I made it into my "REACH"

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mr_Brightside

Re: I made it into my "REACH"

Postby Mr_Brightside » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:10 pm

I guess this qualifies as a reach?

Temple, FT Day

156 (second, 154) / 3.72
URM: No

I actually didn't consider it a reach when I was applying and put no "extra" effort in the app, but looking back I think I'm lucky to have been accepted.

Edit: FWIW, also WL at Wisco and Davis

feewaiver

Postby feewaiver » Fri May 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Non-URM

In at Tulane

hurldes

Postby hurldes » Fri May 06, 2011 5:56 pm

GPA: 3.0
LSAT: 167
In at George Washington..."DENY" according to LSP. I guess since my lsat was at their median this might not be a reach...

But if it is a reach, I think what helped my low GPA is a BS in electrical engineering. Also moderate softs were NCAA athletics, some significant community service, and what I thought was a good personal statement. Maybe since they are a great IP school they liked my major.

protein

Postby protein » Fri May 06, 2011 6:11 pm

3.4/171

LSP said I was a consider at Duke, but according to TLS, Duke loves high GPAs

managed to get in off the WL :D

saito816

Postby saito816 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Huge reach
Harvard, in today off waitlist
160, 3.87 AA Male
I got waitlisted at most of the T14 except Michigan and Cornell and straight dinged at Berkely. Did not apply to S or Y. I'm really, really shocked about the Harvard acceptance.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon May 09, 2011 4:03 pm

saito816 wrote:Huge reach
160, 3.87 AA Male
I got waitlisted at most of the T14 except Michigan and Cornell and straight dinged at Berkely. Did not apply to S or Y. I'm really, really shocked about the Harvard acceptance.

Congrats man, that is great.

obrayd

Postby obrayd » Tue May 10, 2011 3:04 pm

156/3.7
In at the University of Illinois -- off the wait-list today!
non-urm, strong softs

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue May 10, 2011 3:11 pm

obrayd wrote:156/3.7
In at the University of Illinois -- off the wait-list today!
non-urm, strong softs

wow this is a reach, congrats!

Impatient

Postby Impatient » Tue May 10, 2011 3:48 pm

"Huge reach
160, 3.87 AA Male
I got waitlisted at most of the T14 except Michigan and Cornell and straight dinged at Berkely. Did not apply to S or Y. I'm really, really shocked about the Harvard acceptance."

This is not a reach, this is a joke. 15+ pts plus below the average LSAT..honestly this is insulting. If you were white I doubt you'd make it into your state school, regardless of state.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue May 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Impatient wrote:"Huge reach
160, 3.87 AA Male
I got waitlisted at most of the T14 except Michigan and Cornell and straight dinged at Berkely. Did not apply to S or Y. I'm really, really shocked about the Harvard acceptance."

This is not a reach, this is a joke. 15+ pts plus below the average LSAT..honestly this is insulting. If you were white I doubt you'd make it into your state school, regardless of state.

Buzzkill

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue May 10, 2011 3:52 pm

160, 3.87 AA Male

Staying out of trouble.
Last edited by Ratchet Jackson on Tue May 10, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mettasutta

Postby mettasutta » Tue May 10, 2011 3:52 pm

160, 3.87 AA Male

This is NOT a place for AA debates! Besides, 160 is not 15+ points below the median LSAT at H, which is 173. The 3.8+ is nothing to sneeze at, and pretty close to H's GPA median.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue May 10, 2011 3:53 pm

160, 3.87 AA Male

wow you're just a fucking dick aren't you

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue May 10, 2011 3:54 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Any mention/allusion to AA was banworthy after this post. The motivations behind it are irrelevant.

Postby 071816 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:55 pm

160, 3.87 AA Male

I have to chime in here. This is an ignorant and clearly bitter post. Why would you write something hateful like this? This thread is about getting into your REACH. What else would you expect from this thread? If you want to complain, bitch, and moan about which school someone was admitted to, do it somewhere else!

p.s. learn how to properly quote.
Last edited by 071816 on Tue May 10, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue May 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Congratulations to everyone in here, but all of your success stories are depressing.

mettasutta

Postby mettasutta » Tue May 10, 2011 3:56 pm

bport hopeful wrote:Congratulations to everyone in here, but all of your success stories are depressing.

