I made it into my "REACH" Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DreamShake

Bronze

Re: I made it into my "REACH"

Post by DreamShake » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Snape wrote:
Gotti wrote:
northwood wrote:i say weak consider or deny on lsp= reach.

This makes sense, but at the same time, the only weak considers I have on LSP are Stanford and Michigan…but I consider the entire T14 a reach because of my LSAT (164/3.95 non-URM).

People on here were like omg you have noooo chance at Boalt but it’s a “consider” on LSP for me. But if I got into Boalt, I’d post on here lol
There is always a chance---though at Boalt unless you have something AMAZING (former mayor, doctor, peace corps, and legacy) you are prolly at about a 1% chance....still worth a shot though if thats your dream.
You're crazy. 3.95 with the URM boost has a good chance of counterbalancing the low LSAT, especially with a decent PS/LORs. Boalt's 25% is only 163. >75% GPA + >25% LSAT + URM=admit.

paisaaa

Bronze

Post by paisaaa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:41 pm

DreamShake wrote:
Snape wrote:
Gotti wrote:

This makes sense, but at the same time, the only weak considers I have on LSP are Stanford and Michigan…but I consider the entire T14 a reach because of my LSAT (164/3.95 non-URM).

People on here were like omg you have noooo chance at Boalt but it’s a “consider” on LSP for me. But if I got into Boalt, I’d post on here lol
There is always a chance---though at Boalt unless you have something AMAZING (former mayor, doctor, peace corps, and legacy) you are prolly at about a 1% chance....still worth a shot though if thats your dream.
You're crazy. 3.95 with the URM boost has a good chance of counterbalancing the low LSAT, especially with a decent PS/LORs. Boalt's 25% is only 163. >75% GPA + >25% LSAT + URM=admit.
Weak consider on LSP & in at Boalt. Let this double as my youcandoit/imadeitintomyreach post.

(Had hesitated to write anything before because I've been celebrating all over LSN. Seriously though, so psyched.)

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:02 pm

In at Penn ED.

3.94/166/non-URM/average softs.

The only two differentiating factors: I wrote a very unique PS/have a very unique reason for wanting to go to law school, and my father is an alum of both the UG and the law school (but I reckon this was a tiebreaker, not the prevailing reason).

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:06 pm

HeavenWood wrote:In at Penn ED.

The only two differentiating factors: I wrote a very unique PS/have a very unique reason for wanting to go to law school, and my father is an alum of both the UG and the law school (but I reckon this was a tiebreaker, not the prevailing reason).
Congrats!!!!

ziggie

Bronze

Post by ziggie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:26 pm

Last edited by ziggie on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:31 pm

ziggie wrote:163/3.83 nonURM Hispanic

In at MICHIGAN ED!!!!

No exceptional softs/we, straight our of UG

Even with the URM box checked Mich was a weak consider, I'm so excited!
Congrats!! Buy a huge down coat, start following Rich Rod and Jim Harbaugh idolizing Lloyd Carr, Bo Schembechler and calling Denard Robinson 'shoelace' and you'll be all set for Ann Arbor :)

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:49 pm

well.. rich rod might be gone before asw.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:49 pm

congrats ziggie

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Congrats! But this definitely helped more than you may think haha. (Not trying to downplay your impressive stats at all).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:02 pm

RJ127 wrote:

Congrats! But this definitely helped more than you may think haha. (Not trying to downplay your impressive stats at all).
Impressive stats?

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:07 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
RJ127 wrote:

Impressive stats?
GPA is impressive. LSAT could be better but not bad. Overall not a bad package in my eyes. Didn't want to downplay his/her academic accomplishments.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 am

Yay I can finally post on this thread!! Just made it into my BIGGEST reach!!!!!
ILLINOIS!!!

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:49 am

Barbie wrote:Yay I can finally post on this thread!! Just made it into my BIGGEST reach!!!!!
ILLINOIS!!!
WITH money :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AEM2010

New

Post by AEM2010 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:03 pm

I made it into Michigan ED, which was definitely my "reach," and my first choice! 165/ 3.94!!!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Snape wrote:
Gotti wrote:

lsp has me at 51% for boalt haha. I'd say a liiiiiittle more than 1% considering i'm >75th and >25th<<50th

Edit: just realized someone already said this. but i'm not URM. still, though!
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:35 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
RJ127 wrote:

Impressive stats?
unnecessary :roll:

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:13 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
RJ127 wrote:

Impressive stats?
Thanks for downplaying my acceptance. Legacy isn't as important at Penn as one would think.

But haters gonna hate.
Last edited by HeavenWood on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:18 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:
RJ127 wrote:

Impressive stats?
Thanks for downplaying my acceptance. Legacy isn't as important at Penn as one would think.

But haters gonna hate.
Congratulations on Penn!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:18 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

But haters gonna hate.
I know how impressive a 3.94 is. There is also nothing wrong with being a legacy. Many of us will have legacy children one day, and I would love to hear any of you will tell them not to put you on their app.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:26 pm

HeavenWood wrote:But haters gonna hate.
yep. don't worry--your stats are more impressive than mine so i think they're impressive :)

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Gotti wrote:
yep. don't worry--your stats are more impressive than mine so i think they're impressive :)
This isn't a confidence issue; I know my stats are low for the T14, and I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with are rude, unnecessary comments like Sophia's. This is the "reach" thread for God's sake. I didn't post here to show off my numbers, just my good fortune.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:37 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Gotti wrote:
This isn't a confidence issue; I know my stats are low for the T14, and I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with are rude, unnecessary comments like Sophia's. This is the "reach" thread for God's sake. I didn't post here to show off my numbers, just my good fortune.
+1. Glad you made it to your top choice, my friend.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:38 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Gotti wrote:
no i know. she has like a 176 or something, i think. just because her stats are "impressive" doesn't mean everyone else's are not, and this is not the “hey look at my stats they’re so impressive I can get in anywhere” thread. so she needs to stfu or gtfo.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Gotti wrote: no i know. she has like a 176 or something, i think. just because her stats are "impressive" doesn't mean everyone else's are not, and this is not the “hey look at my stats they’re so impressive I can get in anywhere” thread. so she needs to stfu or gtfo.
There isn't a need to hate on anyone with a 176. If I had a 176 I wouldn't care about where you mugs get in. No offense :mrgreen:

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:46 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Gotti wrote: no i know. she has like a 176 or something, i think. just because her stats are "impressive" doesn't mean everyone else's are not, and this is not the “hey look at my stats they’re so impressive I can get in anywhere” thread. so she needs to stfu or gtfo.
There isn't a need to hate on anyone with a 176. If I had a 176 I wouldn't care about where you mugs get in. No offense :mrgreen:
I would never hate on a human being who got a 176.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”