University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LSATfromNC

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LSATfromNC » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:48 pm

jakeoooh wrote:Every time this thread gets updated my hand reaches to my phone to check for missed calls from 919 area-code. And now I'm contributing to everyone else's anxiety by putting this back on the front page. What a vicious cycle.

Sorry, had to do it :)

dailykosak

Postby dailykosak » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:54 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
jakeoooh wrote:Every time this thread gets updated my hand reaches to my phone to check for missed calls from 919 area-code. And now I'm contributing to everyone else's anxiety by putting this back on the front page. What a vicious cycle.

Sorry, had to do it :)

To borrow an eloquent phrase from Tiny Duffy in all the king's men.....bbbabababasbastard....just kidding

lml09

Postby lml09 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:08 pm

makingasnack wrote:
I actually knew the girl whos like dad or grandpa invented cheerwine. She was a year below me at UNC.

I always say I wouldn't date someone for their money, but I guess since Cheerwine isn't money (it's better than money) I can make an exception.

Anyway, is anyone else thinking that possibly some letters/e-mails are going out in the mail today with some decisions and that this guy was just the one lucky enough to get the phone call? Pretty much all of the past acceptances through e-mail seemed to all come in the evening, as far as I can tell. I'm just trying to justify my hopefulness.

I was trying to figure that out too... Maybe he was just a special phone call because dean states needed to tell him something special and then there will be a mass email tonight?

I still think it's going to be tomorrow or possibly Monday though.

LadyTarHeelian

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:17 pm

lml09 wrote:
makingasnack wrote:
I actually knew the girl whos like dad or grandpa invented cheerwine. She was a year below me at UNC.

I always say I wouldn't date someone for their money, but I guess since Cheerwine isn't money (it's better than money) I can make an exception.

Anyway, is anyone else thinking that possibly some letters/e-mails are going out in the mail today with some decisions and that this guy was just the one lucky enough to get the phone call? Pretty much all of the past acceptances through e-mail seemed to all come in the evening, as far as I can tell. I'm just trying to justify my hopefulness.

I was trying to figure that out too... Maybe he was just a special phone call because dean states needed to tell him something special and then there will be a mass email tonight?

I still think it's going to be tomorrow or possibly Monday though.

I definitely think this theory is plausible. The applicant appears to be both URM and Non-trad (even though she did not mark herself as such). Seems like the special kind of person they would want to contact more personally than over email. *crosses fingers* I could really use some good news...

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:20 pm

hahaha man you guys are really just theorizing stuff out of nothin

LadyTarHeelian

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:hahaha man you guys are really just theorizing stuff out of nothin

What else are we supposed to do? We're obsessed!

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:20 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:hahaha man you guys are really just theorizing stuff out of nothin

Come on, man. Without hope, there is no social order. There is anarchy. No anarchy on TLS today! Only peace, love, and acceptances. With scholarships. Fat, juicy scholarships.

bakiewakies

Postby bakiewakies » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm

I've given up. GIVEN. UP.

My mom keeps telling me it's absurd that I'd want to go anywhere but UNC for law, and that I should definitely choose to go there. I keep having to remind her...THEY HAVEN'T ACCEPTED ME. :(

lml09

Postby lml09 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 pm

bakiewakies wrote:I've given up. GIVEN. UP.

My mom keeps telling me it's absurd that I'd want to go anywhere but UNC for law, and that I should definitely choose to go there. I keep having to remind her...THEY HAVEN'T ACCEPTED ME. :(

don't give up yet! They have to send out more acceptances soon. And we will all get one. :D

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm

bakiewakies wrote:I've given up. GIVEN. UP.

There's NO WAY they've given out all their acceptances yet. There aren't too many green dots on LSN just yet :-) Even with a March 1st promise from Dean States, it's very likely that acceptances will go out even into March. Don't give up!

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:22 pm

I foresee UNC sending some late evening acceptances tomorrow. Good luck all :)

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:31 pm

What is Chappel Hill really like? I am a cosmopolitan (Chicago, NY, D.C., Miami, Houston, L.A., S.F.) type of guy. Can a "city dude" enjoy his time there? Just curious.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:I foresee UNC sending some late evening acceptances tomorrow. Good luck all :)

we have been blessed with the same vision! Good luck.

