University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lml09

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby lml09 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

TarheelHopeful wrote:Do you guys think it is worth sending in an updated resume to UNC? I got a research assistant job at the school of gov't next door (had it since January). I called to ask them directly, but I got the voicemail of some guy (probably the main desk clerk if there is one). Thoughts?

couldn't hurt, I updated my stuff last week, and if we happen to be waitlisted we will be that much ahead of everyone else who sends stuff in to update their files.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:35 pm

cao0008 wrote:Did anyone else get an e-mail offering a fee waiver and an extension to apply even though you already applied?? I got so excited when I saw an e-mail from UNC. :cry:

no! And why are they extending their deadline? They have enough applications already. :evil:

cao0008

Postby cao0008 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:37 pm

lml09 wrote:
cao0008 wrote:Did anyone else get an e-mail offering a fee waiver and an extension to apply even though you already applied?? I got so excited when I saw an e-mail from UNC. :cry:

no! And why are they extending their deadline? They have enough applications already. :evil:

Because of people who took the February LSAT late and have to wait longer to get their scores.

BlueHeel

Postby BlueHeel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:38 pm

I actually saw that they were extending their deadline yesterday when perusing their admissions site. I imagine that will add to our response time, unfortunately.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:41 pm

cao0008 wrote:
lml09 wrote:

Because of people who took the February LSAT late and have to wait longer to get their scores.

ok, well that actually sounds fair...although I still don't want any more competition. :D

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Something similar happened to me at another school. Makes you feel like, "Did you actually read my application? Or is it part of a dusty pile on a shelf, like a stack of screenplays in a Hollywood agent's office?"

If they're extending the deadline to help out kids who took the February LSAT, fair enough ... but why then would you get a fee waiver e-mail if you didn't take it, and have already applied?

For my part, I suppose we'll hear back from UNC whenever we hear back. If I'm a Supreme Court Justice by then, I'll have a clerk send them some roses.

jerzgrl630

Postby jerzgrl630 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:54 pm

ALL Feb LSAT takers have their scores and got them on Saturday. It's strange that they extended their deadline though.

LadyTarHeelian

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:22 pm

What I don't get is the fee waiver. I asked the admissions staff at UNC's Law School Exploration Day for a fee waiver and they told me they only do LSAC fee waivers...

cao0008

Postby cao0008 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:36 pm

LadyTarHeelian wrote:What I don't get is the fee waiver. I asked the admissions staff at UNC's Law School Exploration Day for a fee waiver and they told me they only do LSAC fee waivers...

Well, I actually applied with a fee waiver that they sent me in a similar e-mail earlier this year.

mps200

Postby mps200 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:43 pm

As did I...the weird thing is that I've received several of these after applying with a fee waiver

LadyTarHeelian

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:52 pm

cao0008 wrote:
LadyTarHeelian wrote:What I don't get is the fee waiver. I asked the admissions staff at UNC's Law School Exploration Day for a fee waiver and they told me they only do LSAC fee waivers...

Well, I actually applied with a fee waiver that they sent me in a similar e-mail earlier this year.

Guess she lied to me. Oh well.

gonecase

Postby gonecase » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:33 pm

ugh, this is the ONLY school I want to hear from!! And now they're extending their deadline!! WHAT are they doing?? That's it, I'm calling them
I need to know by the end of the month to figure out my life.

JuiceMan

Postby JuiceMan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:23 pm

good luck bud, let us know how it goes!

totespresh

Postby totespresh » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Currently at *wibble* *puke* mode here. Mostly a lurker, but thought I'd come say hey and share in the misery. My best friend goes to UNC and I LOVE it down there. I just want to get accepted and worry about money later. Bahh.

dailykosak

Postby dailykosak » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am

Spring Break @ UNC starts at 5PM tomorrow....here's to hoping for some good news before the 10-day hiatus.

BlueHeel

Postby BlueHeel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:59 am

Wow, SB starts tomorrow? Well if we get nothing today I can push the hold button for another two weeks I guess.

LadyTarHeelian

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 am

dailykosak wrote:Spring Break @ UNC starts at 5PM tomorrow....here's to hoping for some good news before the 10-day hiatus.

The fact that the administration might get Spring Break too never crossed my mind. Great! More time in purgatory!

manceia

Postby manceia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:36 am

Does anyone have specific knowledge that the admission office shuts down during spring break? Given the timetable with the open house coming up, it seems unlikely to me. I would think if anyone stays open, it would be admissions. They probably get their break come the fall.

adk6

Postby adk6 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:48 am

manceia wrote:Does anyone have specific knowledge that the admission office shuts down during spring break? Given the timetable with the open house coming up, it seems unlikely to me. I would think if anyone stays open, it would be admissions. They probably get their break come the fall.

UNC undergrad here. It is generally policy that administrators and staff do not take spring break. Although the law school does operate separately from the College of Arts and Sciences, it would seem odd for the adcomms to take off for a week while the chancellor, deans and all other staff continued working.

I bet we'll get a few decisions next week.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:50 am

adk6 wrote:
manceia wrote:Does anyone have specific knowledge that the admission office shuts down during spring break? Given the timetable with the open house coming up, it seems unlikely to me. I would think if anyone stays open, it would be admissions. They probably get their break come the fall.

UNC undergrad here. It is generally policy that administrators and staff do not take spring break. Although the law school does operate separately from the College of Arts and Sciences, it would seem odd for the adcomms to take off for a week while the chancellor, deans and all other staff continued working.

Yup. If the asd is March 19, I'm betting on them sending out another measurable amount of acceptances before next Friday.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 am

lml09 wrote:
adk6 wrote:

Yup. If the asd is March 19, I'm betting on them sending out another measurable amount of acceptances before next Friday.

At this point logic is out the window - it's all just wishful thinking. :cry:

lml09

Postby lml09 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

But at least wishful thinking keeps our minds off of reality. :D

I don't know what I would do without my little unc tls family!

dailykosak

Postby dailykosak » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:57 am

Staff definitely work spring break but I don't know that faculty keep their normal office hours. I can imagine some faculty on the admissions committee may not be as available over that week without having to come in to teach classes. Could be completely wrong though. What I am really hoping is that they want to get some of these applications off their desks before students leave.....always hopeful.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:12 pm

dailykosak wrote:

Staff definitely work spring break but I don't know that faculty keep their normal office hours. I can imagine some faculty on the admissions committee may not be as available over that week without having to come in to teach classes. Could be completely wrong though. What I am really hoping is that they want to get some of these applications off their desks before students leave.....always hopeful.

PERSONALLY I think spring break would be a good opportunity to make some headway on deciding on some applications...

Just sayin.

jerzgrl630

Postby jerzgrl630 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:25 pm

traehekat wrote:
At this point logic is out the window - it's all just wishful thinking. :cry:

TITCR :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”