I made it into my "REACH"

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HeavenWood

Re: I made it into my "REACH"

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:55 am

ziggie wrote:Yep! Either we got a boost or 163 is just a magic number haha
Congrats again, Penn is awesome! And nice 4.0

+1

Can't wait to join you guys in the fall!

ziggie

Postby ziggie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:59 am

HeavenWood wrote:

+1

I'll be going to Michigan, but you can visit? 8)

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:00 am

ziggie wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

+1

I'll be going to Michigan, but you can visit? 8)

LOL, RC fail on my part (but congrats to the Penn kids all the same!)

snowballgirl

Postby snowballgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 am

HeavenWood wrote:

+1

Me too! It is going to be epic!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:12 am

Congrats guys!!

As a fellow reverse splitter I am extremely happy for you all.
Last edited by Aggiegrad2011 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ziggie

Postby ziggie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:13 am

snowballgirl wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

+1

snow, are you still retaking the LSAT this weekend??

snowballgirl

Postby snowballgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:32 am

ziggie wrote:
snowballgirl wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

+1

snow, are you still retaking the LSAT this weekend??

I have really been debating it, but I don't think so. I am fully prepared to pay sticker for a kick-a legal education. Are you retaking by chance?

snowballgirl

Postby snowballgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:33 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Congrats guys!!

Thanks, Aggie! Any good news today? I saw you got accepted on the RS thread!

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:34 am

snowballgirl wrote:I have really been debating it, but I don't think so. I am fully prepared to pay sticker for a kick-a legal education. Are you retaking by chance?

Did you not apply ED?

snowballgirl

Postby snowballgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:35 am

HeavenWood wrote:
snowballgirl wrote:I have really been debating it, but I don't think so. I am fully prepared to pay sticker for a kick-a legal education. Are you retaking by chance?

Did you not apply ED?

Yep. Why do you ask? (I signed up for the Dec. long before I ED'd at Penn.)

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:37 am

snowballgirl wrote:

Well, depends how you look at good news and how willing to see patterns you are... I got a Decision Rendered on BC today, and don't have anything under "Mailings." People who have gotten DR in the past with something under "Mailings" have gotten either wait-listed or rejected (They send those via post). For DR, if you have nothing under mailing, they send you an acceptance video to your e-mail approximately 24 hours after your DR. So... I hate buying conspiracy theories especially when they can get my hopes up, but it seems like since I have nothing under "Mailings" that I have been accepted this year for BC, but we won't know until I either get that e-mail or get the ding/WL in the mail =-/

I did get accepted with $$$ to McGeorge which was nice. I got WL'd to W&L, which was not nice. Being WL'd at a mid T30 does not inspire hope for the remainder of the higher ranked schools I have applied to. =/

snowballgirl

Postby snowballgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:42 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
snowballgirl wrote:

Well, depends how you look at good news and how willing to see patterns you are... I got a Decision Rendered on BC today, and don't have anything under "Mailings." People who have gotten DR in the past with something under "Mailings" have gotten either wait-listed or rejected (They send those via post). For DR, if you have nothing under mailing, they send you an acceptance video to your e-mail approximately 24 hours after your DR. So... I hate buying conspiracy theories especially when they can get my hopes up, but it seems like since I have nothing under "Mailings" that I have been accepted this year for BC, but we won't know until I either get that e-mail or get the ding/WL in the mail =-/

I did get accepted with $$$ to McGeorge which was nice. I got WL'd to W&L, which was not nice. Being WL'd at a mid T30 does not inspire hope for the remainder of the higher ranked schools I have applied to. =/

Awesome for McGeorge! I hope you made it into BC. It is really great institution!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:44 am

snowballgirl wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
snowballgirl wrote:

Awesome for McGeorge! I hope you made it into BC. It is really great institution!

I'd be much happier with #28 than #98, no doubt. So would the massive chip on my shoulder that's been prodding me to keep a 4.0 grade point average through 4 years of undergrad.

snowballgirl

Postby snowballgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:50 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I'd be much happier with #28 than #98, no doubt. So would the massive chip on my shoulder that's been prodding me to keep a 4.0 grade point average through 4 years of undergrad.

I know! I realize that it is very time-consuming and difficult to score well on the LSAT, but 4 years of maintaining a high GPA is very time-consuming and difficult, too!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:54 am

snowballgirl wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I'd be much happier with #28 than #98, no doubt. So would the massive chip on my shoulder that's been prodding me to keep a 4.0 grade point average through 4 years of undergrad.

I know! I realize that it is very time-consuming and difficult to score well on the LSAT, but 4 years of maintaining a high GPA is very time-consuming and difficult, too!

Apparently not. LOL. =-/

It's OK... Some people are good at some things and some are good at other things. I love academics and writing my honors thesis has been a dream come true for me while for a lot of folks, the thought of a 50-100 page scholarly work makes their stomach turn. Walking across the stage as summa will also be a dream come true for me. I'm not too bitter about the fact that I suck at the LSAT despite quite a bit of preparation over a long period of time, but it is very, very frustrating.

