University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
dailykosak
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby dailykosak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:02 pm

jackster2 wrote:Doesn't UNC seem unbelievably slow to everyone? Perhaps that's why so few apply? (that is relative to Duke, Va etc.)


nah, I'm just impatient. I know that all of our personal statements were nail-biting page-turners and all , but suspect that the faculty have other things to keep them occupied.

jillybeans688
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jillybeans688 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 pm

After shoveling my car out of the snow for 2 hours this morning (Gotta love Upstate New York) I received an email on my phone with the title "Congratulations". It was an email from the Abroad office to every student letting them know that other students here had won some random picture competition. Laaame. I could use a real Congrats email right about now. :D

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:31 pm

haha, law school will be an interesting political mix. My inbox is filled with messages from Mccain, Steele, and the GOP action team. :D

insertclevernamehere
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:19 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby insertclevernamehere » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:50 pm

hi y'all -

just had the worst sinking feeling ever, when did everyone go complete?

despite the fact i am skeptical about a pre-March 1 email batch, I think it would be ten times worse if a bunch of you great people got in and I was left waiting.

*shudder*

User avatar
dailykosak
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby dailykosak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:00 pm

insertclevernamehere wrote:hi y'all -

just had the worst sinking feeling ever, when did everyone go complete?

despite the fact i am skeptical about a pre-March 1 email batch, I think it would be ten times worse if a bunch of you great people got in and I was left waiting.

*shudder*

I was pretty late: submitted Jan 4th, complete Jan 27th.

makingasnack
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby makingasnack » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:10 pm

dailykosak wrote:
insertclevernamehere wrote:hi y'all -

just had the worst sinking feeling ever, when did everyone go complete?

despite the fact i am skeptical about a pre-March 1 email batch, I think it would be ten times worse if a bunch of you great people got in and I was left waiting.

*shudder*

I was pretty late: submitted Jan 4th, complete Jan 27th.


+1. Went complete around January 15th, I think.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Was complete 12 January.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Applied mid-October, complete mid-December. 164/3.7 in-state

User avatar
LadyTarHeelian
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Applied 11/30, complete 12/18.

User avatar
Hodgy
Posts: 1981
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Hodgy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Sent 10-30-09, Receive 11-09-09, Complete on 11-20-09

Ill be one of the last to hear as it is my dream school but also probably the biggest reach. Born in Charlotte but live in Tennessee, so 159/3.35 and OOS. No most likely.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Complete 1/19.

BlueHeel
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby BlueHeel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Another week bites the dust!

Maybe next week sometime I guess.

JuiceMan
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby JuiceMan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

AHHH COME ON UNC!!!

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

BlueHeel wrote:Another week bites the dust!

Maybe next week sometime I guess.


Still holding out for tonight. The last few batches of decisions have come out at like, 8 or 9pm.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:12 pm

traehekat wrote:
BlueHeel wrote:Another week bites the dust!

Maybe next week sometime I guess.


Still holding out for tonight. The last few batches of decisions have come out at like, 8 or 9pm.

+1. Not over yet.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:13 pm

when was the last batch of decision from UNC?
has it been a while? are we due?!??!!! lol

User avatar
LadyTarHeelian
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 pm

sarlis wrote:when was the last batch of decision from UNC?
has it been a while? are we due?!??!!! lol


Depends on what you think. Last year there was a batch on 2/13 and then not another one until mid-March. So if you think history will repeat itself, we've got a while to wait. If you believe Dean States when he said they hoped to have most of the acceptances out by March 1, then we're definitely due. *shrugs*

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Someone I know received a waitlist in the mail today. I think my mom picked up the mail on her way to work, so I don't know if I got anything.

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby lml09 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:21 pm

tstyler98 wrote:Someone I know received a waitlist in the mail today. I think my mom picked up the mail on her way to work, so I don't know if I got anything.


uh oh! Did anyone else get something in the mail?

User avatar
LadyTarHeelian
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:23 pm

lml09 wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:Someone I know received a waitlist in the mail today. I think my mom picked up the mail on her way to work, so I don't know if I got anything.


uh oh! Did anyone else get something in the mail?


I got my mail. Nothing from UNC and I live a mile from the LS so it would have been here today. WHEW!

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby lml09 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:27 pm

LadyTarHeelian wrote:
lml09 wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:Someone I know received a waitlist in the mail today. I think my mom picked up the mail on her way to work, so I don't know if I got anything.


uh oh! Did anyone else get something in the mail?


I got my mail. Nothing from UNC and I live a mile from the LS so it would have been here today. WHEW!


nothing for me either and I'm right down the road... UNC is weird this year.

d-cannon
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby d-cannon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:33 pm

lml09 wrote:
nothing for me either and I'm right down the road... UNC is weird this year.


I'll never be broke... I'll always have that $5 you owe me. :)

I would have preferred to owe it, though.

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby lml09 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:41 pm

d-cannon wrote:
lml09 wrote:
nothing for me either and I'm right down the road... UNC is weird this year.


I'll never be broke... I'll always have that $5 you owe me. :)

I would have preferred to owe it, though.


the days not over yet!

bakiewakies
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby bakiewakies » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:46 pm

I got a waitlist letter in the mail today. It's so stupid. I've been accepted to better schools, I'm undergrad at UNC and I wrote my personal statement with UNC in mind. I hope everyone else has better luck. Maybe this is some higher power trying to tell me to expand my horizons.

User avatar
brittainyb
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby brittainyb » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:02 pm

bakiewakies wrote:I got a waitlist letter in the mail today. It's so stupid. I've been accepted to better schools, I'm undergrad at UNC and I wrote my personal statement with UNC in mind. I hope everyone else has better luck. Maybe this is some higher power trying to tell me to expand my horizons.


i'm really sorry to hear that! it's happened to me too...i was just waitlisted the other day by one of my safety schools, and i've already been accepted to much better schools.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, arthrod, Automotomayor, AZnative, BigZuck, Bing [Bot], chasima, ellielaw, Google [Bot], jprath2, jtawil, jtn123, Kopetz, notausername, Rich Uncle Skeleton, StopLawying, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., ThorB, Tomthecat and 35 guests