What's up with Arizona State (ASU)? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Re: What's up with Arizona State (ASU)?

Post by AsexualChocolate » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33 pm

AngelAuthor wrote:Just got a call back from Kathy this morning - STILL NO DECISION.

Grrr... I asked her if people who were held over for RD have been receiving decisions and she wasn't sure but she said she thinks they have been. I'm still going to take that as a good sign then. 11 days of agony left, people. Let's just hold it together.
I called in again today to the same response. "There has been no decision made to date, but we are hoping to get the majority of applications reviewed by April 15." I'm just hoping I'm in the majority at this point...

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:32 am

AsexualChocolate wrote:
AngelAuthor wrote:Just got a call back from Kathy this morning - STILL NO DECISION.

Grrr... I asked her if people who were held over for RD have been receiving decisions and she wasn't sure but she said she thinks they have been. I'm still going to take that as a good sign then. 11 days of agony left, people. Let's just hold it together.
I called in again today to the same response. "There has been no decision made to date, but we are hoping to get the majority of applications reviewed by April 15." I'm just hoping I'm in the majority at this point...
I can't believe you are still waiting. Hang in there, buddy!

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:05 am

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
AsexualChocolate wrote:

I can't believe you are still waiting. Hang in there, buddy!
Yeah, so much for EA...

pugalicious

Bronze

Post by pugalicious » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 am

I called today and no one answered. Awesome.

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:14 am

pugalicious wrote:I called today and no one answered. Awesome.
They were on the other line with me. Didn't want to click over cuz they said you call too much. Something about being stalkerish... :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pre-law

New

Post by pre-law » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:48 am

Just received an email from ASU's dean of admissions notifying me of my admission. I applied in early January. 3.6 GPA, 161 LSAT.

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:44 am

pre-law wrote:Just received an email from ASU's dean of admissions notifying me of my admission. I applied in early January. 3.6 GPA, 161 LSAT.
YAYYYYYYYYY!!! Congratulations!!

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:03 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
pre-law wrote:Just received an email from ASU's dean of admissions notifying me of my admission. I applied in early January. 3.6 GPA, 161 LSAT.
YAYYYYYYYYY!!! Congratulations!!
get any scholy info yet?

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm

I wonder why Kathy repeatedly tells us that the decisions are coming in the mail when all these people keep getting e-mail notices??

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:29 pm

AngelAuthor wrote:
I wonder why Kathy repeatedly tells us that the decisions are coming in the mail when all these people keep getting e-mail notices??
My guess is so people can come to ASW.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:37 pm

mepg wrote:
AngelAuthor wrote:

My guess is so she can tell you that your decision is in the mail if it's a "no." And if it's a yes, you'll have received your email by then.
Did you really get your email at like 12:45am AZ time? I had an SCU person respond to an email at 9:30pm, and thought that was late, but boy, those ASU folks must be working hard.

kaya_belly

New

Post by kaya_belly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:53 pm

AngelAuthor wrote:
I am wondering about this as well. As someone else said, I imagine that they want to let as many accepted people know before ASW. So now, not only will I be tackling my mailman, but I will also be checking my email every five seconds. Good times.

pepsi

New

Post by pepsi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 pm

What are you guys wearing to the ASU students weekend?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:41 pm

mepg wrote:
AngelAuthor wrote:

That's what I was thinking as well. It just sucks cuz that knowledge interferes with the excitement of speeding home after work to check the mail only to be overwhelmingly disappointed that I still haven't received anything yet...

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 pm

pepsi wrote:What are you guys wearing to the ASU students weekend?
Coon skin cap, eye patch, and flip flops with socks. You?

pepsi

New

Post by pepsi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:53 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:
I was thinking khakis and a button-up, but now I will have to re-think my plans. I don't want to look out of place :)

kaya_belly

New

Post by kaya_belly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 pm

I will be wearing the huge, obnoxious sign that says, "ADMIT ME!"

And maybe a hat....I think it's going to be a stupid 90 degrees later this week.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:
You headed to ASW asexual? Have you heard from ASU yet?

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:47 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
AsexualChocolate wrote:
Haven't heard anything yet, but my work is standing-by in case I have to call in sick Friday...

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:42 am

AsexualChocolate wrote:
msbeautifulbasham wrote:
AsexualChocolate wrote:
Haven't heard anything yet, but my work is standing-by in case I have to call in sick Friday...
if i were an exceptional applicant i would make my enrollment conditional on yer acceptance. but, im not an exceptional applicant and.. i obviously wouldnt do that anyway.

i just wanted to seem supportive. which eye do you wear the eyepatch on? i want to be able to tell if you were accepted by friday.

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:57 am

Eyepatch goes on the left. Always the left. But whether or not that's your left or mine, I haven't decided yet.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:26 am

AsexualChocolate wrote:Eyepatch goes on the left. Always the left. But whether or not that's your left or mine, I haven't decided yet.
cool! ill be the one staring uncomfortably at yer presumed deformity.

good luck and hang loose

Usernamepassword

New

Post by Usernamepassword » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Still no news?? Anybody? I still haven't gotten an email or anything so I'm still waiting!!! If it were any other school I would have withdrawn due to the LOOOOONG wait. But ASU....I want you. I need you. PLEAAAAASE.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm

I still have no news yet. I got waitlisted at Arizona but that school didn't mail me the waitlist until last week. Regardless I am going to LSU student day this weekend. If I get into ASU I'll definetly have to consider that against LSU but the fact that LSU has gotten back to me in such a timely manner and invited me to a cocktail party at the Law School Chancellor's house certainly helps its case. I love Phoneix but ASU is making it harder and harder for me to justify taking them over LSU.

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Usernamepassword wrote:Still no news?? Anybody? I still haven't gotten an email or anything so I'm still waiting!!! If it were any other school I would have withdrawn due to the LOOOOONG wait. But ASU....I want you. I need you. PLEAAAAASE.

nothing. I applied before thanksgiving.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”