What's up with Arizona State (ASU)? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aIvin adams

Bronze

Re: What's up with Arizona State (ASU)?

Post by aIvin adams » Fri May 14, 2010 4:01 am

quickquestionthanks wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:Officially got my waitlist today. Finally ASU! I will be withdrawing. ASU, for me, isn't a good enough school to let them jerk me around for the rest of the summer. Good luck to everyone else though!

That sucks dude. Would've been cool to have at least one basketball savvy classmate (not that I'm getting in...).
i will dunk on you if you get in. unacceptable slight

vijemi

New

Post by vijemi » Fri May 14, 2010 5:34 pm

WL'D via e-mail sent 2:00PM pacific.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Fri May 14, 2010 5:36 pm

aIvin adams wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:Officially got my waitlist today. Finally ASU! I will be withdrawing. ASU, for me, isn't a good enough school to let them jerk me around for the rest of the summer. Good luck to everyone else though!

That sucks dude. Would've been cool to have at least one basketball savvy classmate (not that I'm getting in...).
i will dunk on you if you get in. unacceptable slight
HA! My bad.

You can dunk on me only if you can reach over this 5'11'' frame.

bug

New

Post by bug » Mon May 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Waitlisted today via email. October LSAT, here I come.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Tue May 18, 2010 1:59 pm

To those who have received acceptance binders, do they arrive via US Mail or via Fedex/UPS?

To those with good numbers who haven't been WLed or rejected yet, what are you guys thinking?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Tue May 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Acceptance binder came via USPS. Postage cost about 7 or 8 dollars - pricey.

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Wed May 19, 2010 3:24 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:To those who have received acceptance binders, do they arrive via US Mail or via Fedex/UPS?

To those with good numbers who haven't been WLed or rejected yet, what are you guys thinking?
Binder came in the good ole-fashioned mail. I live on ASU's Poly campus and we have all those small square mailboxes, so the mailman (mailperson?) had to give us the keys to one of the larger package boxes for my binder. If you live in a house with a regular-sized mailbox, I suspect he'll leave it on your doorstep or knock and try to hand it to you in person.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Thu May 20, 2010 6:49 pm

AngelAuthor wrote:
quickquestionthanks wrote:To those who have received acceptance binders, do they arrive via US Mail or via Fedex/UPS?

Binder came in the good ole-fashioned mail. I live on ASU's Poly campus and we have all those small square mailboxes, so the mailman (mailperson?) had to give us the keys to one of the larger package boxes for my binder. If you live in a house with a regular-sized mailbox, I suspect he'll leave it on your doorstep or knock and try to hand it to you in person.
Came back from the gym today to find an acceptance binder, woot woot!

Man I was waiting by the door for the past two weeks like a dog waiting for his owner to come home. Here's to hoping they consider me an in-state student. Damn that 3 month LA internship!

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Thu May 20, 2010 7:13 pm

AngelAuthor wrote:

Came back from the gym today to find an acceptance binder, woot woot!

Man I was waiting by the door for the past two weeks like a dog waiting for his owner to come home. Here's to hoping they consider me an in-state student. Damn that 3 month LA internship!
congrats!!! don't look up - yer in ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

j32f

New

Post by j32f » Thu May 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Congrats on the acceptance man!

nonamebreakdown

New

Post by nonamebreakdown » Fri May 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Got my acceptance binder today. I'm out of town so I haven't seen it yet and I'm not sure if they are offering any money. If not I'll probably withdraw since I've already started making plans to attend Davis. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

sintacs

New

Post by sintacs » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 am

Has anyone who was put on the official waitlist heard back from ASU at all? Does anyone here know when the 2nd seat deposit is due for ASU?

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:59 am

sintacs wrote:Has anyone who was put on the official waitlist heard back from ASU at all? Does anyone here know when the 2nd seat deposit is due for ASU?
whoa! i dont know the answer to yer questions aannnnd i didnt even know there was a 2nd seat deposit :D woops.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:48 pm

I don't think we have a 2nd seat deposit at ASU.

sundevil77

Bronze

Post by sundevil77 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Just wanted to say that I emailed an official withdraw to the admissions office about two or three weeks ago. I was accepted and given a scholarship a long while back. The acceptance letter said I had to notify admissions of my decision by the end of April/first week of May, I believe. I let the deadline lapse and figured that that was a sufficient for withdrawal.

