What's up with Arizona State (ASU)? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MSUPHL

Bronze

Re: What's up with Arizona State (ASU)?

Post by MSUPHL » Tue May 11, 2010 2:29 pm

just make me feel a little bit more confident in my decision to attend ASU law :

--LinkRemoved--

vijemi

New

Post by vijemi » Tue May 11, 2010 2:32 pm

i have yet to hear back either so we'll just keep waiting...

whiteacre

New

Post by whiteacre » Tue May 11, 2010 4:41 pm

p
Last edited by whiteacre on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

pugalicious

Bronze

Post by pugalicious » Tue May 11, 2010 5:46 pm

whiteacre wrote:No joke, this thing was going on directly across from the law school mere hours before finals started. You could hear the music and see the women (and cocktails) from inside the library. Talk about adding insult to injury while you are grinding away at 11:00 at night.

One more day...almost there now...
MSUPHL wrote:just make me feel a little bit more confident in my decision to attend ASU law :

--LinkRemoved--
Doesn't EVERY university have an undie run?

whiteacre

New

Post by whiteacre » Tue May 11, 2010 6:29 pm

pugalicious wrote:
whiteacre wrote:No joke, this thing was going on directly across from the law school mere hours before finals started. You could hear the music and see the women (and cocktails) from inside the library. Talk about adding insult to injury while you are grinding away at 11:00 at night.

MSUPHL wrote:just make me feel a little bit more confident in my decision to attend ASU law :

--LinkRemoved--
Not with girls who look like that...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Indecision2010

New

Post by Indecision2010 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:43 pm

--LinkRemoved--
Wouldn't be an ASU thread without pictures of half naked girls.... :roll:

MSUPHL

Bronze

Post by MSUPHL » Tue May 11, 2010 7:20 pm

pugalicious wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
I go to Michigan State - a big party school in its own right - and I have never heard of such a thing. But, perhaps, that is because it is currently about 50 degrees and raining :oops: Cant wait for 'Zona's weather at the very least. 8)

pre-law

New

Post by pre-law » Tue May 11, 2010 9:04 pm

MSUPHL wrote:
pugalicious wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
I go to Michigan State - a big party school in its own right - and I have never heard of such a thing. But, perhaps, that is because it is currently about 50 degrees and raining :oops: Cant wait for 'Zona's weather at the very least. 8)
Go Michigan State!!!!!! MSUPHL, what do you think of the new uniforms?

MSUPHL

Bronze

Post by MSUPHL » Tue May 11, 2010 9:13 pm

not a huge fan, but we change every year anyways. The rumor is that Nike wants to turn us into another Oregon in that we get like new jerseys every game. Well, at least for BBall....

But, I am excited to see our football team develop over the next 3-5 years with Dantonio's players. I think that our 3L year we should be competing for a Rose Bowl, and a competing for a Citrus bowl the next 2 yrs...and of course in BBall its N'atl champ or bust next year.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Tue May 11, 2010 9:43 pm

pugalicious wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
We had that at UCSC : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Rain

Except some people even forgo the undies. You can Google it, but half the links are probably NSFW. :mrgreen:

pre-law

New

Post by pre-law » Wed May 12, 2010 3:08 pm

MSUPHL wrote:

not a huge fan, but we change every year anyways. The rumor is that Nike wants to turn us into another Oregon in that we get like new jerseys every game. Well, at least for BBall....

But, I am excited to see our football team develop over the next 3-5 years with Dantonio's players. I think that our 3L year we should be competing for a Rose Bowl, and a competing for a Citrus bowl the next 2 yrs...and of course in BBall its N'atl champ or bust next year.
I'm a huge Michigan State fan (both my parents went there and I was raised from day 1 to support the Green and White). I agree its National Championship or bust this year for Tom Izzo. We have a ton of experience returning and some legit talent coming in (Payne and Appling). I love Izzo, I think he'll get it done this year.

Dantonio has done a good job recruiting. Now he needs to translate that into consistent success on the field. I agree at the least, we should be competing for the Citrus Bowl over the next few years.

