Arizona 2010?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wakahaka
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:51 am

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby wakahaka » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:06 pm

My packet arrived today, along with scholarship information. See you at U of A in the fall.

Wee-Bey
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby Wee-Bey » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:19 pm

wakahaka wrote:My packet arrived today, along with scholarship information. See you at U of A in the fall.


Congrats! Any chance you'd share your #'s/scholly info?

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:26 pm

I'm still in "committee review" as of 1/14. I expect I could be there for a while if my other status checkers are any indication.

wakahaka
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:51 am

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby wakahaka » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Wee-Bey wrote:
wakahaka wrote:My packet arrived today, along with scholarship information. See you at U of A in the fall.


Congrats! Any chance you'd share your #'s/scholly info?


Sure- 3.4, 164. $42,000 (total) scholly, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm in-state, so that probably boosted it a little. Anyway, good luck to everyone!

User avatar
crombot
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby crombot » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:20 pm

IN via status checker just a few minutes ago. Now to wait for the packet and hope for some $$$. I have a great offer at UIUC in the pocket, so its a nice hand to have too. I hope U of A can come through with a better offer, it would be nice to be home near my family!

For those previously admitted, did they priority mail the letter?

User avatar
Threepeat
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby Threepeat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:10 pm

wakahaka wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
wakahaka wrote:My packet arrived today, along with scholarship information. See you at U of A in the fall.


Congrats! Any chance you'd share your #'s/scholly info?


Sure- 3.4, 164. $42,000 (total) scholly, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm in-state, so that probably boosted it a little. Anyway, good luck to everyone!



Hey Congrats!!! That's great news and also must be a relief to know your cycle is over and you're happy with the decision!

We're numbers twins btw. I'm really hopin they come threw with some $$$ since I'm OOS and I def. need some money to make this a possibility..I'd love to be there in the fall tho...

wakahaka
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:51 am

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby wakahaka » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Threepeat wrote:
wakahaka wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
wakahaka wrote:My packet arrived today, along with scholarship information. See you at U of A in the fall.


Congrats! Any chance you'd share your #'s/scholly info?


Sure- 3.4, 164. $42,000 (total) scholly, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm in-state, so that probably boosted it a little. Anyway, good luck to everyone!



Hey Congrats!!! That's great news and also must be a relief to know your cycle is over and you're happy with the decision!

We're numbers twins btw. I'm really hopin they come threw with some $$$ since I'm OOS and I def. need some money to make this a possibility..I'd love to be there in the fall tho...


Thanks, I appreciate that! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I've heard a lot of good things about their financial aid department working with people, so hopefully they are going to come through for you.

User avatar
anothernancydrew
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby anothernancydrew » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Hooray! In today via status checker. My status changed to Committee Review on 01/14 and then the date updated to 01/19, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see movement so quickly.

Congrats to all those who also got good news and good luck to those waiting!

User avatar
Threepeat
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby Threepeat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:32 pm

anothernancydrew wrote:Hooray! In today via status checker. My status changed to Committee Review on 01/14 and then the date updated to 01/19, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see movement so quickly.

Congrats to all those who also got good news and good luck to those waiting!


Congratulations! Are you one of us OOS'ers who had to submit a Why Arizona? statment?

User avatar
anothernancydrew
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby anothernancydrew » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Threepeat wrote:
anothernancydrew wrote:Hooray! In today via status checker. My status changed to Committee Review on 01/14 and then the date updated to 01/19, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see movement so quickly.

Congrats to all those who also got good news and good luck to those waiting!


Congratulations! Are you one of us OOS'ers who had to submit a Why Arizona? statment?


Indeed I am. I was especially surprised since LSP had me listed as a 'Deny.'

User avatar
sundevil77
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby sundevil77 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Got the packet in the mail today as well as scholarship info. UofA is definitely in my consideration set (I would prefer it to ASU) and this will make it appealing. Have to see what the offers are from the T14.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby scionb4 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:52 pm

They randomly offered me a fee waiver the other week, so I applied. Why not, right?

