University of North Carolina 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MarkRenton

Bronze

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:24 pm

So I think I'm snail mail safe for another day.

minkins

New

Post by minkins » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Did anyone not get a complete email? I just realized I haven't gotten anything after the "Application Received" email that was sent to me on 1/25... I'm pretty much terrified to contact anyone in the admissions office haha

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:46 pm

minkins wrote:Did anyone not get a complete email? I just realized I haven't gotten anything after the "Application Received" email that was sent to me on 1/25... I'm pretty much terrified to contact anyone in the admissions office haha
I would call them, without giving them your name, and state that you never received notice of going complete. If the lady starts yelling at you, hang up quickly. Probably best to use a pay phone so they don't link up your cell number with the app. But if she seems helpful - that's either good news or it's a trap. Proceed carefully.

dailykosak

New

Post by dailykosak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:47 pm

minkins wrote:Did anyone not get a complete email? I just realized I haven't gotten anything after the "Application Received" email that was sent to me on 1/25... I'm pretty much terrified to contact anyone in the admissions office haha
It may just me taking them a little longer to process, but given that it has been over a month I would absolutely call to make sure they have received your application and that it is complete. They sent me a "complete" email within a few days of my final letter of recommendation posting to LSAC. best of luck

...While you're at it, ask 'em when they plan to send next volley of admission letters!

juliusgirlie

New

Post by juliusgirlie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:05 pm

This what I've heard from a source who called admissions. They are going through applications alphabetically at the moment. Next wave of admits: early march. Who knows if it's actually an alphabetical process at this point... it would be interesting to know the first letters of the last names of the applicants who have recently gotten a decision. That's all I was told and thought I would share. I sent in my application mid-October and have been waiting for some good news for a very. long. time. I was WL last year and hope to god they show me some mercy this cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:09 pm

juliusgirlie wrote:This what I've heard from a source who called admissions. They are going through applications alphabetically at the moment. Next wave of admits: early march. Who knows if it's actually an alphabetical process at this point... it would be interesting to know the first letters of the last names of the applicants who have recently gotten a decision. That's all I was told and thought I would share. I sent in my application mid-October and have been waiting for some good news for a very. long. time. I was WL last year and hope to god they show me some mercy this cycle.

What great news from those of us with last names at the end of the alphabet!

For what it's worth my friends Last name started with a G

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Last name starts with a B and got my decision (acceptance -- has anybody been rejected?) February 10th. I wasn't complete until Jan 8 so this alphabetical stuff may hold some water...

edit: Although I have to admit if they are doing it alphabetically this would be the weirdest thing I've heard an admissions department do.
Last edited by lawhawk on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bitlrc

Bronze

Post by bitlrc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 pm

juliusgirlie wrote:This what I've heard from a source who called admissions. They are going through applications alphabetically at the moment. Next wave of admits: early march. Who knows if it's actually an alphabetical process at this point... it would be interesting to know the first letters of the last names of the applicants who have recently gotten a decision. That's all I was told and thought I would share. I sent in my application mid-October and have been waiting for some good news for a very. long. time. I was WL last year and hope to god they show me some mercy this cycle.
goddamnit

dailykosak

New

Post by dailykosak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:13 pm

bitlrc wrote:
goddamnit
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:15 pm

If this alphabet stuff is true I'm really glad I hurried and applied in mid October only to be royally screwed over because my last name starts with a w

BlueHeel

New

Post by BlueHeel » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:17 pm

lml09 wrote:If this alphabet stuff is true I'm really glad I hurried and applied in mid October only to be royally screwed over because my last name starts with a w

+1 (also a "w")

dailykosak

New

Post by dailykosak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:18 pm

lml09 wrote:If this alphabet stuff is true I'm really glad I hurried and applied in mid October only to be royally screwed over because my last name starts with a w

mu·ti·ny

–noun
revolt or rebellion against constituted authority, esp. by sailors against their officers....or those applying to UNC School of Law with a last name beginning with letter M-Z

jerzgrl630

Bronze

Post by jerzgrl630 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm a "U". Guess we'll be hearing by April 30????

