I made it into my "REACH"

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Barbie

Re: I made it into my "REACH"

Postby Barbie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Flustercluck wrote:Congrats! and love the 'tar... :)

Thanks!

krad

Postby krad » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:49 pm

So glad to see that TT is back on track :D Congrats guys!

jacob_c84

Postby jacob_c84 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:23 pm

I got into my Reach!

Ohio State
non-urm

What I think helped me: ED app, 5 yr w/e, OSU specific LOR

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:30 am

GPA: 3.6 , LSAT 168
URM: Nope

NAME OF REACH SCHOOL:
UMich

Optional Essay:
"Why Mich" (which emerged from what looked like a DS AND "Why Law")

What you think got you into that school:
ED, Softs, diversity elements

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:50 am

180/4.0
URM: Yes, AA
School: Harvard
What got me in: The fact that I was a treasurer in a pre-law society, a president of a chess club and my mom says I'm special.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:52 am

Ragged wrote:180/4.0
What got me in: The fact that I was a treasurer in a pre-law society, a president of a chess club and my mom says I'm special.

Donate to Harvard much?.....

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:21 am

Go be a dick in a different thread, this one is for happy people.

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:16 am

GPA: mid 3.8
LSAT: 165 in October 2010, December 2010 score is pending
URM: No

Vanderbilt, George Washington

Optional Essay: No

What I think got me in: GPA, above average softs/LORs/PS, did vandy interview

Applied: First week of November

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Comedy fail.

nadiab420

Postby nadiab420 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:25 pm

LSAT- 154, 167
GPA- 2.4, extreme downward trend, took 6 years to finish undergrad for no legit reason.
Non-URM.
Average softs, if that.
In at IU-Bloomington w/ more money than any of my other lower acceptances.

lawyerwannabe

Postby lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:13 pm

123kl wrote:Harvard

169/4.03, non-urm

What got me in-- solid gpa from ivy, work experience with doj in one of my legal interests, tons of focused ecs with leadership, diversity statement

Best reach on the board! Already accepted into HARVARD!? Wow!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:19 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:

169/4.03, non-urm

What got me in-- solid gpa from ivy, work experience with doj in one of my legal interests, tons of focused ecs with leadership, diversity statement

I don't know if 123kl goes to H, or Y/P, I hope not so I can restore some hope lol

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 am

I love this thread. Figured I'd bump it to see if anymore people got into their reach.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:20 am

SupraVln180 wrote:I love this thread. Figured I'd bump it to see if anymore people got into their reach.

Apparently haven't had one for a while. I can still dream though...

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 am

Here's hoping!

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:55 am

r6_philly wrote:
lawyerwannabe wrote:

169/4.03, non-urm

I don't know if 123kl goes to H, or Y/P, I hope not so I can restore some hope lol

Does it really make a difference if you go/went to HYP?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:02 am

chasgoose wrote:Does it really make a difference if you go/went to HYP?

Most likely not, but then I will be more sad if that is true. Don't mind me :lol:

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:17 am

SupraVln180 wrote:I love this thread. Figured I'd bump it to see if anymore people got into their reach.

I love this thread too. Here's to hoping for some reverse-splitter love

krad

Postby krad » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:19 am

Gotti wrote:

I love this thread too. Here's to hoping for some reverse-splitter love

<3 this thread three! I'm still dreaming of my reaches! Come onnnn cycle...

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:21 am

I can't decide if Chicago was a reach or a target. LSP gave me a "strong consider" but realistically it's not easy task when your LSAT is a few below median.

Either way, IN!

yepyep

Postby yepyep » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:21 pm

czelede wrote:Seriously, enough with the GPA/LSAT arguments. Schools have their own approaches to this, and it seems to be working out pretty well for them so just leave it at that. Plenty of reverse splitters get into great schools with solid applications (see the 4.0/169 into H that just posted, or take a look at the ED trends for Penn this cycle), and there is a reason why slacker splitters with nothing else to offer get shut out of everything.

Congrats to all the acceptances so far in this thread - it must feel awesome being the exception to the rule :)

I'm not sure slacker splitter is a fair assessment. I had a 2.7 in college, and while I didn't score exceptionally high on my lsat, i only took it once. I had an undiagnosed learning disability from a traumatic head injury that was treated after my sophomore year at the University of Michigan. After taking a year off, I had a 3.5 my last two years. While this is obviously a rare story, there are no doubt many others who did not get mediocre grades because they were "slacking". Rather ignorant to categorize a high number of people, most of whom you don't even fucking know.

krad

Postby krad » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:22 pm

duckmoney wrote:I can't decide if Chicago was a reach or a target. LSP gave me a "strong consider" but realistically it's not easy task when your LSAT is a few below median.

Either way, IN!

Congrats!

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:21 pm

yepyep wrote:
czelede wrote:Seriously, enough with the GPA/LSAT arguments. Schools have their own approaches to this, and it seems to be working out pretty well for them so just leave it at that. Plenty of reverse splitters get into great schools with solid applications (see the 4.0/169 into H that just posted, or take a look at the ED trends for Penn this cycle), and there is a reason why slacker splitters with nothing else to offer get shut out of everything.

Congrats to all the acceptances so far in this thread - it must feel awesome being the exception to the rule :)

I'm not sure slacker splitter is a fair assessment. I had a 2.7 in college, and while I didn't score exceptionally high on my lsat, i only took it once. I had an undiagnosed learning disability from a traumatic head injury that was treated after my sophomore year at the University of Michigan. After taking a year off, I had a 3.5 my last two years. While this is obviously a rare story, there are no doubt many others who did not get mediocre grades because they were "slacking". Rather ignorant to categorize a high number of people, most of whom you don't even fucking know.

I really don't think czelede was characterizing all splitters as slackers, only those that get shut out of places where they could have had a shot with their high LSATs and unspectacular GPAs because they had precious little else to offer (other than the ability to score well on the LSAT).

czelede

Postby czelede » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:31 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
yepyep wrote:

I really don't think czelede was characterizing all splitters as slackers, only those that get shut out of places where they could have had a shot with their high LSATs and unspectacular GPAs because they had precious little else to offer (other than the ability to score well on the LSAT).

Yes, thank you. As a splitter myself I definitely don't think all splitters are slackers lol.

Edit: yepyep, I think you can also infer that if I say "slacker splitters get shut out of everything" and we both know that plenty of splitters get into great schools, obviously not all splitters are slackers.

rbarcelo9

Postby rbarcelo9 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:34 pm

In at Berkeley!

3.76 (FSU; social science major)
162, 167
Cuban male
Pretty solid public interest PS with experience and LOR to back it up. Also wrote a DS. Don't know what gave me the in, all I know is that I'm in and VERY excited about it!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”