In at Chicago! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ontologyfail

Bronze

Re: In at Chicago!

Post by ontologyfail » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:32 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Dont think we will be getting them today.. I just called and they said they dont know when they are going to go out...

It seems like a big mistake on their part to tell us all that they were going out last week
+1. Thanks for calling though!

hiro86

Bronze

Post by hiro86 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:33 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Dont think we will be getting them today.. I just called and they said they dont know when they are going to go out...

It seems like a big mistake on their part to tell us all that they were going out last week
Wow. Even if it's a technical problem, they should at least update us on what the hell is going on.

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 pm

hiro86 wrote:

Wow. Even if it's a technical problem, they should at least update us on what the hell is going on.
Yea, they really messed up big time. I'll be there on Thursday, so if we don't hear anything by then I'll go ask about it in person.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:59 pm

ontologyfail wrote:

+1. Thanks for calling though!

hiro86

Bronze

Post by hiro86 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Yet another day with no word on financial aid.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:13 pm

hiro86 wrote:Yet another day with no word on financial aid.
They really really messed up telling us we would get it..

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:55 pm

I think you all need to relax. Tons of schools don't send out fin aid until early March.

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:07 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:I think you all need to relax. Tons of schools don't send out fin aid until early March.
Except that they explicitly promised it by last week.

Fancy Pants

Bronze

Post by Fancy Pants » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:I think you all need to relax. Tons of schools don't send out fin aid until early March.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hiro86

Bronze

Post by hiro86 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:23 am

How hard would it be for the financial aid director to send out a quick email to apologize for the delay and to explain what is going on? That is what should have been done. It is the lack of communication more than anything that is frustrating. However, I am very hopeful that awards will start coming out tomorrow.

MeasuredOptimism

New

Post by MeasuredOptimism » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:04 am

I just submitted my Need Access over the weekend, even though I was accepted before the 2/1 deadline (parent was being difficult...)

Is this going to hurt me in the financial aid dept?

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Sorry if this has been asked fifteen times...I'm not applying for need based aid, but should I do something to indicate I'd like to be considered for merit aid?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:17 pm

nixxers wrote:Sorry if this has been asked fifteen times...I'm not applying for need based aid, but should I do something to indicate I'd like to be considered for merit aid?
I believe you cannot get Merit Aid without filling out a Need Access form still.. I might be wrong

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

prefontaine

New

Post by prefontaine » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:22 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
nixxers wrote:Sorry if this has been asked fifteen times...I'm not applying for need based aid, but should I do something to indicate I'd like to be considered for merit aid?
I believe you cannot get Merit Aid without filling out a Need Access form still.. I might be wrong

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... id/process

Merit-Based Scholarships: Every admitted student will automatically be considered for a merit-based scholarship. There are no additional steps or applications to complete. Information on whether you have received a scholarship and the amount of your scholarship, if you have received one, will be communicated through email after your admission. It may take up to one month (and in some cases a bit longer) after your admission to receive scholarship notification.

regatsrj

Bronze

Post by regatsrj » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Kretzy wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
maggiebre wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:So anyone actually think we will get Financial Aid stuff today?
I'm not counting on it, but sure hope so.
Me too! Someone should call and ask Financial Aid. I just tried to call and they connected me three times and it went straight to some guys voicemail so I gave up

PS: I dont understand why they told everyone on the chat last friday..?
I had a dream last night that I was hand-delivered my financial aid offer from UofC. It was quite large.
Size queen

lawyering

Bronze

Post by lawyering » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:45 pm

maggiebre wrote:
Except that they explicitly promised it by last week.
Additionally, Chicago was the only school with the ridiculous Feb. 1 NeedAccess deadline. Given that most people only got their W-2s 1-3 days prior to that, and we were required to give both our and our parents' tax information, I do not understand what Chicago was thinking.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:42 pm

regatsrj wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
I had a dream last night that I was hand-delivered my financial aid offer from UofC. It was quite large.
Size queen
Look at it this way. Stanford is my Ryan Reynolds. It's going to take something incredibly impressive from the other men hollering my way (UofC, Columbia, Boalt) to pull my from his big, strong arms.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

psychomohel

Bronze

Post by psychomohel » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Any update on financial aid?

natalie123

Bronze

Post by natalie123 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:20 pm

haven't heard a thing

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:22 pm

natalie123 wrote:haven't heard a thing
Same.

jimmyd11011

New

Post by jimmyd11011 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 am

Never mind. Had to cancel.
Last edited by jimmyd11011 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 am

jimmyd11011 wrote:Has anybody been to one of their "Day In The Life" programs and seen how dressed up people got? The girls in this picture are dressed way more formally than I imagine the event would be, but I don't want to feel like an under-dressed jackass.
I really doubt that most people attending will be that dressed up. We can't even be sure those girls are visitors, they may be Chicago students at some event. I think I'll be going with business casual to be safe (emphasis on casual though), but jeans are probably fine too.

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:38 am

jimmyd11011 wrote:Has anybody been to one of their "Day In The Life" programs and seen how dressed up people got? The girls in this picture are dressed way more formally than I imagine the event would be, but I don't want to feel like an under-dressed jackass.
I went and wore a suit, but my attitude was that it was a weekday and I should wear whatever I would have worn to work that day. All of the guys were wearing suits, IIRC. Girls were generally business-casual. One girl wore jeans and big hipster Nikes and she looked like a total jackass. Don't be that girl.

Just remember that all of the administrators you're going to be meeting with are at work. They'll be dressy (some were in suits), so it's courteous to at least be in the same ballpark.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Dear Chicago:

Stop emailing me about online chats unless you are going to tell me my financial aid award during said chat.

Smooches,
Kretzy

Fancy Pants

Bronze

Post by Fancy Pants » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Kretzy wrote:Dear Chicago:

Stop emailing me about online chats unless you are going to tell me my financial aid award during said chat.

Smooches,
Kretzy
++++++++++1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”