I made it into my "REACH"

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mettasutta

Re: I made it into my "REACH"

Postby mettasutta » Tue May 10, 2011 6:38 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
chimp wrote:Okay I'm done.

Yes, you most certainly are. 1 hour for that crack. I meant this conversation was over and I was very serious. Anyone else want to joint Impatient and chimp for a spin in the Time Out Chair?

Thank you.
This is historically one of my favorite threads and I congratulate all of you for your perseverance.
On a personal note, today is one year to the day from when I got into Fordham. It may not have been a reach, but it was the school I desperately wanted and so I'm feeling all of you, today.
Carry on.

Congrats! I believe OS was accepted around this time 2 years back to Fordham PT after 99 days on the WL.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:19 am

nadopretz wrote:
chimp wrote:
Impatient wrote:"Huge reach
Harvard, in today off waitlist
160, 3.87 AA Male
I got waitlisted at most of the T14 except Michigan and Cornell and straight dinged at Berkely. Did not apply to S or Y. I'm really, really shocked about the Harvard acceptance."

This is not a reach, this is a joke. 15+ pts plus below the average LSAT..honestly this is insulting. If you were white I doubt you'd make it into your state school, regardless of state.

I have to chime in here. This is an ignorant and clearly bitter post. Why would you write something hateful like this? This thread is about getting into your REACH. What else would you expect from this thread? If you want to complain, bitch, and moan about which school someone was admitted to, do it somewhere else!

+1 million. I don't follow this thread but it showed up at the top of the list just now, and so I came to see to get a little pickmeup while in waitlist hell. I am absolutely disgusted by this poster and now totally afraid I will somehow end up in school with this jerk.

Honestly, Atticus Finch would kick your ass in a subtle but totally effective manner that would show you exactly how pathetic you are. All sorts of things contribute to people with low scores getting in to places that they otherwise wouldn't, there are lots of AA males who didn't get in but have better numbers than this guy, and yet you assume that was the major driver or at least the tipping point. Go back to 1950s Alabama where you belong, and I hope you enjoy your whites only drinking fountain.

Moi?

thecynic69

Postby thecynic69 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:34 am

3.99/177
Average softs, at best
URM

In at Yale

Also wanted to say...why are people so surprised at the hate? This thread could be also be called "You got rejected from school X, but I got in with lower numbers".

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:37 am

thecynic69 wrote:3.99/177
Average softs, at best
URM

In at Yale

Also wanted to say...why are people so surprised at the hate? This thread could be also be called "You got rejected from school X, but I got in with lower numbers".

That's a reach????? I think you're the only applicant that could have gotten into every law school with a blank app and your lsac report! I think HYS might change their stance on merit aid for you.

thecynic69

Postby thecynic69 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:46 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Average softs, at best
URM

In at Yale

That's a reach????? I think you're the only applicant that could have gotten into every law school with a blank app and your lsac report! I think HYS might change their stance on merit aid for you.

Yale is a reach for everyone.

protein

Postby protein » Wed May 11, 2011 3:53 am

thecynic69 wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Average softs, at best
URM

In at Yale

Not for 3.99 + 177 + URM

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:55 am

thecynic69 wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Average softs, at best
URM

In at Yale

I think you are downplaying your stats man. I got in with a MUCH lower lsat and slightly less GPA. You're right maybe no one is a lock for Yale......... Except you, MLK and Ghandi.

protein

Postby protein » Wed May 11, 2011 4:02 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
thecynic69 wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Average softs, at best
URM

In at Yale

I think you are downplaying your stats man. I got in with a MUCH lower lsat and slightly less GPA. You're right maybe no one is a lock for Yale......... Except you, MLK and Ghandi.

love it

thecynic69

Postby thecynic69 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:03 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
thecynic69 wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Average softs, at best
URM

In at Yale

In any event, I was grateful/ecstatic to get in. It was "my reach". I'm attending, and happy to be this lucky. Don't think anything more need be said. Feel free to PM if you want to know more details (was sick first time I took the LSAT so I had an outlier score, I applied super late, etc.)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed May 11, 2011 10:46 am

thecynic69 wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Average softs, at best
URM

