What's up with Arizona State (ASU)?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pugalicious

Re: What's up with Arizona State (ASU)?

Postby pugalicious » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:37 pm

April 15th is the deadline for deposits on the schools that have accepted me. Thanks anyway, messenger : )

Is it rude to call and ask or will that hurt me/annoy people? (Also, do I have the guts to call and ask about my decision???!)

Maybe I should go into ultra-confrontational mode and just drive up there! Then, if they say I'm rejected, at least I can head over to Mill (mental note...do this at around 4 pm for Happy Hour...)

mepg

Postby mepg » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:44 pm

pugalicious wrote:April 15th is the deadline for deposits on the schools that have accepted me. Thanks anyway, messenger : )

Is it rude to call and ask or will that hurt me/annoy people? (Also, do I have the guts to call and ask about my decision???!)

Maybe I should go into ultra-confrontational mode and just drive up there! Then, if they say I'm rejected, at least I can head over to Mill (mental note...do this at around 4 pm for Happy Hour...)

It isn't rude at all to call. If Kathy has a decision, she will give it to you. She is the nicest woman; don't be scared.

pugalicious

Postby pugalicious » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:48 pm

Thank you! I'm not scared of her exactly, more just scared of the awkwardness of having someone say aloud the already-awkward "We regret that we could not accept everyone. We had an influx of applications this year..." speech.

aIvin adams

Postby aIvin adams » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:25 am

mepg wrote:
pugalicious wrote:April 15th is the deadline for deposits on the schools that have accepted me. Thanks anyway, messenger : )

It isn't rude at all to call. If Kathy has a decision, she will give it to you. She is the nicest woman; don't be scared.

credited use of the superlative.

everytime i called she acted like i was the only student who had ever called her. she made the process a lot easier for me.

also agree with the characterization on previous pages of dean soto as nice and 'straight-shooting.'

the demeanor of these two staff persons makes me feel even luckier to be going to asu.

kaya_belly

Postby kaya_belly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:34 pm

Glad to hear that the goal is to get all decisions out by April 15th. At least there is an end in sight. I am getting a little tired of having anxiety attacks as the mailman approaches my house.

And I am too chicken to actually call; it would just add insult to injury to have to hear that news over the phone.

Good luck to everyone still playing the fun waiting game. Congrats to those who were accepted!

AngelAuthor

Postby AngelAuthor » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:18 pm

kaya_belly wrote:And I am too chicken to actually call;

I kinda feel the same way. I'm glad at least I know now that a decision will be reached by the 15th (I'm betting I get WL).

jahallc

Postby jahallc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:33 pm

I know someone had already mentioned this earlier, but I did call Kathy today at the Office of Admissions. She said they are still on track to have all of the decisions completed by April 15th. I hope so because I really want to go to ASU, but I have to pay seat deposits soon. =/.

mepg

Postby mepg » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Hang in there everyone. I remember how stressful the decisions were last year (My first decision was in December and my last in May). For those of you who don't want to call, you got always send over an email and Kathy will answer. I hope I will be seeing a lot of you around campus next year!

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:35 am

AngelAuthor wrote:

I kinda feel the same way. I'm glad at least I know now that a decision will be reached by the 15th (I'm betting I get WL).

I called. I was so nervous, and right when she answered, my dog started barking at something outside....AGHHH!!!!

She was really nice though. First she said she could only tell me whether or not anything has been mailed. But when she looked up my file she told me that a decision hadn't been made yet. That was about two weeks ago. Too gunnerish to call back on Monday? :)

pugalicious

Postby pugalicious » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:49 am

quickquestionthanks wrote:
AngelAuthor wrote:

I called. I was so nervous, and right when she answered, my dog started barking at something outside....AGHHH!!!!

