Pepperdine Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thebadpancake

New

Re: Pepperdine

Post by thebadpancake » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:07 am

jwbang wrote:Just out of curiosity... did Pepperdine bother sending you an email about your acceptance too, or did they just resort to a phone call? I'd hate to imagine the scenario where I'm sitting on the can and miss that phone call.
I missed the call - they left a message and I called back.

jgulia45

Bronze

Post by jgulia45 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:05 pm

My roommate and I (both incoming 1L's) are looking for a 3rd person. We have a great 3 bedroom in Malibu for around $1,300/month. We are moving in this summer so that's the downer, but if you'd be willing to pay a portion during the summer we'd consider it. PM me for details please!

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:30 pm

jwbang wrote: ??? I thought they said that they wouldn't even consult the waitlist until July? I've held back on sending my second LOCI as a result.
Nope, they're consulting it. I got the same phone call - but unlike the other guy, they didn't pick me. :(

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Sun May 02, 2010 11:06 pm

rorystewart wrote:
jwbang wrote: ??? I thought they said that they wouldn't even consult the waitlist until July? I've held back on sending my second LOCI as a result.
Nope, they're consulting it. I got the same phone call - but unlike the other guy, they didn't pick me. :(

I think this has gotta be good news for both of us. Im sure a call this early about the waitlist means you're bound to be one of the next picked (maybe wishful thinking), and as your numbers twin I'm pretty pumped.

Did you send a LOCI?

youikky

New

Post by youikky » Tue May 04, 2010 4:10 am

does pepperdine give out schollys after 1L?
or is the admission scholly is the only $ you will ever get?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eberl032

Bronze

Post by eberl032 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:54 am

There are tons of scholarships on the website given to 2L and 3L students. I assume you just have to apply or meet their individual requirements.

Anyone get a car decal for Pepperdine School of Law in the mail. Im excited.

rossoneri13

New

Post by rossoneri13 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Anyone know roughly when they expect to have waitlist decisions done by? I know some people have heard back already, have those mainly been acceptances?

Also, what are they telling the waitlist people that get a call but aren't accepted? Keep waiting or sorry you're out?

Good luck everyone that's still waiting.

1ferret!

Bronze

Post by 1ferret! » Tue May 04, 2010 10:15 pm

they will continue to draw from the waitlist as needed until classes start. I know a guy who spent his first week of law school at Loyola before being pulled from the list for the start of the school year. Depressing I know, but if you are willing, they will pull you late in the game.

filmbuff

New

Post by filmbuff » Wed May 05, 2010 12:20 pm

I am also on the waitlist! I live about 8 minutes from campus. A friend of mine (2L) was called the day before classes began .... and was living out of state. They literally called about 4pm, so he took a night flight to LA and began the next day. Time will tell for the rest of us!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 pm

anyone know when the 2nd deposit is due?

thebadpancake

New

Post by thebadpancake » Thu May 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:anyone know when the 2nd deposit is due?
July 1st

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu May 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Still............................................. just............................................................. "Complete". :cry:

lil_joolee

New

Post by lil_joolee » Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 pm

i just got DR today..a little nervous. but probably not a good thing right? i'm pretty much at the end of the cycle..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Mon May 10, 2010 8:31 pm

anyone still waiting for a decision? still in review for me...

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon May 10, 2010 11:13 pm

joonhp wrote:anyone still waiting for a decision? still in review for me...
You and I seem to be in the piles marked "Island for Miss-fit Toys" at all the CA schools. :x

arhmcpo

Bronze

Post by arhmcpo » Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 pm

I personally hope you get in Matlock, as you would instantly become the #1 TLS Addict in the law school :D Your post count alone puts me and my 1L colleagues to shame.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Tue May 11, 2010 1:10 pm

arhmcpo wrote:I personally hope you get in Matlock, as you would instantly become the #1 TLS Addict in the law school :D Your post count alone puts me and my 1L colleagues to shame.
:lol: :lol: If the powers that be actually read the boards, I imagine that's what is keeping me out! :lol:

(PS... I promise to go cold-turkey if you let me in!!!!!)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ryou

New

Post by Ryou » Tue May 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Withdrew today and freeing up $$. Good luck to everyone.

romi46

New

Post by romi46 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:59 pm

DR today :(

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed May 12, 2010 2:05 pm

romi46 wrote:DR today :(
Why the frown???? If I got any word or type written text from Pepperdine, (Acceptance, WL, or Rejection) I'd be bouncing off the ceiling. Currently I'm under the impression the whole admissions staff and un-reviewed files have all been decimated in a horrible fire. Why else would it possibly take this long????????

rossoneri13

New

Post by rossoneri13 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
Why the frown???? If I got any word or type written text from Pepperdine, (Acceptance, WL, or Rejection) I'd be bouncing off the ceiling. Currently I'm under the impression the whole admissions staff and un-reviewed files have all been decimated in a horrible fire. Why else would it possibly take this long????????
Nah, they've been busy imprinting your acceptance letter in a solid block of gold. It's a delicate process and takes time, be patient!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed May 12, 2010 2:15 pm

rossoneri13 wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
Nah, they've been busy imprinting your acceptance letter in a solid block of gold. It's a delicate process and takes time, be patient!
Tell them if it's anything less than 22 carats to keep it!

romi46

New

Post by romi46 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
I'm pretty sure its a rejection or a waitlist at this point... Sorry I'm not cheerier lol

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Mon May 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Interesting to see some movement now... they told me to wait until June at the earliest as well. Good to know.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon May 17, 2010 3:46 pm

quadsixm wrote:Interesting to see some movement now... they told me to wait until June at the earliest as well. Good to know.
Stardate May 12, 2010

Absolutely ZERO movement on my file. Still just "COMPLETE". At this point, I really have to question the administration here. FWIW, I'm probably an auto ding. It just doesn't make any sense??????

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”