In at Yale

no lol not for a 3.99/177/URM unless you wrote "i really fucking don't want to go here i'm just applying because my parents told me to. yale sucks" for your 250.

esoto88

Postby esoto88 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:31 pm

In at Tulane

153/3.01 (3.56)
URM
Excellent softs

:D

WarioLaw

Postby WarioLaw » Wed May 11, 2011 7:05 pm

In off of Harvard's waitlist with a 173, 3.8. Might not be a super reach, but given that I took the LSAT 3 times and scored a 160 and 161 on the first two administrations, it's definitely been a wild ride to go from that to an admit call at Harvard.

mettasutta

Postby mettasutta » Wed May 11, 2011 7:13 pm

WarioLaw wrote:In off of Harvard's waitlist with a 173, 3.8. Might not be a super reach, but given that I took the LSAT 3 times and scored a 160 and 161 on the first two administrations, it's definitely been a wild ride to go from that to an admit call at Harvard.

Congrats! I guess they don't average LSAT in practice? Or did you have really strong "softs" to compensate?

WarioLaw

Postby WarioLaw » Wed May 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Not sure how they viewed the LSAT jump. Based on my experience, I think most schools see the high GPA and significant jump in score and put a lot more weight on the 173. However, softs most likely contributed a fair amount as well. I have professional experience in law, a Master's degree and am a returned Peace Corps volunteer.

pppokerface

Postby pppokerface » Fri May 13, 2011 10:46 pm

WarioLaw wrote:Not sure how they viewed the LSAT jump. Based on my experience, I think most schools see the high GPA and significant jump in score and put a lot more weight on the 173. However, softs most likely contributed a fair amount as well. I have professional experience in law, a Master's degree and am a returned Peace Corps volunteer.

Did you write an addendum? If so, what did you say?

Postby 09042014 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:58 pm

This thread should be locked because TLSers are retards who don't know what Reach means.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Fri May 13, 2011 11:01 pm

WarioLaw wrote:In off of Harvard's waitlist with a 173, 3.8. Might not be a super reach, but given that I took the LSAT 3 times and scored a 160 and 161 on the first two administrations, it's definitely been a wild ride to go from that to an admit call at Harvard.

Retake FTW. Congrats!

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri May 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Desert Fox wrote:This thread should be locked because TLSers are retards who don't know what Reach means.

how dare you naysay the reachers? you should be permabanned just for detracting from this thread's iridescent glory DF

play2win

Postby play2win » Sat May 14, 2011 2:55 pm

In off WL from GWU with 167 and 3.14. Law school predictor gave me no chance...

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Made my way in off the waitlist at San Diego! Below both 25th percentiles.

WarioLaw

Postby WarioLaw » Wed May 18, 2011 11:45 am

pppokerface wrote:
WarioLaw wrote:Not sure how they viewed the LSAT jump. Based on my experience, I think most schools see the high GPA and significant jump in score and put a lot more weight on the 173. However, softs most likely contributed a fair amount as well. I have professional experience in law, a Master's degree and am a returned Peace Corps volunteer.

Did you write an addendum? If so, what did you say?

No addendum to Harvard. I did include addendums to schools that strongly encouraged an explanation for large discrepancies in scores. However, my reasons were not particularly compelling so I did not include an addendum when it was not specifically asked for. In practice I did not see any significant difference between including or not including an explanation (in my case).

Perch

Postby Perch » Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm

CmonSD wrote:Made my way in off the waitlist at San Diego! Below both 25th percentiles.

Congrats!!

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Mon May 23, 2011 12:37 am

Perch wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Made my way in off the waitlist at San Diego! Below both 25th percentiles.

Congrats!!

Thank u!!

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 am

URM or not, anyone who says that any school is a "reach" with a 3.99/177 is an idiot.

mettasutta

Postby mettasutta » Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 am

dpk711 wrote:URM or not, anyone who says that any school is a "reach" with a 3.99/177 is an idiot.

Unless the person with those stats has one helluva criminal record.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”