SEJ

New

Post by SEJ » Wed May 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I too recieved the email a couple weeks ago saying ASU would have a decision by Friday May 7th. I still have not heard anything. I applied back in January!! I called ASU monday, and Kathy said my file was still "in review" but that there should be a decision on it by this Friday. I'm curious, what are everyone's stats who is waiting like I am? I am wondering if we are mostly gpa/lsat splitters. any theories? I'm a 158/3.66.
I have a Masters degree, would rather not say in what to remain anon online. I am waitlisted at the U of Arizona, in at Seattle U, was accepted at Case Western but withdrew...waitlisted at U of Houston and USD.
Good luck everyone !

pugalicious

Bronze

Post by pugalicious » Wed May 12, 2010 9:53 pm

So...came home today to find a little slip in my mailbox: package from ASU at the post office (too bad it was 5:05!) !!!! Acceptance???!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Wed May 12, 2010 10:00 pm

SEJ wrote:Hi! I'm new to the forum. I too recieved the email a couple weeks ago saying ASU would have a decision by Friday May 7th. I still have not heard anything. I applied back in January!! I called ASU monday, and Kathy said my file was still "in review" but that there should be a decision on it by this Friday. I'm curious, what are everyone's stats who is waiting like I am? I am wondering if we are mostly gpa/lsat splitters. any theories? I'm a 158/3.66.
I have a Masters degree, would rather not say in what to remain anon online. I am waitlisted at the U of Arizona, in at Seattle U, was accepted at Case Western but withdrew...waitlisted at U of Houston and USD.
Good luck everyone !
Our numbers are relatively the same and I too have a Master's degree. Got waitlisted at Univeristy of Arizona as well. Expect a waitlist from ASU.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Wed May 12, 2010 10:04 pm

--LinkRemoved--

That's going to be your daughter one day. Sleep well ;)

Don't recall if I posted already, but, withdrew with large scholarship. Good luck all!

SEJ

New

Post by SEJ » Wed May 12, 2010 10:14 pm

I bet it is an acceptance! :) Good luck!

tsub

New

Post by tsub » Wed May 12, 2010 10:51 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
SEJ wrote:Hi! I'm new to the forum. I too recieved the email a couple weeks ago saying ASU would have a decision by Friday May 7th. I still have not heard anything. I applied back in January!! I called ASU monday, and Kathy said my file was still "in review" but that there should be a decision on it by this Friday. I'm curious, what are everyone's stats who is waiting like I am? I am wondering if we are mostly gpa/lsat splitters. any theories? I'm a 158/3.66.
Good luck everyone !
Our numbers are relatively the same and I too have a Master's degree. Got waitlisted at Univeristy of Arizona as well. Expect a waitlist from ASU.
My numbers are almost identical, and I too have a Masters degree. WL at U of Arizona too. Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Wed May 12, 2010 11:03 pm

pugalicious wrote:So...came home today to find a little slip in my mailbox: package from ASU at the post office (too bad it was 5:05!) !!!! Acceptance???!!!

Nice job! It's gotta be an acceptance. What else?

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Wed May 12, 2010 11:38 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:
pugalicious wrote:So...came home today to find a little slip in my mailbox: package from ASU at the post office (too bad it was 5:05!) !!!! Acceptance???!!!

Nice job! It's gotta be an acceptance. What else?
Definitely.

They send a pretty big binder. The postage on it is like 7 or 8 bucks.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Thu May 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Officially got my waitlist today. Finally ASU! I will be withdrawing. ASU, for me, isn't a good enough school to let them jerk me around for the rest of the summer. Good luck to everyone else though!

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Thu May 13, 2010 4:59 pm

darknightbegins wrote:Officially got my waitlist today. Finally ASU! I will be withdrawing. ASU, for me, isn't a good enough school to let them jerk me around for the rest of the summer. Good luck to everyone else though!

That sucks dude. Would've been cool to have at least one basketball savvy classmate (not that I'm getting in...).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Thu May 13, 2010 5:55 pm

I'll tell you what man if you do get in I'd go. The women there alone are enough of a reason.

tsub

New

Post by tsub » Thu May 13, 2010 9:29 pm

Waitlist too. I think that if I would have been accepted, I wouldn't be as bitter. I can't help but feel a little disrespected; they are pretty damn close to responding at the 6 month mark since I submitted my app. Thankfully I didn't have all my eggs in one basket. Congrats to everyone that got admitted.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Thu May 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Accept, waitlist, reject doesn't make me bitter. It happens. It is how long it took to notify that makes me bitter. Better schools than ASU were able to notify me of a waitlist as well as a reject months before ASU did. No real excuse for how long it took.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Fri May 14, 2010 1:25 am

I applied so late in the cycle and took so long getting my LORs in that I'm not in a position to feel bitter about the wait, but 6 months is insane. And we've heard that they can take that long for acceptances too. It boggles the mind and seems like a terrible strategy.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”