Arizona 2010?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Charles Barkley

Re: Arizona 2010?

Postby Charles Barkley » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Last edited by Charles Barkley on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ENGINEERD

Postby ENGINEERD » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:43 pm

waitlisted 167/3.2 not very happy

waverider

Postby waverider » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:$20,000 scholarship. Arizona is back in the picture for me.

Wow

Congrats

Asilkman

Postby Asilkman » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Took a while but just got my admission packet today. $10,000/yr scholarship with only requirement being I'm in good standing. Liked Arizona before but liking them even more now.

Whitters

Postby Whitters » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:51 pm

I just got mine too, with 8K a year. Pretty excited, but what does "good standing" mean exactly?

Congrats to everyone with scholarships, would you mind sharing stats?

Sclerenchyma

Postby Sclerenchyma » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 am

Whitters wrote:but what does "good standing" mean exactly?

Google failed me in an attempt for a definitive answer (yet it did inform me that letters of "good standing" are written by Student Services so maybe a call to them wouldn't hurt?), but common sense would lead me to believe that anything north of academic or disciplinary probation would be "good standing".

macattaq

Postby macattaq » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:27 am

Generally speaking, good standing is going to mean keeping your GPA above a certain point. IIRC, for the UA (and most schools), this would mean staying above a 2.0, although I may be wrong. It may also include not having any disciplinary issues, but its more likely limited to grades unless you do something egregious (like violate honor code).

beardown_tho

Postby beardown_tho » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:34 am

ENGINEERD wrote:waitlisted 167/3.2 not very happy

i saw that on LSN. pretty ridiculous

Adrian_8am

Postby Adrian_8am » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:44 pm

My brother is a 3L at the U of A and has a scholarship with good standing clause, it is a 2.0 or better... I will be attending this fall too... See you there ;)

Padimud

Postby Padimud » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Well I spent the day in Tucson on Arizona, while certain aspects of the school (namely Career Services and Administration) impressed me, Tucson left a lot to be desired. After spending a day at ASU on Thursday I will be withdrawing from U of A, taking with me my 25K/year scholly and opening a seat for someone else. Not dead set on ASU, but did determine that I would go to ASU if I go to Arizona at all. If you want more info on my experience then let me know.

pepsi

Postby pepsi » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Padimud wrote:Well I spent the day in Tucson on Arizona, while certain aspects of the school (namely Career Services and Administration) impressed me, Tucson left a lot to be desired. After spending a day at ASU on Thursday I will be withdrawing from U of A, taking with me my 25K/year scholly and opening a seat for someone else. Not dead set on ASU, but did determine that I would go to ASU if I go to Arizona at all. If you want more info on my experience then let me know.

Kind of a silly question, but did either school give you any free stuff when you visited? free t-shirt? mug? blanket?

msbeautifulbasham

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:04 pm

pepsi wrote:
Padimud wrote:Well I spent the day in Tucson on Arizona, while certain aspects of the school (namely Career Services and Administration) impressed me, Tucson left a lot to be desired. After spending a day at ASU on Thursday I will be withdrawing from U of A, taking with me my 25K/year scholly and opening a seat for someone else. Not dead set on ASU, but did determine that I would go to ASU if I go to Arizona at all. If you want more info on my experience then let me know.

Kind of a silly question, but did either school give you any free stuff when you visited? free t-shirt? mug? blanket?

+1 I'd like to know too. This stuff is important :)

Padimud

Postby Padimud » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:56 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
pepsi wrote:

+1 I'd like to know too. This stuff is important :)

None outside of more information to read through - sorry.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:00 pm

So, to you, Phoenix is more impressive than Tucson??? I guess that Phoenix is bigger, but Mount Lemmon is so near!!! I guess it's just the conservatism and (worse) sprawl of Phoenix that get to me.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 pm

just WD with some monies, GL everyone!

Adrian_8am

Postby Adrian_8am » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Yes. The city of Phoenix is waaay better than Tucson.

I lived in Tucson for about 7 years and went to UG at the U of A.

I now work and live in Phoenix. Phoenix is better than Tucson in almost, if not all, aspects. However, I will be attending law school at the U of A because it is simply a better program than ASU. I am willing to live in Tucson for three years and then move back to Phoenix when I graduate and practice there.

I think that living in Tucson for the sake that you will be attending a better law school is worth it. Additionally, you will be at the library most of your time or home reading and studying. Furthermore, the new facilities at the U of A are impressive.

cLams

Postby cLams » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:13 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:

So, to you, Phoenix is more impressive than Tucson??? I guess that Phoenix is bigger, but Mount Lemmon is so near!!! I guess it's just the conservatism and (worse) sprawl of Phoenix that get to me.

As a Phoenician, I can say that in general Phoenix is a more appealing city. With that being said, Tucson/UA seems like a great place to go to school. If you are looking for aesthetics and/or entertainment, Tucson may not be for you, but it has some great qualities for students. I went to ASU as an undergraduate, and Tempe/Phoenix can be distracting to say the least. While this can be great for many, I am definitely looking to go to a city that revolves more around the university and where I have less of a pull from external factors. It took a while for me to warm up to Tucson, but I'm really starting to love it. The campus is nice (although Rogers is not as impressive), COL is low, and there are plenty of bars/outdoor activities/student activities to participate in. Unless I receive some fantastic scholarship from a better school (which is unlikely) I'll be enrolling at UA. Just my two cents!!

thepcv

Postby thepcv » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:07 am

30K scholarship (10k/year), which is great. However, I was kinda hoping for more--only so I could more seriously consider it compared to Iowa.

msbeautifulbasham

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:51 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 11-ON.html

Board of Regents approved the steep tuition spike! I want to know how this will affect the law school!!

waverider

Postby waverider » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Still waiting ...

I'm very close to nominating them for the slowest admissions office award. I'm almost very close to nominating myself for the most impatient applicant award.

Come on Arizona

I like you. Do you like me?

Circle yes or no

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:16 pm

waverider wrote:Still waiting ...

I'm very close to nominating them for the slowest admissions office award. I'm almost very close to nominating myself for the most impatient applicant award.

Come on Arizona

Circle yes or no

Hopefully you hear back from them soon. Have you heard from UF yet?

Relientkate

Postby Relientkate » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:17 pm

waverider wrote:Still waiting ...

Come on Arizona

Circle yes or no

Yes, this is getting ridiculous. My status checker still says "Application Received."

freeskier

Postby freeskier » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Does anyone know if they offer travel reimbursement for the ASW? I've heard that some schools do, but have know idea how many do.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:09 pm

I'll be in AZ from April 1 - April 6. Anyone else?

Asilkman

Postby Asilkman » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:00 pm

freeskier wrote:Does anyone know if they offer travel reimbursement for the ASW? I've heard that some schools do, but have know idea how many do.

They do not. Called this morning to RSVP for the preview day on March 29th and asked while I was on the phone.

Speaking of that, anyone else going to be there for the March 29th preview day?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”