What's up with Arizona State (ASU)? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Midnight Rider

New

Re: What's up with Arizona State (ASU)?

Post by Midnight Rider » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:31 pm

dexyloo wrote:the student advisor was calling names out of a big fat book on the phone, congratulating people and offering services. Thing is - all the people in that book have already gotten their letter. It was a big book. Very intimidating to a person who hasn't gotten their letter yet.
My tan is already fading in anticipation of a WL or a Ding...c'mon ASU...i want you...to want me...

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:50 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:
msbeautifulbasham wrote:Finally got my acceptance binder. This thing is a wealth of information. Definitely gives ASU some serious bonus points in my mind!
Ms. Beautiful...? :D
:)
Last edited by msbeautifulbasham on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:52 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 11-ON.html

Board of Regents approved the steep tuition spike! I want to know how this will affect the law school!!

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:57 pm

dexyloo wrote:Well, I was standing in the admission office at ASU this morning and the student advisor was calling names out of a big fat book on the phone, congratulating people and offering services. Thing is - all the people in that book have already gotten their letter. It was a big book. Very intimidating to a person who hasn't gotten their letter yet.

I am a 1L student rep. I hope you enjoyed your day at ASU. The big binder does have the names of those accepted and who have gotten their packets. They are coming out in batches; it looks like around a batch a week (I think we were on the 3-4th batch for calling today). I should have counted, but I would estimate 40-50 in a batch (keep in mind 700 or so will be accepted to fill the class so don't worry too much.) Things are a bit slow but are getting done. Please don't hesitate to ask me questions about the school.

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 pm

aIvin adams wrote:
msbeautifulbasham wrote:by the way, whos planning on attending ASW April 8-9?
is this something you get invited to after you are accepted..? :oops:
It is the admitted students program. The info is in the acceptance packet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beardown_tho

New

Post by beardown_tho » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:00 am

in as of today. i like the binder, but i don't like the full tuition/$20k/$10k scholarship. i guess if i were out of state the appeal of getting in-state tuition after a year might mean something, but i am in state already. we'll see.

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:06 am

aIvin adams wrote:
bleedcubbieblue wrote:I called the admissions office today and was informed that a decision letter was mailed out yesterday (3/10). My app was sent on 12/28. I am in state with GPA <25% and LSAT >75%, I hope it's good news.
good luck!

you can call and give yer name? i called once bc my boss asked me to and the lady, while very polite, was not informative. hopefully i am accepted, study hard, and have good role models and then when i call people i wont take 'no' for an answer :)
You can call Kathy, and she will check. If the decision has been made, she will tell you.

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:02 am

mepg - thanks for the answers!!
beardown_tho wrote:in as of today. i like the binder, but i don't like the full tuition/$20k/$10k scholarship. i guess if i were out of state the appeal of getting in-state tuition after a year might mean something, but i am in state already. we'll see.
congrats!! thats a great scholarship tho-- seems like that's one of the highest i've seen so far. i hope you choose asu :)

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:09 pm

beardown_tho wrote:in as of today. i like the binder, but i don't like the full tuition/$20k/$10k scholarship. i guess if i were out of state the appeal of getting in-state tuition after a year might mean something, but i am in state already. we'll see.
That seems like a pretty good deal to me. Especially since that 20 for the second year is basically full tuition at in-state rates currently anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:13 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 11-ON.html

Board of Regents approved the steep tuition spike! I want to know how this will affect the law school!!
Yeah, I'm currently an undergrad at ASU in my last semester and I heard this on the radio last night. It's something I've been giving serious consideration to when looking at law schools. ASU is a public institution, and the state of Arizona is in seriously deep "California-style" budget trouble. They have a history of passing on their financial woes to the universities over the last several years, so I'm expecting that if I go to ASU law, my tuition is going to see some severe spikes over the three years I'm there.

