University of South Carolina!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mytwocents

Re: University of South Carolina!

Postby mytwocents » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:41 pm

LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:
eandy wrote:Maybe it is just me, but I think that Charleston is way overrated. Greenville, on the other hand, is awesome.

The lack of status checker at South Carolina makes me sad :(

and don't make the mistake of calling more than once in a week. The yenta admissions lady basically told me my chance for admissions to the law school were hurt because I called twice in one week. What a skeeza! Carolina beats Kentucky in basketball and now their sheep dung don't smell?

Wait, what? So you might get dinged for your persistence? Or they just prefer students that don't give a shit? -1, South Carolina.

Postby 02092010 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 am

sarlis wrote:
tallywhacker wrote:I'm an out of stater. My scholly info was basically 60%. It went down after the first year if I remember correctly, but then again I guess they assume that you would hav attained residency. Anyways, the school was a black hole until all of a sudden the letter came in.

I was glad to hear back from them. S. Car is a really pretty state but, for I'd like to work in some International capacity and I'm guessing S Car isn't going to fast track me that way.

scholly info came for you?!

Wow I just read this haha. Sorry for riling you up Sarlis. I was mistaken, I must have been TLSing drunk or something. I have not received any scholarship information from South Car, that 60% comment was from another school. Point being I'm an idiot, but I'll keep y'all posted if I really do hear again from S. Car

jeeptiger09

Postby jeeptiger09 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:23 am

LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:
eandy wrote:Maybe it is just me, but I think that Charleston is way overrated. Greenville, on the other hand, is awesome.

and don't make the mistake of calling more than once in a week. The yenta admissions lady basically told me my chance for admissions to the law school were hurt because I called twice in one week. What a skeeza! Carolina beats Kentucky in basketball and now their sheep dung don't smell?

+1 I also got a stern lecture from a woman who said she "just remembered talking to me." I corrected her and told her that I hadn't called in a month but she wasn't having any of that.

eandy

Postby eandy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:30 am

Last edited by eandy on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Generic20101L

Postby Generic20101L » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:53 am

ram jam wrote:Wow! One page!

I applied to UScarolina in October, and still no response. My numbers are well above median. If you have heard from USC, when did you go ccomplete, etc?

I am median LSAT, and a full point under median for GPA, I applied in early November/Late October, and got in yesterday.

anonymous5042

Postby anonymous5042 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:54 am

Generic, you're name is about as original as mine.

Creativity just isn't our thing haha.

Generic20101L

Postby Generic20101L » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:26 am

anonymous5042 wrote:Generic, you're name is about as original as mine.

Creativity just isn't our thing haha.

Ha ha.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:41 am

tallywhacker wrote:
sarlis wrote:
tallywhacker wrote:I'm an out of stater. My scholly info was basically 60%. It went down after the first year if I remember correctly, but then again I guess they assume that you would hav attained residency. Anyways, the school was a black hole until all of a sudden the letter came in.

I was glad to hear back from them. S. Car is a really pretty state but, for I'd like to work in some International capacity and I'm guessing S Car isn't going to fast track me that way.

scholly info came for you?!

Wow I just read this haha. Sorry for riling you up Sarlis. I was mistaken, I must have been TLSing drunk or something. I have not received any scholarship information from South Car, that 60% comment was from another school. Point being I'm an idiot, but I'll keep y'all posted if I really do hear again from S. Car

hahaha no worries; drunk TLSing is always fun

LSAT! Nooooooooo!

Postby LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:17 pm

jeeptiger09 wrote:
LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:

+1 I also got a stern lecture from a woman who said she "just remembered talking to me." I corrected her and told her that I hadn't called in a month but she wasn't having any of that.

Yeah, it's called:
GET AN F-ING ONLINE STATUS CHECKER LADY!!!!!
No offense to anyone here, but if this is any indication of "a.) their philosophy on technology" or "b.) how they treat us lowly students" then I now understand how they got their athletics nick name.

Un-FREAKING-believable...

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:39 pm

jeeptiger09 wrote:
LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:

That would be a huge turnoff. Last year an Ole Miss law student from SC told me really horrible things about their law school admissions office; guess they were right.

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:47 pm

redacted

but seriously, I see adcom as a recruitment effort. i want you to want me, USCarolina

bmcinto

Postby bmcinto » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where to possibly look for a place to live if I did choose to attend UofSC? I am not too familiar with Columbia but know general areas.

I am looking for a very affordable place that would be safe for me to live alone. Also, I would love a quiet place. I live downtown in a city right now and I am tired of hearing people's car bass as they drive past my apartment. I would like to avoid the typical undergraduate place to live as well.

PM if you have any suggestions!

eandy

Postby eandy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:47 pm

For those interested, I got an acceptance letter today. It was dated 2/11. I went complete 2/3.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Went complete Jan 12... still not a peep from Deliverance's Law School, though.

billaboy12

Postby billaboy12 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:14 pm

got my acceptance letter today.

complete 2/1
letter marked 2/3

didn't receive it until today, but that's probably because I missed all mail due to the snow in dc

ram jam

Postby ram jam » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:40 am

eandy wrote:Wow. I was thinking about calling because it took me about ten days to go complete. I am glad that I didn't.

I called last week.The lady I spoke with was polite and mannered, as you would expect from South Carolina, and she informed me that my application had just gone under review within the past week. I went complete on 1/15.

ram jam

Postby ram jam » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 am

billaboy12 wrote:got my acceptance letter today.

complete 2/1
letter marked 2/3

didn't receive it until today, but that's probably because I missed all mail due to the snow in dc

Congrats... Numbers?

billaboy12

Postby billaboy12 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:45 am

thanks! 163, 3.39, oos

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 am

you guys will post when scholarship info comes out, right?

minkins

Postby minkins » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 am

I got in about 2 weeks ago and the letter said that I was eligible for a merit scholarship, which are decided in March. No other details though!

bstrunk

Postby bstrunk » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Got a letter from South Carolina today. It was a small thin envelop, and I was just sure that it was a reject/waitlist. It was from the Financial Aid Office, saying that I hadn't been accepted yet to any degree granting program. So I'm still waiting.

LSAT! Nooooooooo!

Postby LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:56 pm

bstrunk wrote:Got a letter from South Carolina today. It was a small thin envelop, and I was just sure that it was a reject/waitlist. It was from the Financial Aid Office, saying that I hadn't been accepted yet to any degree granting program. So I'm still waiting.

These guys are such douches. That admissions office was rude to me AGAIN when I called. It will be the LAST time I speak with anyone at that college for the REST OF MY LIFE! Sorry, but if I was to choose from tier 3 (Stetson/Michigan State) OR this school- I'm going to the tier 3's on the rise, not the tier two's on the decline.

I know why these guys call themselve "the Cocks" now.

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

bstrunk wrote:Got a letter from South Carolina today. It was a small thin envelop, and I was just sure that it was a reject/waitlist. It was from the Financial Aid Office, saying that I hadn't been accepted yet to any degree granting program. So I'm still waiting.

My acceptance letter from USC was in a small, thin envelope! I thought for sure it was WL/R too. So you never know..

jeeptiger09

Postby jeeptiger09 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:23 pm

LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:These guys are such douches. That admissions office was rude to me AGAIN when I called.

+1, I withdrew without ever getting a decision. And SC I hope you enjoyed your 2 minutes of fame after beating us in basketball, because you're back to being irrelevant in the college sports world now.

soullesswonder

Postby soullesswonder » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:00 pm

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”