She was really nice though. First she said she could only tell me whether or not anything has been mailed. But when she looked up my file she told me that a decision hadn't been made yet. That was about two weeks ago. Too gunnerish to call back on Monday? :)

I'm calling on Monday then; you've inspired me! (Plus, the fact that I won't have to learn I've been reject over the phone makes it OK :). Anyone know if they take Cesar Chavez Day off? I work in the Phoenix High School District and we do (not that there's a connection other than "public school")...I guess we will find out when we call!

aIvin adams

Postby aIvin adams » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:32 am

AngelAuthor wrote:

on the day i learned about my decision, i called at least 3 times. kathy was so nice-- i think she assumed i had a severe neurotic disability and was therefore extra nice.

also emailed the dean after i read in the acceptance letter that he will meet with you one-on-one. emailed me back same day (at 2 am technically) confirming that he would meet with me. awesome.

good luck everyone-- hope you get the letters in the mail you desire 8) asu law seems like an awesome school. im not 100% sure im going to law school, but if i can im very grateful that it will be asu (i still need to convince my wife to choose me going to law school over tiled floor, track lighting, saving for mortgages, having health insurance, and eating nutritional food)

(...if im successful i will put it on my resume and try to get a 1L summer job working w a trial lawyer! :lol: )

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:22 am

aIvin adams wrote:
AngelAuthor wrote:

on the day i learned about my decision, i called at least 3 times. kathy was so nice-- i think she assumed i had a severe neurotic disability and was therefore extra nice.

also emailed the dean after i read in the acceptance letter that he will meet with you one-on-one. emailed me back same day (at 2 am technically) confirming that he would meet with me. awesome.

good luck everyone-- hope you get the letters in the mail you desire 8) asu law seems like an awesome school. im not 100% sure im going to law school, but if i can im very grateful that it will be asu (i still need to convince my wife to choose me going to law school over tiled floor, track lighting, saving for mortgages, having health insurance, and eating nutritional food)

(...if im successful i will put it on my resume and try to get a 1L summer job working w a trial lawyer! :lol: )

Don't forget, health insurance is the law now.

kaya_belly

Postby kaya_belly » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:46 pm

After practically jumping my mailman in the front yard, I decided to just call down there. Kathy was SUPER nice; she obviously didn't think it was any big deal.

There still hasn't been a decision yet, but she did say that they intend to have all decisions mailed by April 15th. It's going to be a fun couple weeks!

AngelAuthor

Postby AngelAuthor » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:40 pm

All right, y'all bold types have inspired me. Today (Saturday) after looking anxiously in the mailbox again and getting insult added to injury by not only having NOTHING in there, but having just a stupid little postcard advertisement, I will call her on Monday and ask if a decision has been reached in my case.

Since I've been held over, I think, actually, that it's a good thing that I haven't heard yet and they're coming close to being finished. I mean, being held kind of puts me in a line, doesn't it? And if spots fill up and there's no more room at my level in line, they would have rejected me and let me know already... So far, I must have been holding up against all the regular decisions they're going through...right?

At least that's my thinking on the matter. Could be wrong.

AngelAuthor

Postby AngelAuthor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Just called. completely as expected - no decision has been reached yet for me which I'm still taking as a good sign (see above). She assured me that decisions are going out on a regular basis and they are on track to be done by the 15th. So we'll all be out of our misery in 2 1/2 weeks.

Relientkate

Postby Relientkate » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:22 pm

In 3/29/10 15:30 MST via e-mail!

162/3.73 Non-URM AZ Resident

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:28 pm

This fucking school really takes its sweet ass time. Still waiting.

primusux

Postby primusux » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:43 pm

IN today

atfarmer

Postby atfarmer » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Just got an acceptance email today about 5:30 central

atfarmer

Postby atfarmer » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:17 pm

The blackboard site ASU has set up is really nice. There's lots of good information posted up there.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 am

atfarmer wrote:Just got an acceptance email today about 5:30 central

Relientkate wrote:In 3/29/10 15:30 MST via e-mail!

162/3.73 Non-URM AZ Resident

primusux wrote:IN today

You guys mind telling us when you applied? When you went complete? I'm getting a little nervous as this is a top choice.

atfarmer

Postby atfarmer » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:59 am

I think I applied on 2/15 and went complete the following day (I love it when law schools accept everything digitally)

pepsi

Postby pepsi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:58 am

Who is the contact at ASU for scholarship negotiation?

msbeautifulbasham

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm officially pledging myself to Arizona State! Very excited to be a Sun Devil! :D :D

msbeautifulbasham

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm linking to another TLS post.

Please help Pepsi with his decision on ASU/UA. Only 5 people have voted so far, and I think we all have some good feedback to share.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112773

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”