I made it into my "REACH" Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gotti

Gold

Re: I made it into my "REACH"

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:47 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Gotti wrote: no i know. she has like a 176 or something, i think. just because her stats are "impressive" doesn't mean everyone else's are not, and this is not the “hey look at my stats they’re so impressive I can get in anywhere” thread. so she needs to stfu or gtfo.
There isn't a need to hate on anyone with a 176. If I had a 176 I wouldn't care about where you mugs get in. No offense :mrgreen:

I'm not hating on her for having a 176, I’m hating on her because she made a completely unnecessary comment to shit on HeavenWood’s achievements. He/She may have a 166 but it got him/her into the 8th best school in the nation, so there is no need for sophie to be a bitch lol

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Sorry, I meant to say:

With a 176, I wouldn't be hating on anyone.

I better get to my ESL class...

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Gotti wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Gotti wrote: no i know. she has like a 176 or something, i think. just because her stats are "impressive" doesn't mean everyone else's are not, and this is not the “hey look at my stats they’re so impressive I can get in anywhere” thread. so she needs to stfu or gtfo.
There isn't a need to hate on anyone with a 176. If I had a 176 I wouldn't care about where you mugs get in. No offense :mrgreen:

I'm not hating on her for having a 176, I’m hating on her because she made a completely unnecessary comment to shit on HeavenWood’s achievements. He/She may have a 166 but it got him/her into the 8th best school in the nation, so there is no need for sophie to be a bitch lol
I'm a he and Penn's currently ranked #7, but we'll let that slide. :mrgreen:

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:50 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Gotti wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

I'm a he and Penn's currently ranked #7, but we'll let that slide. :mrgreen:

hahahah can you ever forgive me???

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Gotti wrote: hahahah can you ever forgive me???
Kobe grew up in my hometown, so yes. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

logistikon

New

Post by logistikon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 pm

seriously how do yall follow each other stats so closely? did you pull that sophie has a 176 from MEMORY?

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Gotti wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

You fail, buddy!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:12 pm

logistikon wrote:seriously how do yall follow each other stats so closely? did you pull that sophie has a 176 from MEMORY?
LOL. embarrassing. i just saw it like a few days ago. when ppl have highass LSAT scores I tend to remember...

i also have a good number memory. or i'm just neurotic and obsessed with TLS. one of the two.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Gotti wrote:
logistikon wrote:seriously how do yall follow each other stats so closely? did you pull that sophie has a 176 from MEMORY?
LOL. embarrassing. i just saw it like a few days ago. when ppl have highass LSAT scores I tend to remember...

i also have a good number memory. or i'm just neurotic and obsessed with TLS. one of the two.
It's also easy to remember TLS' most caustic posters (and considering we're a caustic group of people in general, being specifically remembered for your bad attitude is a real accomplishment).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:57 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Gotti wrote:

It's also easy to remember TLS' most caustic posters (and considering we're a caustic group of people in general, being specifically remembered for your bad attitude is a real accomplishment).
yep and this.

ps heavenwood, to my defense, penn was 8th last year :)

akijiki

New

Post by akijiki » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Woo! Got in BC with 160/3.70 non-URM

Classygal87

New

Post by Classygal87 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:37 pm

akijiki wrote:Woo! Got in BC with 160/3.70 non-URM
Congrats! That makes me feel hopeful about BC!

akijiki

New

Post by akijiki » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Yeah, if i can do it 90% of the people on this forum can. Good luck! :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Reading this thread makes me wish I had applied to some reach schools instead of just EDing a perfect fit.

Meh. I'm accepted to a great school anyway. I guess it's just a case of

--ImageRemoved--

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:15 pm

akijiki wrote:Yeah, if i can do it 90% of the people on this forum can. Good luck! :)
+1. I didn't even ED and got into a school with medians WAY over my scores. Its good to reach :D

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:49 pm

akijiki wrote:Woo! Got in BC with 160/3.70 non-URM
retake or don't go

snowballgirl

New

Post by snowballgirl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:16 pm

GPA: 4.0 , LSAT 163
URM: No (but I am Hispanic)

