Pepperdine Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dysonfree

New

Re: Pepperdine

Post by dysonfree » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Withdrawn. Free up 120K and 1 seat. Good luck to those still waiting. Pepperdine is ranked 51 this year. It will probably be in the 40's in 2013.

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:10 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:
lawschoolmike wrote:Wavenet?

I think I signed up for that a while back but it was open to all prospective students and I checked everything on wavenet and it had nothing about statues or anything of the sort.

Does the invitation to join wavenet come by e-mail? If so, I have not recieved anything yet.
Im sorry. I just reread my post and it is so confusing even I had trouble understanding it. If you are accepted, you will receive an email with an invitation to join wavenet. This comes somewhere btwn 1-3 days after you're status checker changes to DR. At least this seems to be the experience of those accepted here on TLS. If you are not accepted you will receive either your Ding or WL via regular mail.
Thanks!

Lol now I will commence 3 days of staring at my inbox (not much different from my work).
Ahhh this sucks. I called them and they said my LETTER was sent in the morning.... So it's probably a DING or WL. But I did ask him if acceptances are also snail mailed he said yes. Still no wavenet it's been 1 and 1/2 days. Hope DIMINISHED?

Still waiting for Loyola and UCLA (unlikely).

To answer a previous post: the statues checker goes from COMPLETE straight to DECISION RENDERED there is no IN REVIEW phase.

star10

New

Post by star10 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 pm

they will fax you a copy of your letter if you call admissions (if you are tired of waiting...)

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:44 pm

star10 wrote:they will fax you a copy of your letter if you call admissions (if you are tired of waiting...)

Ya, I was considering telling them to fax it to my work (only fax machine I have access to) but my boss would find out I plan on leaving. AND I CANT WAIT TO QUIT!

Here is how I can better explain how much I hate my job with the aid of my all time favorite movie The Shawshank Redemption:

From 9 to 5 pm:

At 5:01 PM

utilitarianjac

Bronze

Post by utilitarianjac » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:41 am

lawschoolmike wrote:
star10 wrote:they will fax you a copy of your letter if you call admissions (if you are tired of waiting...)

Ya, I was considering telling them to fax it to my work (only fax machine I have access to) but my boss would find out I plan on leaving. AND I CANT WAIT TO QUIT!

Here is how I can better explain how much I hate my job with the aid of my all time favorite movie The Shawshank Redemption:

From 9 to 5 pm:

At 5:01 PM

LOL.

For making me laugh, you deserve admission AND a scholarship. Now I will resume writing my final paper.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Day 2 and no wavenet. At work have not checked my mail.

Prediction:
Three more hours at work its 2:00pm pacific time
1)I get off at 5:00 I will rush home
2)Rrip the mailbox apart
3)Ravage the envelope,
Finally...
4)Cry like a b***** about the rejection lol

Will they send a wavenet invite even though you have already signed up for a wavenet account 2 months ago?

Rationalizing hope.

I don't even know why I am posting it's not like anyone cares lol.

Hayleedee did you get a wavenet and/or a letter yet?

Casper_n

New

Post by Casper_n » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:27 pm

I just spoke with Reina in admissions. Typically their waitlist is 400-500 students. In each of the last two years they accepted between 5 and 10 from the list, and in the two years prior they didn't go to the waitlist at all.

Guess I can return that surfboard I just bought as my chances of living in Malibu aren't looking good!

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Casper_n wrote:I just spoke with Reina in admissions. Typically their waitlist is 400-500 students. In each of the last two years they accepted between 5 and 10 from the list, and in the two years prior they didn't go to the waitlist at all.

Guess I can return that surfboard I just bought as my chances of living in Malibu aren't looking good!
That's a real downer.

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Casper_n wrote:I just spoke with Reina in admissions. Typically their waitlist is 400-500 students. In each of the last two years they accepted between 5 and 10 from the list, and in the two years prior they didn't go to the waitlist at all.

400-500 sent a waitlist decision, or 400-500 people who accept the waitlist and ride it out?

something tells me the amount of people who actually accept the waitlist is way way fewer than that

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eberl032

Bronze

Post by eberl032 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Question for those who live in or around LA:

Im moving to LA by June 1st and am interested in participating in a sports league for the summer. Preferably baseball (which I would love to play somewhat competitively) otherwise I'd also enjoy some rec volleyball. Can anyone give me advice or point me in the direction of some summer leagues for fun? Thanks.

1ferret!

