What's up with Arizona State (ASU)? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sundance1

New

Re: What's up with Arizona State (ASU)?

Post by Sundance1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:59 pm

I am older too, and have lived here for several years. Even if Tempe does not prove to be what you want, there are some great neighborhoods downtown and in the surrounding areas that I think you would like. Lots of restaurants and neighborhood spots to walk to.

Midnight Rider wrote:
sundevil77 wrote:This is helping solidify my decision NOT to go to ASU. I'm currently in my 4th year there and I kind of want to go somewhere new.
As someone who has never stayed in Phoenix/Tempe for more than a business trip, am I going to have a decent life as a grown ass man living in Tempe near the school? I enjoy a collegiate atmosphere, having gone to a big Southern school, but I know if I went back where I went to UG this many years later, I'd feel old for the town. I know that the metro area is huge, but is the Tempe corner of it good for slightly immature grown folks?

Asilkman

New

Post by Asilkman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Krones wrote:
Asilkman wrote:Hmm...last weekday of January tomorrow. I imagine adcomms are probably not going to be in on Saturday or Sunday so who wants to bet EA decisions get pushed to February?
I guess I'm not so much upset about the likelihood of not hearing anything today. I'm just disappointed that they haven't even sent out an email telling everyone there would be a delay. I guess they still have a few more hours...
I agree with you. I'm not too upset if decisions get pushed either but some type of notification would be appreciated if that's the case (especially with no status checker). I'll be watching the mail today and tomorrow regardless. From LSN sounds like a lot people were notified through snail mail. I'm not sure if that was universal but reading a few profiles made it sound like that's how people were notified in January last year.

samer

Bronze

Post by samer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:32 pm

My friend who is a 1L at ASU facebooked me this morning. She was in the admissions office this morning and she said that they are beginning to send out admissions binders. She couldn't tell me whether I was a recipient or not, but it looks like we can hear back soon!

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:55 pm

wow EAs havent found out yet? i wonder if i will really have to wait until may..

i told my boss i would be able to let him know soon whether i'd be leaving or not..

ugh. im going to be working at abercrombie and fitch next year.

if im lucky..

Sundance1

New

Post by Sundance1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:14 pm

samer wrote:My friend who is a 1L at ASU facebooked me this morning. She was in the admissions office this morning and she said that they are beginning to send out admissions binders. She couldn't tell me whether I was a recipient or not, but it looks like we can hear back soon!
That is great news - I hope! did she have any scoop on if today was the first day they mailed? Or if they were going to do any phone calls? or emails?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Asilkman

New

Post by Asilkman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm

samer wrote:My friend who is a 1L at ASU facebooked me this morning. She was in the admissions office this morning and she said that they are beginning to send out admissions binders. She couldn't tell me whether I was a recipient or not, but it looks like we can hear back soon!

Nice! Thanks for the information.

samer

Bronze

Post by samer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Sundance1 wrote:
That is great news - I hope! did she have any scoop on if today was the first day they mailed? Or if they were going to do any phone calls? or emails?
She doesn't actually work in the admissions office, she had had to go their for part of her job. As soon as she saw the admissions binders getting packaged she rushed to let me know. It doesn't look like they'll do phone calls or emails, but that's just speculation. Good luck to everyone and I hope we get good news soon!

fallguy

New

Post by fallguy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:27 pm

In with $. Came snail mail.

Padimud

Bronze

Post by Padimud » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:40 pm

fallguy wrote:In with $. Came snail mail.
That's huge. You have to give us more than that. Where are you from? Numbers?

You are the first acceptance registered on TLS. Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fallguy

New

Post by fallguy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:45 pm

Padimud wrote:

they mailed it to my mom's place in Phoenix, which is probably why it's
one of the first. Numbers: 164, 3.5. Did my undergrad there and went away to texas for an MA.

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:53 pm

cooooooooooooooooool

wakahaka

New

Post by wakahaka » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:31 pm

fallguy wrote:
Padimud wrote:

one of the first. Numbers: 164, 3.5. Did my undergrad there and went away to texas for an MA.
Congrats! I'm curious if you did ED or regular. Also, do you mind sharing specifics on your scholly info?

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 pm

wakahaka wrote:
Congrats! I'm curious if you did ED or regular. Also, do you mind sharing specifics on your scholly info?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fallguy

New

Post by fallguy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:57 pm

wakahaka wrote:
fallguy wrote:
Padimud wrote:

ED. It looks like they're offering $15,000 for just the first year. Essentially giving me an in-state deal. Not sure though. I am our library's basement exchanging email
with my mom using my iPod. I won't have all of the info for a while.

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:07 pm

I am thinking the mid-may thing is a disclaimer and probably reserved for waitlisted apps more than anything. I bet normal admission offers start rolling in a month.

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Last edited by AsexualChocolate on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sundance1

New

Post by Sundance1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:23 pm

In. Binder today. Hooray!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Sundance1

New

Post by Sundance1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 pm

thank you! i hopew you get good news. :)

samer

Bronze

Post by samer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Sundance1 wrote:

thank you! i hopew you get good news. :)
Thank you and congrats!

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:18 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:My girlfriend had a big pkg (other than mine :roll: ) on her doorstep this afternoon. In at ASU, full ride first two years and half ride last year (must remain in good standing). She's a 3.9 (NAU) and 167.

I got nothin...yet. Both of us EA.

wow!! congrats to yer gf. keepr status. you can just coast thru and get a job servin snowcones 20 hrs/wk while she buys you shoes.

good luck to you too see ya next year (i hope)

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:49 pm

samer wrote:
Sundance1 wrote:
She doesn't actually work in the admissions office, she had had to go their for part of her job. As soon as she saw the admissions binders getting packaged she rushed to let me know. It doesn't look like they'll do phone calls or emails, but that's just speculation. Good luck to everyone and I hope we get good news soon!
Hi All:
I am the ASU 1L. I let samer know about the packets going out (after going through this last year I wanted to keep TLS posted). I volunteer in admissions once a week, and binders were being mailed out (the accepted packets include binders). I am not sure if more had gone out, but the ambassadors have been prepped for the admitted student procedure. I would assume that the acceptances will steadily continue. Again, let me know if you have any questions regarding ASU and good luck!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Whoa! Get out of my head!
Last edited by AsexualChocolate on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:30 pm

mepg wrote:
samer wrote:
Sundance1 wrote:
Hi All:
I am the ASU 1L. I let samer know about the packets going out (after going through this last year I wanted to keep TLS posted). I volunteer in admissions once a week, and binders were being mailed out (the accepted packets include binders). I am not sure if more had gone out, but the ambassadors have been prepped for the admitted student procedure. I would assume that the acceptances will steadily continue. Again, let me know if you have any questions regarding ASU and good luck!
thx mang. keep an eye out for a binder that says 'aIvin adams.'

thats not my name but it would be neat.

i have a lot of questions about asu law in general, but i cant pick just one and this prolly isnt the right thread.

any other asu threads on this forum..?

Padimud

Bronze

Post by Padimud » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:27 pm

Yesterday received an interesting offer. Full ride first year (non-resident), then $15K second year, with no mention of a third year scholarship. Really? That makes no sense. Happy despite the confusion.

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Padimud wrote:Yesterday received an interesting offer. Full ride first year (non-resident), then $15K second year, with no mention of a third year scholarship. Really? That makes no sense. Happy despite the confusion.
congrats! thats cool even if there's no third year scholarship (i assume by then you'll at least have residency). wtg and let us know when you figure out what the deal is. also let us know how communication is with the financial people :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”