I can always retake the LSAT. It's hard to retake 4 years of undergrad.

ziggie

Postby ziggie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:57 am

ziggie wrote:snow, are you still retaking the LSAT this weekend??

No, I wasn't planning on retaking; I was gonna retake in June if I didn't get into any schools this cycle. I don't think I'd take the December test if I were you, mainly because I would have no motivation to do well since there is no pressure!
By the way, anyone who got into a super reach still in disbelief? I think it'll take a while to sink in.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:01 am

snowballgirl wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Did you not apply ED?

If you did, why would you want to retake the LSAT?

ziggie

Postby ziggie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:03 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
snowballgirl wrote:

Apparently not. LOL. =-/

It's OK... Some people are good at some things and some are good at other things. I love academics and writing my honors thesis has been a dream come true for me while for a lot of folks, the thought of a 50-100 page scholarly work makes their stomach turn. Walking across the stage as summa will also be a dream come true for me. I'm not too bitter about the fact that I suck at the LSAT despite quite a bit of preparation over a long period of time, but it is very, very frustrating.

I can always retake the LSAT. It's hard to retake 4 years of undergrad.

I feel ya, you should def. be proud of your 4.0. Like I said in the other thread, law schools will see value in your hard work, the fact that W&L waitlisted you doesn't mean you won't get a straight acceptance from a higher school! I'm sure I was gonna get rejected from many schools ranked lower than Michigan, but sadly I will never know since I have to withdraw my apps!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:08 am

I feel ya, you should def. be proud of your 4.0. Like I said in the other thread, law schools will see value in your hard work, the fact that W&L waitlisted you doesn't mean you won't get a straight acceptance from a higher school! I'm sure I was gonna get rejected from many schools ranked lower than Michigan, but sadly I will never know since I have to withdraw my apps!

I suppose that's true, law school admissions is strange. If someone on the panel at Northwestern really likes something about my app, they could maybe accept me, even though my LSAT is way below their sky high median. Perhaps I rubbed someone at W&L the wrong way on my PS or app in some manner so they were like, "Well, she can handle the work load, but is she a good fit?" Maybe they have too many vets already... hard to say I guess?

Well, the important thing here is that you guys are in at a T10 that kicks major ass, and you're proving a lot of naysayers wrong. Please tell me you're on LSN this cycle to light up green "A"s on the graph!!

snowballgirl

Postby snowballgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:10 am

HeavenWood wrote:
snowballgirl wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Did you not apply ED?

If you did, why would you want to retake the LSAT?

I am a little neurotic (okay.... maybe a lot neurotic), and I still cannot believe I got in. (I keep checking the status screen to make sure :lol: )

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:12 am

I think we're all a little neurotic Snowball. In fact, my NU interviewer said exactly that - Almost every law school student she's ever known, including herself, is type A and neurotic to some extent.

If a school like UMich accepted me, I'd print the checker out and frame it. No. Joke.

ziggie

Postby ziggie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:19 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I think we're all a little neurotic Snowball. In fact, my NU interviewer said exactly that - Almost every law school student she's ever known, including herself, is type A and neurotic to some extent.

If a school like UMich accepted me, I'd print the checker out and frame it. No. Joke.

I wanna frame my acceptance letter! haha

Good luck aggie, I'll be sure to keep up with your cycle. And yeah, my LSN page is on my profile. My little green dot is there, way to the left of all the cool green dots and surrounded by some friendly aa URM dots; most impt. thing is, we're all green!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:20 am

ziggie wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I think we're all a little neurotic Snowball. In fact, my NU interviewer said exactly that - Almost every law school student she's ever known, including herself, is type A and neurotic to some extent.

I wanna frame my acceptance letter! haha

Good luck aggie, I'll be sure to keep up with your cycle. And yeah, my LSN page is on my profile. My little green dot is there, way to the left of all the cool green dots and surrounded by some friendly aa URM dots; most impt. thing is, we're all green!

I hope you GET an acceptance letter. Some people say that schools, BC comes to mind, doesn't ever send you an acceptance letter. The only hard copy letter you get from BC is the one saying you've been WL'd and dinged I believe.

Thanks for the luck. With the way this has started, I will definitely need it. I feel pretty well qualified for the latter half of the tier 1 schools I have applied to, including BC, which is why I will be totally distraught if I ended up dinged. W&L wait-listing me really bothered me. =-/

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:23 am

snowballgirl wrote:

I have to admit that I feel very strongly that higher GPAs are much more difficult to achieve than a high LSAT (coming from a splitter)

snowballgirl

Postby snowballgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:26 am

ziggie wrote:
ziggie wrote:snow, are you still retaking the LSAT this weekend??

No, I wasn't planning on retaking; I was gonna retake in June if I didn't get into any schools this cycle. I don't think I'd take the December test if I were you, mainly because I would have no motivation to do well since there is no pressure!
By the way, anyone who got into a super reach still in disbelief? I think it'll take a while to sink in.

I have no love for long anxiety-provoking standardized tests and retaking them for funzies.

I am definitely having a hard time believing they let me in. I keep thinking, "Drunk dialing happens, maybe the adcom just drunk accepted me..."

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”