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:30 pm

AngelAuthor wrote:

Yeah, I'm currently an undergrad at ASU in my last semester and I heard this on the radio last night. It's something I've been giving serious consideration to when looking at law schools. ASU is a public institution, and the state of Arizona is in seriously deep "California-style" budget trouble. They have a history of passing on their financial woes to the universities over the last several years, so I'm expecting that if I go to ASU law, my tuition is going to see some severe spikes over the three years I'm there.
It's out of control. Incoming undergraduate freshman at ASU for 2010-11 will pay 30% more than the 2009-10 entering class did! Yikes! Now, I'm curious how much the law school will increase...

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 pm

received an acceptance packet in the mail today! 20k first year, 15k second. I actually withdrew earlier this week, so I hope it all goes to one of you :D Good luck!

beardown_tho

New

Post by beardown_tho » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:10 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
AngelAuthor wrote:

It's out of control. Incoming undergraduate freshman at ASU for 2010-11 will pay 30% more than the 2009-10 entering class did! Yikes! Now, I'm curious how much the law school will increase...
article 11, section 6 of the arizona constitution:

The university and all other state educational institutions shall be open to students of both sexes, and the instruction furnished shall be as nearly free as possible

mmhmmmm, sure it will be

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dgsaudio

New

Post by dgsaudio » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Got my packet today as well. 15K first year scholarship. Is it hot in Tempe during the summer?? 8)

bleedcubbieblue

Bronze

Post by bleedcubbieblue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Does ASU send rejections and/or waitlists via snail mail or only via email? I know they were sending out some deferred emails and I'm hoping they are only accepting people via snail mail because the lady in admissions said that a letter was sent on Monday.

bleedcubbieblue

Bronze

Post by bleedcubbieblue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:24 pm

crossing fingers...

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:39 pm

bleedcubbieblue wrote:crossing fingers...
Ahh nerve-wracking! Good luck!! :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:41 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
AngelAuthor wrote:

I will let you all know if I hear anything on tuition (I have been waiting for the news on this). I will say that at least the AZ schools are far cheaper than the UC schools.

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:45 pm

aIvin adams wrote:mepg - thanks for the answers!!
congrats!! thats a great scholarship tho-- seems like that's one of the highest i've seen so far. i hope you choose asu :)
Glad to help! FYI our spring break is next week so the Student Ambassadors and Kathy will not be in the office. The Admissions staff will still be there, but I don't know if it will be a bit harder to get your call answered.

bleedcubbieblue

Bronze

Post by bleedcubbieblue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:52 pm

MEPG, do you have any information on the question I posted above?

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:33 pm

Does anyone know how to RSVP to the admitted students' program? The packet says to do it online, but I don't know where online. Thanks, friends!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:38 pm

dgsaudio wrote:Got my packet today as well. 15K first year scholarship. Is it hot in Tempe during the summer?? 8)
Between June to September Tempe will experience temperatures no lower than 90 all the way up to around 110. People say you get used to the heat. I think that's a lie. You never get used to it. You just learn to suffer better, which is why I'm gung-ho to move out of this state ASAP.

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:08 pm

AngelAuthor wrote:
dgsaudio wrote:Got my packet today as well. 15K first year scholarship. Is it hot in Tempe during the summer?? 8)
Between June to September Tempe will experience temperatures no lower than 90 all the way up to around 110. People say you get used to the heat. I think that's a lie. You never get used to it. You just learn to suffer better, which is why I'm gung-ho to move out of this state ASAP.
Hotter than hell. I've been here for 20 years, and I've never gotten used to the heat.

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:58 pm

bleedcubbieblue wrote:MEPG, do you have any information on the question I posted above?
I only know that the acceptance is mailed out as a binder. I wish I could be of more help.

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:00 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:Does anyone know how to RSVP to the admitted students' program? The packet says to do it online, but I don't know where online. Thanks, friends!
Remind me to ask next week. By chance, is there any information in the packet about an admitted students Blackboard website?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”