University of North Carolina 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FunkyJD

Silver

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Post by FunkyJD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:29 pm

destroyer wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:Sorry to hear the news, man. Best of luck with the rest of your cycle.

Remind me, y'all, does UNC notify you by e-mail and then snail mail if you're accepted, or is it all by snail mail?
Thank man, Ill probably be going to university of miami if unc doesn't work out
When you're chilling on the beach and having martinis with Coco Austin and Rita G., you won't even remember what a UNC is. It all works out in the end.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:50 pm

FunkyJD wrote: Remind me, y'all, does UNC notify you by e-mail and then snail mail if you're accepted, or is it all by snail mail?
They did both for me. Email followed by a letter.

makingasnack

New

Post by makingasnack » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:05 am

destroyer wrote:waitlisted today
Are you pretty close to the school & was the letter dated/postmarked 2/23?

If yes, I bet the rest of us still waiting in this thread can be expecting something via snail mail (since the person earlier in the thread went to UNC UG & received something postmarked 2/23 & there is another on LSN), we will just have to wait a few days depending on our geographic location. Hopefully there are some acceptances with those waitlists though!

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:26 pm

makingasnack wrote:
destroyer wrote:waitlisted today
Are you pretty close to the school & was the letter dated/postmarked 2/23?

If yes, I bet the rest of us still waiting in this thread can be expecting something via snail mail (since the person earlier in the thread went to UNC UG & received something postmarked 2/23 & there is another on LSN), we will just have to wait a few days depending on our geographic location. Hopefully there are some acceptances with those waitlists though!

Oh, goodie.... :|

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:15 am

LSATfromNC wrote:
lml09 wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:I have to say UNC sucks at recruiting potential students. Alabama offers to fly and house you, and W&L offers 300 and hotel; UNC tells me there is a parking deck near by that only cost $1.25 an hour, and that if I park in a Law School visitors spot I will most likely get a ticket. Why do I like you so much, why :lol:
Right. I went to the wake forest asd and was shocked by their friendliness and warmth. It was nice to talk to people in financial aid without being made to feel like I was pestering them. If I could only put unc's price tag on wake forest...

As far as theories, I'm leaning toward the grabbing a bunch of random apps and waitlisting/admitting them. I mean, at least with other schools you know where you stand. UNC is impossible to predict.
The odd thing is Wake is cheaper than UNC for me, and I am still slightly leaning towards UNC. All in all I think they are peer schools, possibly with Wake actually having the better program, but UNC coming out slightly ahead only due to sheer numbers of Alumni.
And location! .... UNC, any day now would be a good time to send me a decision!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BlueHeel

New

Post by BlueHeel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:05 pm

Looks like rejections are also being mailed now, according to LSN.

dailykosak

New

Post by dailykosak » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:10 pm

BlueHeel wrote:Looks like rejections are also being mailed now, according to LSN.

I saw that also. It's March 1 and I suspect letters of whatever flavor will be coming out relatively soon for most folks. Staying hopeful and watching my email. Good luck everyone.

eye

Bronze

Post by eye » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Just checking in

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 pm

So, I had a dream last night that we were all fed up with waiting and made plans to meet in chapel hill to storm the admissions office and demand emails of acceptance. Instead, after we all met up at a hotel, we threw a party and just chilled and drank. Then we all got acceptance emails.

Best tls dream ever? Yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dailykosak

New

Post by dailykosak » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:04 pm

lml09 wrote:So, I had a dream last night that we were all fed up with waiting and made plans to meet in chapel hill to storm the admissions office and demand emails of acceptance. Instead, after we all met up at a hotel, we threw a party and just chilled and drank. Then we all got acceptance emails.

Saturday night I dreamed that I received an acceptance letter from UNC.....

In the dream, I was riding in a cab with my girlfriend and opening my mail (who knows). I open a package from UNC and.....bright shining lights from heaven....it's an acceptance letter! You know how happy I was. So happy, in fact, that the thought went through my mind was "hey, that's not really my girlfriend, because this is a dream. I'd better wake up so I can tell HER"....

I woke up and the first word out of my mouth was DAMN (loud)! She sat straight up and asked what was wrong....laughed her butt off when I told her. I've had dreams that I didn't want to end. I've had dreams that ended too soon.....this was worse than all of them!

