rendered" on 2/15. As an extreme splitter, I have no idea how this is gonna turn out.

Am I understanding things correctly in that the fact I have not received a wavenet invite is not reason (yet) to think I may have been rejected? Also, should I expect to receive the acceptance/rejection notice via mail by this week (I live in Orange County)?
It doesn't appear to indicate a rejection. But receiving a WN invite does mean that you got in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hungryjumps

New

Post by hungryjumps » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:Mine just changed to "decision rendered" on 2/15. As an extreme splitter, I have no idea how this is gonna turn out.

I received my WaveNet 2 - 3 days after my DR, which was on a Monday. Then the acceptance packet came via USPS on the same Friday - it's a large A4 envelope. I'm in LA and even so, it took 3 full days for the letter to reach me. I was told by Pepperdine that it was mailed on that Tuesday, the day after my DR.

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm another 2/15 DR.

I already have a WaveNet account (got a MPP from Pepperdine), but I don't know if I'm a admit if I'll get a different account; but I'm still checking to see if it update from SPP to the SOL.

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:17 pm

WL'd.

That's the way it goes sometimes. Thought I wrote a really good mission response essay... =P

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 am

rorystewart wrote:WL'd.

That's the way it goes sometimes. Thought I wrote a really good mission response essay... =P
Sorry to hear, good luck though. If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

arhmcpo

Bronze

Post by arhmcpo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:00 am

rorystewart wrote:WL'd.

Sorry to hear that, but a lot of people do get bumped in off the wait list. The vice dean said this week they would probably send out another 200 acceptances after the initial large group. I know someone who went to Loyola LA for a week (cuz they start before us) got bumped in off the waitlist during that week and left, and came to Pepperdine for the first week of school. :)

justcap

New

Post by justcap » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:09 am

wocehtoom wrote:Just got my letter saying I did not receive the Faculty Scholarship. Saw that one coming
Same here. Oh well.

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:12 pm

I received my wavenet early this morning, hoping for snail mail to get here by tomorrow with some good news.

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:17 pm

fcowrx wrote:I received my wavenet early this morning, hoping for snail mail to get here by tomorrow with some good news.

as someone who also went DR on 2/15 I guess its safe to assume my not having received the wavenet email this morning is good reason to believe I didn't get in...?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

That's what happened to me. But you never know.

hungryjumps

New

Post by hungryjumps » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:04 pm

fcowrx wrote:I received my wavenet early this morning, hoping for snail mail to get here by tomorrow with some good news.
Your timeline is essentially the same as mine. My DR was Monday, WaveNet on Wednesday morning, snail mail (acceptance) on Thursday evening. You will probably get your mail tomorrow given that 2/15 was President's Day.

Hope you get good news in the mailbox! The package is a light yellow A4 sized envelope with a packet inside. From what I understand, any financial aid will also be included in that packet.

Best of luck :) 8)

BruinsFan

Bronze

Post by BruinsFan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Just went decision rendered today! Eeek! Pepperdine's my stretch and it looks like most people with my numbers were WL on LSN.

I'm nervous. I went complete on Feb. 4, exactly a 2 week turn around. Anyone know if a quick turn around is good?

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:39 pm

BruinsFan wrote:Just went decision rendered today! Eeek! Pepperdine's my stretch and it looks like most people with my numbers were WL on LSN.

I'm nervous. I went complete on Feb. 4, exactly a 2 week turn around. Anyone know if a quick turn around is good?
Really?

I went complete on the 4th as well, but I don't think I'm even in review...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Italia8183

New

Post by Italia8183 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
BruinsFan wrote:Just went decision rendered today! Eeek! Pepperdine's my stretch and it looks like most people with my numbers were WL on LSN.

Really?

Does the status checker say "in review" or does it go straight to decision rendered?

BruinsFan

Bronze

Post by BruinsFan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:

Really?

Yes, unless my status checker is lying to me. Which would probably be more disappointing than just getting rejected. AH! and I went decision rendered at USD too today.

I need a glass of wine or a xanex or both.

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 pm

hungryjumps wrote:Your timeline is essentially the same as mine. My DR was Monday, WaveNet on Wednesday morning, snail mail (acceptance) on Thursday evening. You will probably get your mail tomorrow given that 2/15 was President's Day.

Hope you get good news in the mailbox! The package is a light yellow A4 sized envelope with a packet inside. From what I understand, any financial aid will also be included in that packet.

Thanks! Great to hear the timeline is similar to what others have been experiencing. So basically if I don't have a scholarship offer in the packet I didn't get any aid?

@ Italia8183, the status checker just goes from "Complete" to "Decision Rendered"

Italia8183

New

Post by Italia8183 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 pm

fcowrx wrote:
hungryjumps wrote:Your timeline is essentially the same as mine. My DR was Monday, WaveNet on Wednesday morning, snail mail (acceptance) on Thursday evening. You will probably get your mail tomorrow given that 2/15 was President's Day.

Thanks! Great to hear the timeline is similar to what others have been experiencing. So basically if I don't have a scholarship offer in the packet I didn't get any aid?

@ Italia8183, the status checker just goes from "Complete" to "Decision Rendered"
Thanks for the info fcowrx 8)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”