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Just arrived at Chapel Hill from NJ (through a blizzard) and wow the campus/law school is impressive. Really wish they would send me the accept email now!!

dailykosak

Postby dailykosak » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:12 pm

PDaddy wrote:What is Chappel Hill really like? I am a cosmopolitan (Chicago, NY, D.C., Miami, Houston, L.A., S.F.) type of guy. Can a "city dude" enjoy his time there? Just curious.

if you like smallish, progressive, college towns, then yes, absolutely, chapel hill/carrboro is a great place. The greater triangle area has a little more than a 1.25 million people I think, and with the research triangle and a number of universities, this area is above average in terms of median income, level of education, etc. Traffic sucks but is manageable, housing is expensive but not astronomical, local buses are free and the public radio programming is good almost all day. It is very livable. That said, New York it is not. if you need to live in a big city to be happy, it's probably not the best fit.

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:20 pm

PDaddy wrote:What is Chappel Hill really like? I am a cosmopolitan (Chicago, NY, D.C., Miami, Houston, L.A., S.F.) type of guy. Can a "city dude" enjoy his time there? Just curious.

If you are really truly a Miami/NYC kind of guy, then...no.

Yes, the triangle has a bunch of people, but they could not be more spread out. And UNC is as "stereotypical" college town as it gets. There is 1 1/2 streets of bars and that is about as "big city" as it gets. I love it, but I could see it not being for everyone.

Plus there are no "cosmopolitan" cities in NC...just something to think about.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:30 am

makingasnack wrote:Today, my wife and I discovered a specialty store in Florida (where we live) that sells Sun Drop, Cheerwine, and Peach Nehi. If UNC sends out some acceptances and I am lucky enough to be in that group, this will be a perfect day.

Today, I went to any store in my area. I saw a glut of all of these things.
Specialty stores are for nerds.

makingasnack

Postby makingasnack » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:47 am

Today, you obviously do not live in Florida.

Specialty stores are for the desperate.

dailykosak

Postby dailykosak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:00 am

makingasnack wrote:

Today, you obviously do not live in Florida.

Specialty stores are for the desperate.

Today....I hope to be able to renew my lease for next year! Let's go tar-heels.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Got my lucky underwear on...I'm ready.

Bring it, UNC.

dailykosak

Postby dailykosak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Dear President Obama, Senator Hagan (Senator Burr, you are lost to us), Harry Reid, and denizens of Move-on.org,

While I deeply appreciate your emails and remain committed to health care reform, financial and environmental regulatory reform and many of the other worthy causes you champion for the public good, I must admit that I am consistently disappointed that the new message in my inbox is not instead from Dean States & company at UNC Law School. In my present state of mind, you are spam to me.

BlueHeel

Postby BlueHeel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:36 pm

dailykosak wrote:Dear President Obama, Senator Hagan (Senator Burr, you are lost to us), Harry Reid, and denizens of Move-on.org,

While I deeply appreciate your emails and remain committed to health care reform, financial and environmental regulatory reform and many of the other worthy causes you champion for the public good, I must admit that I am consistently disappointed that the new message in my inbox is not instead from Dean States & company at UNC Law School. In my present state of mind, you are spam to me.

Right before you posted this, I moved Kate Barr and moveon.org to the temporary spam folder. My email comes to my phone, and it has buzzed incessantly with advocacy, and not with law admits, which is unacceptable.

TarHeel2010

Postby TarHeel2010 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:38 pm

dailykosak wrote:Dear President Obama, Senator Hagan (Senator Burr, you are lost to us), Harry Reid, and denizens of Move-on.org,

+1

jakeoooh

Postby jakeoooh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Ding-Ding-Ding! It's great that we've scored "A win for our country," but right now I don't need this sort of information toggling the (1) on my gmail. That goes double for Wines Till Sold Out, and this joker Jonathan Newman who keeps giving sub-average wines 95 point scores. Newman- nobody has ever heard of you before, nobody cares about your inflated wine scores 8 times a day.

And now this thread is back on the front-page. Great.

jackster2

Postby jackster2 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Doesn't UNC seem unbelievably slow to everyone? Perhaps that's why so few apply? (that is relative to Duke, Va etc.)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”