Has anyone heard from New Mexico? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
brittanybrooke

New

Has anyone heard from New Mexico?

Post by brittanybrooke » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:00 pm

I don't imagine there are many applicants on this forum...but has anyone heard anything? No action on LSN so far.

Krones

New

Re: Has anyone heard from New Mexico?

Post by Krones » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Nope.

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:12 am

No, it doesnt seem like they are in a hurry but I expect that some will hear something by the end of the month, it is cool to see that there are at least a couple other applicants on here!

smalltown

New

Post by smalltown » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:26 am

I think last year it was mid-January. The staff there is great, though. If you have any questions, contact them and they'll likely be helpful and respond.

brittanybrooke

New

Post by brittanybrooke » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Was there a status checker last year? And if so..did it change when a decision was made?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

monicaggon

New

Post by monicaggon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:47 pm

There was not a status checker last year, so all of this is unfamiliar territory! Good luck, and I expect we will hear from UNM late Jan early Feb...

brittanybrooke

New

Post by brittanybrooke » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Decision rendered today!!!!! Hopefully I'll know in a couple days!!

Krones

New

Post by Krones » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:32 pm

brittanybrooke wrote:Decision rendered today!!!!! Hopefully I'll know in a couple days!!
When did you apply and go complete? Numbers?

brittanybrooke

New

Post by brittanybrooke » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Applied 11/14
Complete 12/9
158/3.6

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

monicaggon

New

Post by monicaggon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Wow! So your status checker changed? I guess we will get the answers via mail?

Krones

New

Post by Krones » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:30 pm

brittanybrooke wrote:Applied 11/14
Complete 12/9
158/3.6
Are you a resident?

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:40 am

brittanybrooke wrote:Decision rendered today!!!!! Hopefully I'll know in a couple days!!

That is exciting! I hope the rest of us are not too far behind, i am sure you are in, but good luck!

brittanybrooke

New

Post by brittanybrooke » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Yes I am a resident.. and thanks! Good luck to everyone else too!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Bump, any new news? UNM is a fine school but considering how long it is taking them to get back to students when I have heard from several other schools already is a bit annoying.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 pm

For everyone applying to UNM you may want to check your application status. I just got an email today saying that they can't process my FAFSA form because I have not applied to the school, despite the fact I applied back in November and have the email to prove it. I am calling the financial aid office in a moment to see what the fuck up is, but just putting that out there to everyone to beware.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Just got off the phone with Carol Cravens. Apparently the law school has just begun to review applications and there was some screw up matching my application with my FAFSA form. She said everything was in order though and just wait until March or April for a decision.

Basically just everyone needs to keep a watch on this school and make sure their information doesn't get fucked up. Makes me think twice about going to a place with an administration this much in flux.

brittanybrooke

New

Post by brittanybrooke » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Just got off the phone with Carol Cravens. Apparently the law school has just begun to review applications and there was some screw up matching my application with my FAFSA form. She said everything was in order though and just wait until March or April for a decision.

Basically just everyone needs to keep a watch on this school and make sure their information doesn't get fucked up. Makes me think twice about going to a place with an administration this much in flux.
I was admitted on about Jan. 22. The process takes longer for non-residents from what I've heard. I fortunately haven't had the same experience you have. The only problem was the status checker. Once a decision is processed don't expect a decision for a few weeks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 pm

A decision was rendered on my application yesterday. Does anyone know if UNM gives scholarships to out-of-state applicants? If there was any way I could get full in-state tuition, that would be amazing.

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:32 am

roguey wrote:A decision was rendered on my application yesterday. Does anyone know if UNM gives scholarships to out-of-state applicants? If there was any way I could get full in-state tuition, that would be amazing.
From what I understand they are very stingy about scholarships; however, it is rather easy to gain in-state status after the first year, and in-state tuition is dirt dirt cheap!

tj1320

New

Post by tj1320 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Do they already have the scores for the February, 2010 LSAT? I just got a rejection letter from them today even though my file is incomplete due to the fact that I have not received my score yet. This is troubling to say the very very least. Hopefully it was simply an oversight on their part and not an intentional slap in the face.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm wondering if they would do an out of state tuition waiver for 1 year. UNM is already my first choice, but I cannot afford 29k for any school in 1 year. 13k I can cover with loans. If there is no sort of scholarship info in my acceptance package (if they accepted me), I wonder if I can call and beg for aid.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:20 am

decision rendered today, so I imagine i will be hearing quite soon

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:50 am

roguey wrote:I'm wondering if they would do an out of state tuition waiver for 1 year. UNM is already my first choice, but I cannot afford 29k for any school in 1 year. 13k I can cover with loans. If there is no sort of scholarship info in my acceptance package (if they accepted me), I wonder if I can call and beg for aid.
You can't cover 29K with a combo of federal and private loans?

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:08 am

darknightbegins wrote:
roguey wrote:I'm wondering if they would do an out of state tuition waiver for 1 year. UNM is already my first choice, but I cannot afford 29k for any school in 1 year. 13k I can cover with loans. If there is no sort of scholarship info in my acceptance package (if they accepted me), I wonder if I can call and beg for aid.
My credit score is too bad for private loans, unfortunately.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 pm

roguey wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:
My credit score is too bad for private loans, unfortunately.
Alright then that is a good reason why you can't go 29K.

On a personal note I have a difficult time convincing myself I should pay 30K or more for any school not T30 or higher. I'd be willing to bite the bullit for a year, but for three? Ouch. May have to as some states are just hard asses when it comes go getting in state tuition but I'll have to really love the school and area. Avoiding 6 figure debt, even if the school is in a large market like UM, is a big priority.

Good luck!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”