Loyola - New Orleans 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ezekiel 25:17

New

Re: Loyola - New Orleans 2010

Post by Ezekiel 25:17 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:21 am

Anyone on TLS attending Loyola New Orleans? When are you guys looking to move to NOLA?

cwatts

New

Post by cwatts » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:22 am

Any news on the waitlist? I spoke with admissions this week and they said they would be looking at the list "soon."

TonyDigital

Bronze

Post by TonyDigital » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:08 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Anyone on TLS attending Loyola New Orleans? When are you guys looking to move to NOLA?
I will be. Plan on going this weekend to look at places to live and plan on making the move August 1st. You?

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Post by SpencerPratt » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:55 pm

I received an email yesterday informing me of new housing options for law students. I was WL'd a while back, so I decided to check my status checker, and I was admitted 6/7/10. No call, no email, no letter, no nothing. I've already made plans to attend SMU, so hopefully my spot will go to one of y'all. GL.

captainmichael

New

Post by captainmichael » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:53 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:I received an email yesterday informing me of new housing options for law students. I was WL'd a while back, so I decided to check my status checker, and I was admitted 6/7/10. No call, no email, no letter, no nothing. I've already made plans to attend SMU, so hopefully my spot will go to one of y'all. GL.
Thanks, I hope so too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

captainmichael

New

Post by captainmichael » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:16 pm

I'M IN! I'M IN! I'M IN!

Been on the Waitlist since December 14th. Such a relief!

amclane

New

Post by amclane » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 pm

captainmichael wrote:I'M IN! I'M IN! I'M IN!

Congrats!!!!!!!

New

Post by Ezekiel 25:17 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:01 am

Congrats!

New

Post by Ezekiel 25:17 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:21 am

TonyDigital wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Anyone on TLS attending Loyola New Orleans? When are you guys looking to move to NOLA?
I will be. Plan on going this weekend to look at places to live and plan on making the move August 1st. You?
I'll probably move down the first week of August. I've already started looking at places on craigslist though. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to go down to NOLA beforehand so any info you can post about the city, the school or the neighborhoods around the law school would be greatly appreciated!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TonyDigital

Bronze

Post by TonyDigital » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:57 am

See u in a couple of months!

hecometsoon

New

Post by hecometsoon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Just got accepted to Loyola New Orleans class of 2010. Problem is, i have also been accepted to WSU 2010 class. Need help making a choice between the 2. Whichever choice i make, i plan to transfer after first year. Please help me in this decision process.

hecometsoon

New

Post by hecometsoon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:17 pm

WSU vs. Loyola New Orleans, which is better for someone looking to transfer out after first year.

captainmichael

New

Post by captainmichael » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:47 pm

hecometsoon wrote:WSU vs. Loyola New Orleans, which is better for someone looking to transfer out after first year.
Go to WSU, save Loyola for someone committed to Louisiana.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TonyDigital

Bronze

Post by TonyDigital » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

hecometsoon wrote:WSU vs. Loyola New Orleans, which is better for someone looking to transfer out after first year.
What is WSU? And honestly, it seems you obviously don't want to be at Loyola or whatever WSU is...i think it'd be easier to study and up your LSAT score to increase your chances of getting accepted where ever it is you'd like to attend versus placing top 10-15% in your class and transferring.

captainmichael

New

Post by captainmichael » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:23 pm

For those who have been accepted, have you received anything besides an acceptance letter, a checklist, and medical forms from Loyola. I keep waiting to get more information in the mail, but I never get anything.

Also, what do you think they want the passport-sized photo for?

TonyDigital

Bronze

Post by TonyDigital » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:35 am

captainmichael wrote:For those who have been accepted, have you received anything besides an acceptance letter, a checklist, and medical forms from Loyola. I keep waiting to get more information in the mail, but I never get anything.

I just received my schedule and a form to sign and return by July 20th to confirm my seat in the class for the final time. Definitely call the office to check on this form because they said if they didn't receive this form back from me then i would lose my seat.

And don't worry about the photo...it's just something for them to keep in their files, sort of a profile photo for their records. Not sure if they'll use it for school IDs though, that seems like a possibility.

captainmichael

New

Post by captainmichael » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:47 pm

TonyDigital wrote:
captainmichael wrote:For those who have been accepted, have you received anything besides an acceptance letter, a checklist, and medical forms from Loyola. I keep waiting to get more information in the mail, but I never get anything.

I just received my schedule and a form to sign and return by July 20th to confirm my seat in the class for the final time. Definitely call the office to check on this form because they said if they didn't receive this form back from me then i would lose my seat.

And don't worry about the photo...it's just something for them to keep in their files, sort of a profile photo for their records. Not sure if they'll use it for school IDs though, that seems like a possibility.
I got that email too. Will take care of all loose ends this week, and confirm with them that they received them.

We are taking freshman directory photos during orientation according to the schedule, so I have no idea what the "passport sized photo" is for. I imagine I could just take it at home and email it to them.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TonyDigital

Bronze

Post by TonyDigital » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 am

captainmichael wrote:I got that email too. Will take care of all loose ends this week, and confirm with them that they received them.

We are taking freshman directory photos during orientation according to the schedule, so I have no idea what the "passport sized photo" is for. I imagine I could just take it at home and email it to them.
That's what I did. I took a photo at work and just cropped the picture and sent it in...actually, that's what they told me to do. And maybe it's a common thing because a friend of mine that is going to Temple told me she had to do the same thing.

You ready for everything to hit high gear and start?

captainmichael

New

Post by captainmichael » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 pm

TonyDigital wrote:
captainmichael wrote: You ready for everything to hit high gear and start?
Yep!

captainmichael

New

Post by captainmichael » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:18 pm

One more month everyone!

captainmichael

New

Post by captainmichael » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Called admissions today wondering when I'd be getting my LORA account and email. Doesn't sound like it'll be anytime soon.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:35 pm

whats the best cellular service in NOLA?

captainmichael

New

Post by captainmichael » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Headybrah wrote:whats the best cellular service in NOLA?
Depends on you ask. I have AT&T and rarely have trouble. I've never had another provider.

TonyDigital

Bronze

Post by TonyDigital » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Headybrah wrote:whats the best cellular service in NOLA?
I don't live in NO yet but I've been down to visit lately and haven't had problems that I remember with my Sprint phone. I'm probably going to switch to an iPhone after my contract is up tho so I'm glad captainmichael isn't having problems with AT&T either.

Merhpe

New

Post by Merhpe » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:17 am

rgucsb wrote:Good luck to all those on the wait list, I withdrew a couple of months ago
Have faith, even if your #'s are a bit low

I got in with a $12,000 per year scholarship

3.4/147

out of curiosity, are you URM? I'm just trying to weigh my odds...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”