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Ugh I am getting anxious...coming home to a rejection letter tonight is a terrifying thought.

manceia

New

Post by manceia » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:51 pm

insertclevernamehere wrote:Ugh I am getting anxious...coming home to a rejection letter tonight is a terrifying thought.
I was too. I just ran home at lunch to check, and the mail was there, but there wasn't anything from UNC. For the first time in months, I was thrilled NOT to receive any mail from UNC! FWIW, I live next to the state capitol building, so I normally get mail next day from Chapel Hill. My application was complete 12/14/09 and I'm a 3.36/164 in-stater.

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:17 pm

lml09 wrote:So, I had a dream last night that we were all fed up with waiting and made plans to meet in chapel hill to storm the admissions office and demand emails of acceptance. Instead, after we all met up at a hotel, we threw a party and just chilled and drank. Then we all got acceptance emails.

Did everyone look like their avatars? Did the people without avatars look like silhouettes?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:23 pm

dailykosak wrote:
BlueHeel wrote:Looks like rejections are also being mailed now, according to LSN.

I saw that also. It's March 1 and I suspect letters of whatever flavor will be coming out relatively soon for most folks. Staying hopeful and watching my email. Good luck everyone.
I always get nervous that I'm in that first batch of rejections; my letter is sitting in that out box. That first was letter delivered in-state on Saturday. I'll feel some comfort that my app is still being considered if I don't get a letter in the next couple of days. Good luck everyone

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:30 pm

MarkRenton wrote:

Did everyone look like their avatars? Did the people without avatars look like silhouettes?

No, everyone looked like real people. Everyone was extremely attractive too. :P

dailykosak

New

Post by dailykosak » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:49 pm

lml09 wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:

good. I'd hate to make first impressions while masquerading as an old man in a loin cloth carrying a boulder.

bitlrc

Bronze

Post by bitlrc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:50 pm

dailykosak wrote:
lml09 wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:

good. I'd hate to make first impressions while masquerading as an old man in a loin cloth carrying a boulder.
i'm pretty relieved about that also

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dailykosak

New

Post by dailykosak » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:24 pm

from the NYT today (http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/20 ... ind-games/). so apropos

"...To understand this frustrating mental process, let’s play a simple game with only one rule: Don’t think about white bears. You can think about anything else, but you can’t think about that. Ready? Take a deep breath, focus, and banish the animals from your head.

You just lost the game. Everyone does. As Dostoevsky observed in “Winter Notes on Summer Impressions”: “Try to avoid thinking of a white bear, and you will see that the cursed thing will come to mind every minute.” In fact, whenever we try not to think about something that something gets trapped in the mind, stuck in the recursive loop of self-consciousness. Our attempt at repression turns into an odd fixation."

of course, reading this while trying to distract myself with the NYT did not help.

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Just got a fake 90k scholarship offer from wake forest. A unc rejection would seal this as officially the worst day ever.

dailykosak

New

Post by dailykosak » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:06 pm

lml09 wrote:Just got a fake 90k scholarship offer from wake forest. A unc rejection would seal this as officially the worst day ever.
ugh, that's terrible. Sorry!

bakiewakies

New

Post by bakiewakies » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 pm

lml09 wrote:Just got a fake 90k scholarship offer from wake forest. A unc rejection would seal this as officially the worst day ever.
What do you mean by fake 90k scholarship from Wake? Am I missing something? Haha.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm

dailykosak wrote:
ugh, that's terrible. Sorry!
yeah it is. But a unc acceptance would make me forget all about wf!!!

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm

bakiewakies wrote:
What do you mean by fake 90k scholarship from Wake? Am I missing something? Haha.
about 20 minutes ago wake sent out a whole bunch of scholly emails and 5 minutes later sent a follow up email saying that it was an error.

bakiewakies

New

Post by bakiewakies » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:12 pm

lml09 wrote:
bakiewakies wrote:
about 20 minutes ago wake sent out a whole bunch of scholly emails and 5 minutes later sent a follow up email saying that it was an error.

Daaaammmn.

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:17 pm

bakiewakies wrote:
lml09 wrote:
bakiewakies wrote:

Daaaammmn.
basically a scholarship form of the fake unc acceptance emails from last year...
Email is NOT that difficult to use.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”