What's up with Arizona State (ASU)? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Re: What's up with Arizona State (ASU)?

Post by AsexualChocolate » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:48 pm

politichick wrote:Applied to ASU in November and now (finally) on waitlist. So glad to have discovered this forum to see I wasn't alone in the waiting game. Has anyone been accepted off of WL? Any idea if/when they'll draw from list? I'd call today to ask, but don't think they'll be open.
What are your numbers?

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 am

AsexualChocolate wrote:
politichick wrote:Applied to ASU in November and now (finally) on waitlist. So glad to have discovered this forum to see I wasn't alone in the waiting game. Has anyone been accepted off of WL? Any idea if/when they'll draw from list? I'd call today to ask, but don't think they'll be open.
What are your numbers?
a/s/l

bug

New

Post by bug » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:32 pm

studebaker07 wrote:Just admitted as a transfer student today. I know this might be in the wrong forum (believe me I already posted in the Transfers forum) but needless to say I am thrilled after the drama I went through last summer being on ASU's waitlist!

**Edit: Also FWIW the purpose of this post is not to taunt those who are on the waitlist but is instead meant to motivate those that are on the waitlist that it is possible to get into ASU as a transfer even if you were a waitlist candidate. If you end up going elsewhere but would like to be at ASU, work hard, do your best, and give it a shot next summer!
Would you mind sharing the school from which you transferred?

Thanks and congratulations.

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 pm

bug wrote:
studebaker07 wrote:Just admitted as a transfer student today. I know this might be in the wrong forum (believe me I already posted in the Transfers forum) but needless to say I am thrilled after the drama I went through last summer being on ASU's waitlist!

**Edit: Also FWIW the purpose of this post is not to taunt those who are on the waitlist but is instead meant to motivate those that are on the waitlist that it is possible to get into ASU as a transfer even if you were a waitlist candidate. If you end up going elsewhere but would like to be at ASU, work hard, do your best, and give it a shot next summer!
Would you mind sharing the school from which you transferred?

Thanks and congratulations.
I think he already posted the name of the school elsewhere on here... Clue: You could rollerblade (shirtless with bike shorts) from ASU to the school from which he transferred. Still not gettin it? Clue 2: It rhymes with Penis Drool of Flaw.

politichick

New

Post by politichick » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:33 pm

aIvin adams wrote:
AsexualChocolate wrote:
What are your numbers?
a/s/l
Numbers are 3.8/153. As for "a/s/l", with all due respect, why is that relevant? I wasn't aware this was a dating site.

FWIW, I just called the admissions office and they stated they expect to be drawing from WL in the next week or two. Of course theoretically they can draw any time up until orientation, but they expect more of their offers to be in the next two weeks by mail or e-mail (typically not by phone).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:46 pm

politichick wrote:
aIvin adams wrote:
AsexualChocolate wrote:
What are your numbers?
a/s/l
Numbers are 3.8/153. As for "a/s/l", with all due respect, why is that relevant? I wasn't aware this was a dating site.

FWIW, I just called the admissions office and they stated they expect to be drawing from WL in the next week or two. Of course theoretically they can draw any time up until orientation, but they expect more of their offers to be in the next two weeks by mail or e-mail (typically not by phone).
Hahaha! Despite the fact that Al is happily married, he's always looking for something on the side... Especially impressionable young OLs...

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:22 am

48/t/az here

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:26 am

To the inquiring posters earlier I transferred from Phoenix School of Law. I was in the Top-23% with a law review invite.

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:42 am

studebaker07 wrote:To the inquiring posters earlier I transferred from Phoenix School of Law. I was in the Top-23% with a law review invite.
thats awesome. i would like to hear about yer experience at Phoenix School of Law. maybe eventually you could provide some feedback comparing PSL to ASU Law?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MSUPHL

Bronze

Post by MSUPHL » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:44 am

5 weeks until orientation

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:45 am

aIvin adams wrote:48/t/az here
so you're a 48 year old transsexual? i've said it before and i'll say it again, "if i end up in phoenix, 51% of the reason will be Alvin"

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:52 am

Burgstaller04 wrote:
aIvin adams wrote:48/t/az here
so you're a 48 year old transsexual? i've said it before and i'll say it again, "if i end up in phoenix, 51% of the reason will be Alvin"
there's no better friendship than the one formed between a trannie and a trannie-lover.

also, 5 weeks??? holy cow. i am getting nervous about leaving my job. im doing better at my job and liking it more than i ever have. im also terrible at school in general and fear its quotidian rejection. also the only reason i managed to stay in school in UG was the girls and now im married/old

aghghghagh

the only thing that makes it easier is my confidence that ASU Law is a very good school.

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:18 pm

<~~~~~~~~kicking self for withdrawing application now that tranny talk is afoot

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:01 pm

aIvin adams wrote: thats awesome. i would like to hear about yer experience at Phoenix School of Law. maybe eventually you could provide some feedback comparing PSL to ASU Law?
It was okay I suppose; I mean, I got the foundational classes down. I went in wanting to transfer to ASU and I worked pretty hard from day one, but I didn't necessarily kill myself like some people I know did (these same people find themselves in the bottom-50%, ouch).