User avatar
azbio
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby azbio » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:39 am

I got my packet from U Arizona yesterday! Dean's $12,000 scholarship. Renewable for 2L and 3L. (My numbers are 3.8, 163)

User avatar
crombot
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby crombot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:44 am

sundevil77 wrote:Got the packet in the mail today as well as scholarship info. UofA is definitely in my consideration set (I would prefer it to ASU) and this will make it appealing. Have to see what the offers are from the T14.


with a SN like "sundevil77" i can't believe you are considering tucson--most ASU ppl are anti-tucson to the extreme!

User avatar
anothernancydrew
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby anothernancydrew » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:55 pm

School? wrote:
anothernancydrew wrote:
Threepeat wrote:
anothernancydrew wrote:Hooray! In today via status checker. My status changed to Committee Review on 01/14 and then the date updated to 01/19, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see movement so quickly.

Congrats to all those who also got good news and good luck to those waiting!


Congratulations! Are you one of us OOS'ers who had to submit a Why Arizona? statment?


Indeed I am. I was especially surprised since LSP had me listed as a 'Deny.'


Would you be comfortable sharing your numbers?


Sure. 163/3.13--but there were some mitigating circumstances/very strong work experience/softs that I think balanced me out.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:59 pm

I don't know what I was going on about earlier when I was talking about being "In Review," haha. I'm still complete. I think I got the Arizona checker confused with USC. All the red.

User avatar
crombot
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby crombot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Veritas wrote:I don't know what I was going on about earlier when I was talking about being "In Review," haha. I'm still complete. I think I got the Arizona checker confused with USC. All the red.


Haha, nice work. I'm not even IR at USC yet.. ugh.

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby wired » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:31 pm

wakahaka wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
wakahaka wrote:My packet arrived today, along with scholarship information. See you at U of A in the fall.


Congrats! Any chance you'd share your #'s/scholly info?


Sure- 3.4, 164. $42,000 (total) scholly, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm in-state, so that probably boosted it a little. Anyway, good luck to everyone!



Received my acceptance as well. 3.44/169 and no scholarship. I feel a little put-off by receiving no scholarship at all. It definitely has moved UoA down the list a lot.

User avatar
crombot
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby crombot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:48 pm

In yesterday, found out via e-mail that I got a $25k/yr scholarship....now waiting on the details..

User avatar
Close Diamond
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:40 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby Close Diamond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:22 pm

wired wrote:
wakahaka wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
wakahaka wrote:My packet arrived today, along with scholarship information. See you at U of A in the fall.


Congrats! Any chance you'd share your #'s/scholly info?


Sure- 3.4, 164. $42,000 (total) scholly, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm in-state, so that probably boosted it a little. Anyway, good luck to everyone!



Received my acceptance as well. 3.44/169 and no scholarship. I feel a little put-off by receiving no scholarship at all. It definitely has moved UoA down the list a lot.
Wired, are you out-of-state?

pepsi
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby pepsi » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:04 pm

What's the timeline like to go from in review to decision?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 pm

committee review today and received the email about "Why Arizona?" - sent back a short explanation (is this what you all did?)

User avatar
crombot
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby crombot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Veritas wrote:committee review today and received the email about "Why Arizona?" - sent back a short explanation (is this what you all did?)


Ver--yeah I replied almost immediately with a short, informal paragraph.

User avatar
GordonCole
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby GordonCole » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:40 am

Admitted today on the status checker, went complete about a week ago. In all likelihood I'll end up elsewhere but I've gotten really nice impression of the school. Actually visited the law school last week and was really impressed by the building which they renovated in the last couple of years.

Also, native Tucsonan here if anyone wants burrito recommendations, etc.

Wee-Bey
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby Wee-Bey » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:57 am

Admitted via status checker. I've gotta admit that U of A is probably my top choice if they give me a reasonable amount of scholarship money. The mailing section of my status checker is still blank; does that just mean they will have my acceptance package in the mail tomorrow? How long should it take to arrive?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, BACsop, BruiseWillis, carlos_danger, highfashionlover, jjcorvino, LAW1995, proteinshake, studyingeveryday and 39 guests