Who's excited?!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Encyclopedia Brown

Re: Who's excited?!

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:39 pm

TWoodWil wrote:I can't wait to see what sort of adverbs and adjectives adcomms will use on the reject letters. The three admit letters I've received were nice, but after the initial moment of joy they were boring. I want to be excited by new and novel ways of being told I'm sub-par.

It's so flattering when they tell you how qualified a candidate you are while simultaneously rejecting you.

valley splitter

Postby valley splitter » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm so happy I could kick a puppy.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:44 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:I can't wait to see what sort of adverbs and adjectives adcomms will use on the reject letters. The three admit letters I've received were nice, but after the initial moment of joy they were boring. I want to be excited by new and novel ways of being told I'm sub-par.

It's so flattering when they tell you how qualified a candidate you are while simultaneously rejecting you.

Cornell's letter was basically its not you its me. It was pretty funny.

roxj

Postby roxj » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:59 pm

So excited to see more movement, but +1 to whoever said they're expecting only rejections from here on.

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:12 am

roxj wrote:So excited to see more movement, but +1 to whoever said they're expecting only rejections from here on.

Maybe, but optimism, people. Schools like Northwestern and Emory have said very little, if anything, to the RD flock thus far.

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am

I, for one, think there's more cause for optimism than one might think. The increase in applications has set a lot of schools behind schedule, and I think January is going to be a better month for early applicants than it has been historically. Come February, though, I'm going to start panicking.

ogman05

Postby ogman05 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:11 am

summerstar wrote:I applied in October and November, but adcomms were waiting on my Dec. LSAT. Any idea if that will push an otherwise early application into a much later response time? Any chance I'll hear this week?

I applied to UVA Ed in nov. Asked to wait for dec score. I was accepted one day after score release. So there's def a chance. Guess it depends on the school and maybe if you contacted them.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:12 am

After getting in somewhere I would be absolutely thrilled to attend, I really don't care as much. Now I just want things finalized asap.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 am

For what it's worth, I know at least the Columbia and GWU admissions offices must have been open at some point between Christmas and New Years. Columbia confirmed that my application was complete on December 30, and GWU sent me an e-mail offering a fee waiver for an "exceptional LGBT student" on December 29. (GWU is the only school I'm aware of that seems to be actively recruiting LGBT, and they've been going after me like crazy. I guess they're happy I finally applied.)

billyez

Postby billyez » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:27 am

I think they'd be jumping all over you whether you were gay or straight as an arrow with that LSAT score of yours.

To add to your notice about schools open during the New Year, American University was also open. How they managed to get my December score so quickly, I don't know but my application is now officially complete as of 12/30 after being incomplete since 11/1.

I was rejected from Georgetown and UT during the early application season. Vanderbilt has sat on my application since 11/10 (just reject me already if you don't like me) and Cornell (which amounts to my dream school now) has deferred me. So, I'm not really excited now, as I've applied to a ton of other schools during late December and schools like W&L are just now going to consider me complete and promptly wait forever. Hopefully that 160 looks better than a 157, otherwise I wasted the opportunity to have this application cycle done with..

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 am

Helmholtz wrote:After getting in somewhere I would be absolutely thrilled to attend, I really don't care as much. Now I just want things finalized asap.

you were much more likable when you had just gotten dinged by columbia. now you're just insufferable.
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:42 am

Helmholtz wrote:After getting in somewhere I would be absolutely thrilled to attend, I really don't care as much. Now I just want things finalized asap.

diaf

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:43 am

IAFG wrote:

diaf

your cycle is just starting, dear.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:43 am

Where's the somewhere?

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:45 am

Veritas wrote:
IAFG wrote:

diaf

i will never make it to the end

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:49 am

IAFG wrote:

diaf

Hey hey. I got rejected from my dream school, WL'd at a target, deferred at a safety, and had to wait around with a lonely WUSTL acceptance in hand while seeing countless friends/TLSers being admitted to T10 schools with lower numbers than me (after I had basically spent the whole summer on my PS/resume/etc and submitted all my apps in early Oct). I get accepted to one school I like that I had a +70% chance of getting into according to LSP and suddenly everybody turns on me. Do you dudes know how painful these past few months have been to me?

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:52 am

Helmholtz wrote:
IAFG wrote:

diaf

Hey hey. I got rejected from my dream school, WL'd at a target, deferred at a safety, and had to wait around with a lonely WUSTL acceptance in hand while seeing countless friends/TLSers being admitted to T10 schools with lower numbers than me (after I had basically spent the whole summer on my PS/resume/etc and submitted all my apps in early Oct). I get accepted to one school I like that I had a +70% chance of getting into according to LSP and suddenly everybody turns on me. Do you dudes know how painful these past few months have been to me?

bc i didn't get dinged by my dream school, where i had applied ED?

diaf

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:53 am

IAFG wrote:
Veritas wrote:
IAFG wrote:

diaf

i will never make it to the end

not with that attitude!

come on fg! We've been at this too long to get cynical now!

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:58 am

Helmholtz wrote:
IAFG wrote:

diaf

You disgust me.

Seriously though congrats on Michigan.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:02 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
IAFG wrote:

diaf

You disgust me.

Seriously though congrats on Michigan.

I wasn't fishing for congratulations, but thanks anyway. Congrats to you re: NU, I was really pulling for you on that.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:11 am

Helmholtz wrote:
I wasn't fishing for congratulations, but thanks anyway. Congrats to you re: NU, I was really pulling for you on that.

I got damn lucky they gave a boost to ED applicants.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:13 am

IAFG wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
IAFG wrote:

diaf

bc i didn't get dinged by my dream school, where i had applied ED?

diaf

What are your best acceptances so far?

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:09 am

you guys make me worry. im just about to suckle on the teet that is the status tracker. only sent my apps out on dec28th after the scores. hope my lateness doesnt hurt too bad, should have applied earlier damn it.

already have the 2 status trackers that i have bookmarked and ready to go

sckon

Postby sckon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 am

Helmholtz wrote:
IAFG wrote:

diaf

angel404

Postby angel404 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:10 am

I'm in the same situation with waiting on the Dec. LSAT Score. I submitted before Thanksgiving, but a lot of schools, even without mentioning it, chose to hold me app for the Dec Score. Even places where I removed the hold have held off on decisions. So now I'm waiting for a bunch of "complete" e-mails.

Weird that Columbia was open over break, because my status checker still says Completion pending. GW, on the other hand, sent me a complete e-mail before all the scores had even been released.

Any ideas if schools have already read my apps and are waiting for a decision or if I have to wait to go under review? And for those schools where I've been under review since early December, when should I expect to hear?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”