If this rumor is true, my mind has officially be blown.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:29 pm

dailykosak wrote:

mu·ti·ny

–noun
revolt or rebellion against constituted authority, esp. by sailors against their officers....or those applying to UNC School of Law with a last name beginning with letter M-Z

I guess reviewing apps in the order they received them
in is just too fair and easy?
Last edited by lml09 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyTarHeelian

New

Post by LadyTarHeelian » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:29 pm

lml09 wrote:
dailykosak wrote:

mu·ti·ny

–noun

I guess reviewing apps in the order they received the
in is just too fair and easy?
Too logical perhaps.

juliusgirlie

New

Post by juliusgirlie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Hold up. Hold up. I wasn't' told that's how they have been reviewing since day one. Just that they were going through the remaining applications now according to alphabet. Either way, I'm an "M". Here's hoping to getting good news in the next couple of weeks.

jerzgrl630

Bronze

Post by jerzgrl630 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Seriously, my mind is BLOWN. WTF?!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JuiceMan

New

Post by JuiceMan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:41 pm

There is absolutely no way that they are considering apps alphabetically! Seriously that makes no sense, particularly if they are not doing rounds of admits anymore. If they are only sending a couple admits out at a time then they must be doing so based on an already full review of all applicants.

juliusgirlie

New

Post by juliusgirlie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:48 pm

My guess, if what I was told is at all true, is that they have reviewed everyone already, admitted the lucky *plural expletive* they considered to be the best fits, and are now going over applications again to fill the rest of the class.

The only applications that haven't been reviewed at all at this point have to be from those who applied late february. I'm guessing no one here falls into that category. So if the alphabetical junk is true, it's being done with applications that have already seen one round of review and didn't quite make the cut.

LadyTarHeelian

New

Post by LadyTarHeelian » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 pm

juliusgirlie wrote:My guess, if what I was told is at all true, is that they have reviewed everyone already, admitted the lucky *plural expletive* they considered to be the best fits, and are now going over applications again to fill the rest of the class.

The only applications that haven't been reviewed at all at this point have to be from those who applied late february. I'm guessing no one here falls into that category. So if the alphabetical junk is true, it's being done with applications that have already seen one round of review and didn't quite make the cut.
That's a good theory, however, alphabetical is still completely unfair. What if they fill the class by time they get to like M? Are N-Z just screwed because of an accident of birth? They should still consider applications in the order they were submitted in this case.

juliusgirlie

New

Post by juliusgirlie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Of course it's unfair!!! I don't like it either. It sucks all sorts of appendages. This whole process has become completely torturous. I'm totally feeling the sisyphus avatar at this point.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

blueberrymuffin

New

Post by blueberrymuffin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:55 pm

My file was complete in November, and the first letter of my last name is very near the beginning of the alphabet. i think I would have heard by now if this was the case. I only see a school going in alphabetical order if they've reached a tiny batch of stragglers and they're releasing all the decisions at once. Seems that most people are still waiting for decisions, though.

LadyTarHeelian

New

Post by LadyTarHeelian » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:59 pm

juliusgirlie wrote:Of course it's unfair!!! I don't like it either. It sucks all sorts of appendages. This whole process has become completely torturous. I'm totally feeling the sisyphus avatar at this point.
I didn't mean my comment rudely at all, if that is the way it was perceived. :) Do you think we would have a case against UNC for a violation of the 8th amendment? :P

brittainyb

New

Post by brittainyb » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:00 pm

blueberrymuffin wrote:My file was complete in November, and the first letter of my last name is very near the beginning of the alphabet. i think I would have heard by now if this was the case. I only see a school going in alphabetical order if they've reached a tiny batch of stragglers and they're releasing all the decisions at once. Seems that most people are still waiting for decisions, though.

+1

i went complete early december and my last name starts with a b

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:08 pm

If the alphabetical thing was true, then it wouldn't explain why more rejections hadn't been issued. The nature of the process seems to point to the holistic approach.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”