I think a comparison would definitely be a good thing to do. On the surface, there are some truly incredible offerings at ASU that PSL just can't touch: the numerous clinics, extensive upper-division course offerings, and significant alumni base. Being a new school PSL just simply cannot compete. Besides, I don't think the goal of PSL is to be as diverse in the courses it offers to students. Finally, I like how ASU wants to improve in the rankings as opposed to PSL which doesn't care one bit about them (the dean actually told me this). Moving forward, I think it was the best decision I could have possibly made.

PM me if you are interested in hearing more about PSL.

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:55 am

studebaker07 wrote:
aIvin adams wrote: thats awesome. i would like to hear about yer experience at Phoenix School of Law. maybe eventually you could provide some feedback comparing PSL to ASU Law?
It was okay I suppose; I mean, I got the foundational classes down. I went in wanting to transfer to ASU and I worked pretty hard from day one, but I didn't necessarily kill myself like some people I know did (these same people find themselves in the bottom-50%, ouch).

I think a comparison would definitely be a good thing to do. On the surface, there are some truly incredible offerings at ASU that PSL just can't touch: the numerous clinics, extensive upper-division course offerings, and significant alumni base. Being a new school PSL just simply cannot compete. Besides, I don't think the goal of PSL is to be as diverse in the courses it offers to students. Finally, I like how ASU wants to improve in the rankings as opposed to PSL which doesn't care one bit about them (the dean actually told me this). Moving forward, I think it was the best decision I could have possibly made.

I think PSL doesn't care about rankings bc the rankings formula penalizes new schools for being new. They don't stand a chance. Plus, I think there's a stigma attached to for-profit schools that hurt them in the rankings as well. I bet, in ten years, PSL will have a strong clinical program and greater course offerings and will be generally on par with ASU despite its doomed ranking. I bet PSL's classrooms will continue to smell less moldy than ASU's, and it's library will be less thin and claustrophobia-inducing too... One thing I'm sure PSL will never have however (bc they can't possibly pull it off) is good solid tranny talk. Back to that...

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 am

AsexualChocolate wrote:
studebaker07 wrote:

I think PSL doesn't care about rankings bc the rankings formula penalizes new schools for being new. They don't stand a chance. Plus, I think there's a stigma attached to for-profit schools that hurt them in the rankings as well. I bet, in ten years, PSL will have a strong clinical program and greater course offerings and will be generally on par with ASU despite its doomed ranking. I bet PSL's classrooms will continue to smell less moldy than ASU's, and it's library will be less thin and claustrophobia-inducing too... One thing I'm sure PSL will never have however (bc they can't possibly pull it off) is good solid tranny talk. Back to that...
the real issue here is -vestite or -sexual.

also interesting points about PSL from you guys. i drive by it a lot. so.. i know what it looks like pretty good. but never considered going there if i couldnt get into asu. not sure why. probably would be a good plan if i thought i could pull a transfer move like stud.

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:29 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:Clue 2: It rhymes with Penis Drool of Flaw.
Ahhh the 2nd chance choice of desperation?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:52 am

AngelAuthor wrote: Ahhh the 2nd chance choice of desperation?
Something like that. I needed to stay local for personal reasons. I think I was meant to get into ASU the first time around only there wasn't enough space left. Oh well, perhaps if I had applied earlier?

juneblume5

New

Post by juneblume5 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Has anyone gotten in off of the waitlist? Did you get a call or was it by mail? Thanks!

kickthebcket

New

Post by kickthebcket » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:49 pm

juneblume5 wrote:Has anyone gotten in off of the waitlist? Did you get a call or was it by mail? Thanks!
Yes, I know of a 159/3.9/female/caucasian who got in off the waitlist via phone call. also a univ of arizona grad

SEJ

New

Post by SEJ » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:29 pm

I was accepted off the waitlist this 7/14. I'll be attending in the fall. Dean Soto called me to let me know. I got the huge packet Friday. Good luck to everyone waiting. Looking forward to attending.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:49 am

kickthebcket wrote:
juneblume5 wrote:Has anyone gotten in off of the waitlist? Did you get a call or was it by mail? Thanks!
Yes, I know of a 159/3.9/female/caucasian who got in off the waitlist via phone call. also a univ of arizona grad
Ah ha! Now I know where all the white women at!

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:02 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:
kickthebcket wrote:
Ah ha! Now I know where all the white women at!
yah... asu.

lalalaw07

New

Post by lalalaw07 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Anyone else with me and waiting till the last min? Does anyone have an estimate on how big the waitlist is?

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:33 am

lalalaw07 wrote:Anyone else with me and waiting till the last min? Does anyone have an estimate on how big the waitlist is?

I've heard from someone who spoke with Dean Soto about two weeks ago that they have 185 commits and are looking to fill 199 spots, and that because of this, the waitlist wouldn't see much action. I guess they have more people on the fence like my friend.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”