What's up with Arizona State (ASU)? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pugalicious

Bronze

Re: What's up with Arizona State (ASU)?

Post by pugalicious » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Just got same email. So....we're faux-waitlisted... ?

I think I've read all of this thread - no one has ACTUALLY been waitlisted, right?

tsub

New

Post by tsub » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:24 pm

keg411 wrote:ASU sent me an e-mail saying that they weren't done reviewing me, but that they were still interested in me. Which is a change from schools asking me to express my interest. My guess on the outcome? Another freakin' WL.
I got that too. It's so nice of them to wait so long before telling us anything. It's like they want us to go to other schools or something.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Same here. I was hoping it was because I called yesterday...guess not :(

Any chance they're doing it because of the TLS backlash??

Usernamepassword

New

Post by Usernamepassword » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Well i didn't get an email.... Good news or bad? I hope to find out soon.

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:39 pm

tsub wrote:
keg411 wrote:ASU sent me an e-mail saying that they weren't done reviewing me, but that they were still interested in me. Which is a change from schools asking me to express my interest. My guess on the outcome? Another freakin' WL.
I got that too. It's so nice of them to wait so long before telling us anything. It's like they want us to go to other schools or something.
Same e-mail for me. They are the only school I'm still waiting to hear from. So glad I applied early... :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:Same here. I was hoping it was because I called yesterday...guess not :(

Any chance they're doing it because of the TLS backlash??
lol no. on a related note:
7. Can you give a brief description of the life cycle of an application? What's the timeline applicants should expect?

Once the application is completed, it is sent to review and, depending on the amount of review needed and the number of reviewers warranted, the decision can be issued within two to three weeks, or it can take several months, especially in the case of the waitlisted applicants.
http://www.usnews.com/education/best-la ... l?PageNr=2

Izzle13

New

Post by Izzle13 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:01 pm

tsub wrote:
FWIW, I visited yesterday and the student who gave me a tour said when she applied she got no decision at all until July when they let her know she was accepted.

Krones

New

Post by Krones » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Usernamepassword wrote:Well i didn't get an email.... Good news or bad? I hope to find out soon.
I didn't get the email later. On the bright side, every frustrating day that goes by without hearing anything makes it a little easier to accept the rejection I think is coming.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 am

Got an email saying they have been busy reviewing applicants. Said I should get a decision in two weeks. We will see what happens I guess.

Likely a waitlist/hold. I got waitlisted at Arizona so I would expect the same at ASU. However I have been outright rejected by schools not ranked as high as either one of these schools. Admissions can be interesting.
Last edited by darknightbegins on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:08 am

Krones wrote:
Usernamepassword wrote:Well i didn't get an email.... Good news or bad? I hope to find out soon.
I didn't get the email later. On the bright side, every frustrating day that goes by without hearing anything makes it a little easier to accept the rejection I think is coming.

Have you called the office (recently)?

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:19 am

Attention someone recently accepted via phone:

How long did it take to find out about scholarship information? Were you informed of one by phone or did information come in the mail?

They said I would hear back sometime this coming week, but I have to deposit at another school by the 30th.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:41 am

Thanks for that video TLS. I feel better about being faux-waitlisted by ASU now.

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:25 am

quickquestionthanks wrote:Attention someone recently accepted via phone:

How long did it take to find out about scholarship information? Were you informed of one by phone or did information come in the mail?
Dean Soto called me on Monday night and said I would have my package in the mail at the end of the week.

I went into the office on Wednesday just to get information on outside scholarships, they made it clear then (somewhat misunderstanding the purpose of my visit) that they had told me my package wouldn't arrive until the end of the week. I got the distinct impression that my package wasn't even ready then.

On Friday I got the big, fat package in the mail...the letter was dated the day before.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:19 am

AngelAuthor wrote:
quickquestionthanks wrote:Attention someone recently accepted via phone:

Dean Soto called me on Monday night and said I would have my package in the mail at the end of the week.

I went into the office on Wednesday just to get information on outside scholarships, they made it clear then (somewhat misunderstanding the purpose of my visit) that they had told me my package wouldn't arrive until the end of the week. I got the distinct impression that my package wasn't even ready then.

On Friday I got the big, fat package in the mail...the letter was dated the day before.
Thanks! I deposited at SD. I guess I'll just lose my deposit.

I don't know why, but that story reminds me of a time when at a Jewish deli in New York, my friend asked for "butter substitute" (why he couldn't just say margarine, I'll never know) and the eldery waiter misheard him and took a very stern tone and informed him that it was "a kosher establishment" and that butter was not served.

j32f

New

Post by j32f » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Quickquestion, I talked to Dean Soto on the phone the other day about scholarship info, and it sounded like they're running outta cash. Even without the scholarship though, I've decided to go to ASU. Talking with their admissions staff has been impressive. Out of all the schools I've applied to, they've been the most personable. It's nice being settled on a decision. I'm looking forward to meeting y'all next year! :D

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Sun May 02, 2010 12:43 am

I'm guessing no one heard anything this week?

Izzle13

New

Post by Izzle13 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:21 am

quickquestionthanks wrote:I'm guessing no one heard anything this week?
Nada. I've given up on ASU. Don't have time for the ridiculous pseudo-waitlist.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Sun May 02, 2010 1:56 am

Just hold out a little longer, they just need to sort through the deposits from the recent deadline.

I withdrew with 35k. I hope it makes it to those still waiting.

j32f

New

Post by j32f » Sun May 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Here's to hoping some of that comes our way. OOS tuition the first year is gonna be rough.

JayLenoSucks

New

Post by JayLenoSucks » Mon May 03, 2010 12:09 am

I was accepted over the phone on thursday, so hope is not lost. I applied only a few days before the deadline so maybe that's why it took so long.

I found my way to this site hoping a current student at ASU would be taking questions like all the other school's threads that have tons of posts to aid my decision making process. I guess I can't expect much from Tempe Normal students, hah (re-read this sentence and it's just a joke guys, coming from a UA grad).

pugalicious

Bronze

Post by pugalicious » Mon May 03, 2010 1:24 am

Ok, pseudo-waitlisters, only 5 more days until the next inevitable email telling us to wait some more : ) Perhaps we should start another thread: "schools I fell in love with and ultimately chose while waiting for ASU". It'll be like that Sandra Bullock movie While You Were Sleeping.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Indecision2010

New

Post by Indecision2010 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:53 pm

Just FYI: I got my acceptance binder on Friday, April 30. I didn't get a call (that I know of).

This is all after getting that quasi-waitlist email a week or so ago. I applied in October; so, it's about time!

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Mon May 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Well congrats to the recent additions to the school. If you accept, I look forward to meeting you on orientation weekend in August!

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Mon May 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Indecision2010 wrote:Just FYI: I got my acceptance binder on Friday, April 30. I didn't get a call (that I know of).

This is all after getting that quasi-waitlist email a week or so ago. I applied in October; so, it's about time!

are u in az?

Indecision2010

New

Post by Indecision2010 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:15 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:
Indecision2010 wrote:Just FYI: I got my acceptance binder on Friday, April 30. I didn't get a call (that I know of).

are u in az?
Yeah, it went to my parents' house in AZ.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”