Why? Bad cycle? :(

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:57 pm

bport hopeful wrote:Congratulations to everyone in here, but all of your success stories are depressing.

Sorry your cycle didn't turn out exactly how you wanted. Do you still have any waitlist pending? You still might make it in this thread!

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue May 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Eh, was kind of banking on IUB with money due to my 166. Got dinged. WL at W&M, UCONN, and Maryland.

Im attending Pitt because I want to live there, so Im happy, but I just think things could have been different.

nadopretz

Postby nadopretz » Tue May 10, 2011 4:05 pm

edit
Last edited by nadopretz on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

mettasutta

Postby mettasutta » Tue May 10, 2011 4:10 pm

nadopretz wrote:
chimp wrote:
160, 3.87 AA Male

I have to chime in here. This is an ignorant and clearly bitter post. Why would you write something hateful like this? This thread is about getting into your REACH. What else would you expect from this thread? If you want to complain, bitch, and moan about which school someone was admitted to, do it somewhere else!

+1 million. I don't follow this thread but it showed up at the top of the list just now, and so I came to see to get a little pickmeup while in waitlist hell. I am absolutely disgusted by this poster and now totally afraid I will somehow end up in school with this jerk.

Honestly, Atticus Finch would kick your ass in a subtle but totally effective manner that would show you exactly how pathetic you are. All sorts of things contribute to people with low scores getting in to places that they otherwise wouldn't, there are lots of AA males who didn't get in but have better numbers than this guy, and yet you assume that was the major driver or at least the tipping point. Go back to 1950s Alabama where you belong, and I hope you enjoy your whites only drinking fountain.

To be fair, AA Male URM is a huuuuge bump and no white or Asian candidate with those numbers could snag HYS without perhaps godly softs (i.e. Olympic Gold Medalist, president of a small nation, etc.) Nevertheless, Impatient's comment was incredibly dickish and I reported him for being off-topic.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue May 10, 2011 4:13 pm

GUYS YOU'RE ALL GONNA GET BANNED. STOP FEEDING THE TROLL. i just posted what Gaia said earlier...

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue May 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Yeah, we're just going to end this conversation right here, OK?
If you must have the AA debate, take it elsewhere.

Postby 071816 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 pm

mettasutta wrote:
nadopretz wrote:
chimp wrote:
160, 3.87 AA Male

+1 million. I don't follow this thread but it showed up at the top of the list just now, and so I came to see to get a little pickmeup while in waitlist hell. I am absolutely disgusted by this poster and now totally afraid I will somehow end up in school with this jerk.

Honestly, Atticus Finch would kick your ass in a subtle but totally effective manner that would show you exactly how pathetic you are. All sorts of things contribute to people with low scores getting in to places that they otherwise wouldn't, there are lots of AA males who didn't get in but have better numbers than this guy, and yet you assume that was the major driver or at least the tipping point. Go back to 1950s Alabama where you belong, and I hope you enjoy your whites only drinking fountain.

To be fair, AA Male URM is a huuuuge bump and no white or Asian candidate with those numbers could snag HYS without perhaps godly softs (i.e. Olympic Gold Medalist, president of a small nation, etc.) Nevertheless, Impatient's comment was incredibly dickish and I reported him for being off-topic.

No one is saying that being black doesn't have the potential to produce a sizable boost, but the comment was uncalled for regardless. I looked back at Impatient's posts and it turns out he/she has trolled in this thread before, making comments that are just as misguided as the one that was most recently posted. Okay I'm done.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue May 10, 2011 4:21 pm

chimp wrote:Okay I'm done.

Yes, you most certainly are. 1 hour for that crack. I meant this conversation was over and I was very serious. Anyone else want to joint Impatient and chimp for a spin in the Time Out Chair?

Thank you.
This is historically one of my favorite threads and I congratulate all of you for your perseverance.
On a personal note, today is one year to the day from when I got into Fordham. It may not have been a reach, but it was the school I desperately wanted and so I'm feeling all of you, today.
Carry on.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”