U Arkansas (Fayetteville) 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TruffleMomma

Re: U Arkansas (Fayetteville) 2010

Postby TruffleMomma » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:07 am

Honestly, I did not get any info on my financial aid until Orientation week when I had time to go over to the office and speak with a human. There is a disconnect between the law school and the financial aid folks, both are very nice, but there is a disconnect!

Still, not all that bothersome.

doubled99

Postby doubled99 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:01 pm

So, I have never taken out student loans before, so I am now a little confused by the whole process. My scholarship was posted to my ISIS account, but no loan info.

I then went to the studentloan.gov website and filled everything out there. Is there a timeline of when I will learn more about my loans/eligibility for specific loan amounts? Is this info. given out at orientation?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to get behind on this and mess it up. Thanks for any help....

deadlast

Postby deadlast » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:54 pm

doubled99 wrote:So, I have never taken out student loans before, so I am now a little confused by the whole process. My scholarship was posted to my ISIS account, but no loan info.

I then went to the studentloan.gov website and filled everything out there. Is there a timeline of when I will learn more about my loans/eligibility for specific loan amounts? Is this info. given out at orientation?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to get behind on this and mess it up. Thanks for any help....

I was in the same boat as you, wondering what was going on with my loans, so I called the financial aid office and initially had to leave a message.

A few days later my call was returned and I talked to a financial councilor and she looked up my info. For some reason that she couldn't explain I had qualified for loans but they hadn't shown up on ISIS like they were supposed to do automatically. She quickly fixed the problem and I have since accepted my loans.

So I would just give the financial aid office a call, and if you don't get someone leave a message.

doubled99

Postby doubled99 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Sounds good. I just filled out the forms on studentloan.gov, as I'm sure you have done a little earlier than I have, so I guess it may take a little longer for everything of mine to post.

RunningFromTheLaw

Postby RunningFromTheLaw » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Hows the job outlook specifically for UA and UALR law grads? It seems to be awful everywhere else, but what's happening in our state?

doubled99

Postby doubled99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:37 am

For those out there that are going to be 2Ls at U of A, are there any books that you didn't find very helpful last semester? This is a mighty long book list and I was kind of planning on buying all new books so there wouldn't be any markings or anything....thoughts? ideas? Thanks!

doubled99

Postby doubled99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Bump

doubled99

Postby doubled99 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Anyone?

maudlinstreet

Postby maudlinstreet » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Hey guys! I'm a writer for TLS and I'm currently working on a profile on the University of Arkansas. I was wondering if one of you guys could give me a little bit more info about the index formula that the school uses for admissions. The info would be really useful and would help future prospective Razorbacks figure out what their chances are for admission.

Thanks!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”