School: University of Pennsylvania, ED

Finally, what you think (totally subjective) got you into that school: Well... I don't really know. (I am still in shock.) My PS was good. I wrote a Diversity Statement about living in poverty and moving around quite a bit as an adolescent. My softs are good, but I didn't cure cancer nor am I Rhodes Scholar...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:21 pm

snowballgirl wrote:GPA: 4.0 , LSAT 163

Finally, what you think (totally subjective) got you into that school: Well... I don't really know. (I am still in shock.) My PS was good. I wrote a Diversity Statement about living in poverty and moving around quite a bit as an adolescent. My softs are good, but I didn't cure cancer nor am I Rhodes Scholar...
4.0 is awesome, but this is still a great success
CONGRATS! Penn is amazing.

ziggie

Bronze

Post by ziggie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Last edited by ziggie on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 pm

ziggie wrote: Congrats! Similar stats, in at similar school!
Looks like a lot of non MX/PR hispanics are getting a boost this year! I hope TLSers start encouraging "other hispanics" to apply to more reaches instead of discouraging them by saying there won't be a boost. So far this cycle I have seen 3 acceptances to T14 to 163/3.8+ "other hispanics": me- Michigan ED, masterthearts- GULC, snow- Penn ED. Anyways, congrats to everyone getting into reach schools!
There can definitely be a boost for "other Hispanics." It's just much less of a sure thing than an AA, NA, Mexican, or Puerto Rican boost.

ziggie

Bronze

Post by ziggie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:17 am

Last edited by ziggie on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:18 am

ziggie wrote: I agree with you that it is less, I just remember asking about my chances several times and getting the same answer every time, that I would get NO boost. Maybe it was just due to a lack of evidence that other hispanics would get a boost, but as I mentioned before, there have been at least 3 people this cycle who benefited from one. You're right, it is less than the URM boost and more unpredictable, but there is one, and the TLS advice in those cases should be to apply broadly. Oh one more thing, I really think that admissions people recognize that there is a big difference in the amount of diversity a person who is connected to their hispanic heritage can bring as opposed to someone who checks their hispanic box because one of their parents is hispanic.

Sorry if it seems like I derailed this thread, but I think this could explain how I (and a couple of others in this thread) made it into my reach. :D
Are you saying that the TLS consensus is occasionally wrong?! LIES!!!

ziggie

Bronze

Post by ziggie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:28 am

HeavenWood wrote:
ziggie wrote: I agree with you that it is less, I just remember asking about my chances several times and getting the same answer every time, that I would get NO boost. Maybe it was just due to a lack of evidence that other hispanics would get a boost, but as I mentioned before, there have been at least 3 people this cycle who benefited from one. You're right, it is less than the URM boost and more unpredictable, but there is one, and the TLS advice in those cases should be to apply broadly. Oh one more thing, I really think that admissions people recognize that there is a big difference in the amount of diversity a person who is connected to their hispanic heritage can bring as opposed to someone who checks their hispanic box because one of their parents is hispanic.

Sorry if it seems like I derailed this thread, but I think this could explain how I (and a couple of others in this thread) made it into my reach. :D
Are you saying that the TLS consensus is occasionally wrong?! LIES!!!
Haha honestly, I have found that it is usually right, aside from some outliers/pessimists, but completely wrong in this case

snowballgirl

New

Post by snowballgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:49 am

ziggie wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:

Congrats! Similar stats, in at similar school!
Looks like a lot of non MX/PR hispanics are getting a boost this year! I hope TLSers start encouraging "other hispanics" to apply to more reaches instead of discouraging them by saying there won't be a boost. So far this cycle I have seen 3 acceptances to T14 to 163/3.8+ "other hispanics": me- Michigan ED, masterthearts- GULC, snow- Penn ED. Anyways, congrats to everyone getting into reach schools!
Wow! I am so glad to read that. I realize the TLS stance is that there is no boost (or at most a very small boost) for being "other Hispanic." It is nice to see that maybe that isn't as correct. I think everyone should try (if they can financially) for at least one Hail Mary in his/her cycle.

ziggie

Bronze

Post by ziggie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:53 am

snowballgirl wrote:
ziggie wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:

Congrats! Similar stats, in at similar school!
Wow! I am so glad to read that. I realize the TLS stance is that there is no boost (or at most a very small boost) for being "other Hispanic." It is nice to see that maybe that isn't as correct. I think everyone should try (if they can financially) for at least one Hail Mary in his/her cycle.
Yep! Either we got a boost or 163 is just a magic number haha
Congrats again, Penn is awesome! And nice 4.0

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”