However, as a current ASU student with an ASU student home page, I noticed that "Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law" continued to show up whenever I logged in to the school's site, and it continued to give me an option to accept the scholarship. I didn't know if this was some technical error or if the school had yet to process my withdrawal (they never sent me a withdrawal notice). So, I finally sent in an official withdrawal. The school has yet to acknowledge the email, and the College of Law information continues to show up on my student login.

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:13 am

sundevil77 wrote:Just wanted to say that I emailed an official withdraw to the admissions office about two or three weeks ago. I was accepted and given a scholarship a long while back. The acceptance letter said I had to notify admissions of my decision by the end of April/first week of May, I believe. I let the deadline lapse and figured that that was a sufficient for withdrawal.

However, as a current ASU student with an ASU student home page, I noticed that "Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law" continued to show up whenever I logged in to the school's site, and it continued to give me an option to accept the scholarship. I didn't know if this was some technical error or if the school had yet to process my withdrawal (they never sent me a withdrawal notice). So, I finally sent in an official withdrawal. The school has yet to acknowledge the email, and the College of Law information continues to show up on my student login.
come then

sundevil77

Bronze

Post by sundevil77 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:19 pm

aIvin adams wrote:
sundevil77 wrote:Just wanted to say that I emailed an official withdraw to the admissions office about two or three weeks ago. I was accepted and given a scholarship a long while back. The acceptance letter said I had to notify admissions of my decision by the end of April/first week of May, I believe. I let the deadline lapse and figured that that was a sufficient for withdrawal.

come then
Double enroll at ASU and UofA? Now that would be something!

I'm going to follow up on the email because I want to make sure a waitlister actually receives/has already received the spot.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:39 pm

The people who handle MyASU are messed up in the head, I'm having similar issues getting a 2nd undergrad degree REMOVED from MyASU so that my Law School acceptance will show up in there (it's being overridden). I've called, written e-mails, everything I've been told to do...MULTIPLE TIMES...since April, and they still haven't gotten their act together. I actually had to call the Law School earlier this week to verify that I was still admitted and expected this fall. They're all good over there, fortunately.

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:29 am

This entire forum has become dead... Anything interesting going on in anyone's lives? Maybe that's it. Interesting things going on = no mas TLS...

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:This entire forum has become dead... Anything interesting going on in anyone's lives? Maybe that's it. Interesting things going on = no mas TLS...
when you decided not to go to asu everything went dead. its not too late to change yer mind

and even if it is, just come to asu.

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Just admitted as a transfer student today. I know this might be in the wrong forum (believe me I already posted in the Transfers forum) but needless to say I am thrilled after the drama I went through last summer being on ASU's waitlist!

**Edit: Also FWIW the purpose of this post is not to taunt those who are on the waitlist but is instead meant to motivate those that are on the waitlist that it is possible to get into ASU as a transfer even if you were a waitlist candidate. If you end up going elsewhere but would like to be at ASU, work hard, do your best, and give it a shot next summer!
Last edited by studebaker07 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:19 am

studebaker07 wrote:Just admitted as a transfer student today. I know this might be in the wrong forum (believe me I already posted in the Transfers forum) but needless to say I am thrilled after the drama I went through last summer being on ASU's waitlist!
congrats!! :D

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:41 pm

aIvin adams wrote:
AsexualChocolate wrote:This entire forum has become dead... Anything interesting going on in anyone's lives? Maybe that's it. Interesting things going on = no mas TLS...
when you decided not to go to asu everything went dead. its not too late to change yer mind

and even if it is, just come to asu.
Haha. If Dirk comes to Phoenix, I'll consider staying. Even then, I'm sure Shelli Soto would have a pretty hardy "eff off" for me...

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:52 am

sanpiero wrote:
studebaker07 wrote:Just admitted as a transfer student today. I know this might be in the wrong forum (believe me I already posted in the Transfers forum) but needless to say I am thrilled after the drama I went through last summer being on ASU's waitlist!
congrats!! :D
Thanks! It feels great to be admitted to by dream school. :D

politichick

New

Post by politichick » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Applied to ASU in November and now (finally) on waitlist. So glad to have discovered this forum to see I wasn't alone in the waiting game. Has anyone been accepted off of WL? Any idea if/when they'll draw from list? I'd call today to ask, but don't think they'll be open.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”