Bronze

Post by 1ferret! » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:27 pm

uwb09 wrote:

400-500 sent a waitlist decision, or 400-500 people who accept the waitlist and ride it out?

something tells me the amount of people who actually accept the waitlist is way way fewer than that
FWIW: last year I don't remember accepting any waitlist, they just told me I was on it. Could be wrong though, my head is full of Civil Procedure just now. Never sent a LOCI. They actually called me in July and asked if I would still be interested in attending, and told me they would let me know in a week or so if they decided to extend an offer. Got a call two days later. Of course I wasted a non-refundable $1000 deposit at another school, but as I look out the library window at the Pacific, I am very happy with the decision.

frecklesmclean0002

New

Post by frecklesmclean0002 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:08 am

I just got my WL letter and I had to go online to accept it and confirm I wanted to be placed on the list.

jdhopeful2010

New

Post by jdhopeful2010 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:21 pm

anyone still "complete" Monday showing any movement as of late??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

romi46

New

Post by romi46 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:24 pm

jdhopeful2010 wrote:anyone still "complete" Monday showing any movement as of late??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm still complete... Pepperdine was my first choice but i have little hope since it's so late :(

thebadpancake

New

Post by thebadpancake » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:48 pm

I hope the waitlisters in the house will find this encouraging, rather than discouraging. On 4/23, I was accepted from the waitlist. Earlier in the week, I received a phone call from them asking if I was still interested. I said Hell Ya!! (not in those exact words). I'm very excited, and I will most likely be attending. Just FYI, I received my original waitlist letter around 3/20. So, stay strong, and THE WAITLIST IS MOVING!!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:24 pm

thebadpancake wrote:I hope the waitlisters in the house will find this encouraging, rather than discouraging. On 4/23, I was accepted from the waitlist. Earlier in the week, I received a phone call from them asking if I was still interested. I said Hell Ya!! (not in those exact words). I'm very excited, and I will most likely be attending. Just FYI, I received my original waitlist letter around 3/20. So, stay strong, and THE WAITLIST IS MOVING!!
I can not tell you how encouraging that is. My numbers are pretty close to yours (slightly higher LSAT, but lower GPA). Ive sent them a LOCI and a follow up email expressing my interest. Heres to waiting by the phone.

arhmcpo

Bronze

Post by arhmcpo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Good luck Foosters and waitlisters

And lawschoolmike: your pics with the shaw-shank redemption made me lol awesome movie

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lalaw2013

New

Post by lalaw2013 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:48 pm

any movement here??

PogueMahone

New

Post by PogueMahone » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:15 pm

DR 4/27...waitlisted yesterday via fax...not sure if I'm gonna ride this one out or not...it depends on what loyola says as their letter is in the mail

utilitarianjac

Bronze

Post by utilitarianjac » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Completely off topic, but did you guys see Pepperdine on Fox News today? They interviewed the director of our CDO, Mireille Butler, to discuss whether or not going to law school is a wise decision in today's economic climate.

It was short, but it made me proud of Pepperdine.

I wish all of you on the waitlist the best of luck.

arhmcpo

Bronze

Post by arhmcpo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:07 pm

Can you post the link Jac?

Murielle and the CDO are freakin amazing btw

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

utilitarianjac

Bronze

Post by utilitarianjac » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:19 pm

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4171800/stud ... in-futures

This clip has a few shots of Pepperdine students in class. The clip that I saw on TV aired later in the morning and was slightly different. I couldn't find it online.

jwbang

New

Post by jwbang » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:
thebadpancake wrote:I hope the waitlisters in the house will find this encouraging, rather than discouraging. On 4/23, I was accepted from the waitlist. Earlier in the week, I received a phone call from them asking if I was still interested. I said Hell Ya!! (not in those exact words). I'm very excited, and I will most likely be attending. Just FYI, I received my original waitlist letter around 3/20. So, stay strong, and THE WAITLIST IS MOVING!!
I can not tell you how encouraging that is. My numbers are pretty close to yours (slightly higher LSAT, but lower GPA). Ive sent them a LOCI and a follow up email expressing my interest. Heres to waiting by the phone.
??? I thought they said that they wouldn't even consult the waitlist until July? I've held back on sending my second LOCI as a result.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:59 pm

jwbang wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:
??? I thought they said that they wouldn't even consult the waitlist until July? I've held back on sending my second LOCI as a result.
:( I wish they would finish with the non-reviewed files before they started pulling off the waitlist. Congratulations, none the less!! :)

jwbang

New

Post by jwbang » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Just out of curiosity... did Pepperdine bother sending you an email about your acceptance too, or did they just resort to a phone call? I'd hate to imagine the scenario where I'm sitting on the can and miss that phone call.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”