University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MarkRenton

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 pm

jerzgrl630 wrote:
traehekat wrote:ATTENTION EVERYONE. STOP TALKING ABOUT LOST. I AM CURRENTLY MAKING MY WAY THROUGH SEASON THREE AND I WOULD HATE FOR IT TO BE SPOILED BECAUSE I CANNOT RESIST CHECKING THE UNC THREAD EVERY TIME THERE IS A NEW POST.

That is all, thank you.

To be fair, the numbers are from Season 1. But it is noted that no Lost spoilers are allowed on this thread.

Anyone like "It's always sunny in Philadelphia"? I'm wondering why I allowed myself to go 5 seasons before finally getting into it!

I'm on board with the no Lost spoilers. I'll probably wait for all the episodes to air and then go on a Hulu-Lost bender.

I just got into It's Always Sunny. Really happy that I did. I watched the first two seasons and now I'm excited to power through the next seasons. I enjoy finding out that there's something that I need to watch after the show is five seasons deep.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:59 am

+1 for Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I have only seen a handful of episodes but I think it is pretty funny. How about some love for Curb Your Enthusiasm? I'm waiting for the latest season to come out on DVD, I hear it is really good.

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:05 am

jerzgrl630 wrote:
traehekat wrote:ATTENTION EVERYONE. STOP TALKING ABOUT LOST. I AM CURRENTLY MAKING MY WAY THROUGH SEASON THREE AND I WOULD HATE FOR IT TO BE SPOILED BECAUSE I CANNOT RESIST CHECKING THE UNC THREAD EVERY TIME THERE IS A NEW POST.

That is all, thank you.

To be fair, the numbers are from Season 1. But it is noted that no Lost spoilers are allowed on this thread.

Anyone like "It's always sunny in Philadelphia"? I'm wondering why I allowed myself to go 5 seasons before finally getting into it!

+1. My boyfriend (politely) forced me to start watching It's Always Sunny...he was tired of making references to it that I didn't get :-( But it's actually hilarious! "Who pooped the bed?" had me rolling.

Anyway, on topic. March 1st seems a little ambitious for UNC to get all of it acceptances out, but if Dean States says it I'll try to remain optimistic! I agree with whoever said we'll hear something between Wednesday and Friday of this week.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16 am

mytwocents wrote:
jerzgrl630 wrote:

That is all, thank you.

+1. My boyfriend (politely) forced me to start watching It's Always Sunny...he was tired of making references to it that I didn't get :-( But it's actually hilarious! "Who pooped the bed?" had me rolling.

Anyway, on topic. March 1st seems a little ambitious for UNC to get all of it acceptances out, but if Dean States says it I'll try to remain optimistic! I agree with whoever said we'll hear something between Wednesday and Friday of this week.

Yes, believe in my vision!!

So here's my thinking...one round went out around Jan. 4, another around Jan. 28, and the latest one around Feb. 10. So Feb. 24-26 is completely likely.

Please correct my dates if I'm wrong, I'm too distracted by Dr. Phil to go check LSN.

jerzgrl630

Postby jerzgrl630 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 am

lml09 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
jerzgrl630 wrote:

That is all, thank you.

Yes, believe in my vision!!

So here's my thinking...one round went out around Jan. 4, another around Jan. 28, and the latest one around Feb. 10. So Feb. 24-26 is completely likely.

Please correct my dates if I'm wrong, I'm too distracted by Dr. Phil to go check LSN.

Man, I'm looking at those dates and wishing that "southern efficiency" wasn't an ironic statement. I hope you're right about this week!

BlueHeel

Postby BlueHeel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 am

This has easily become the only thread on this forum I am remotely interested in reading. I too hope for some celebratory posts this week.

TarheelHopeful

Postby TarheelHopeful » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:01 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
TarheelHopeful wrote:
L4 8 15 16 23 42

Those numbers look like the ones from Lost (Hurley's lotto numbers). None of you probably watch the show, lol.

Hah! I was wondering if someone was going to get my reference. I figured it'd be too subtle. Good job!

Yah, it took me a second - but I LOVE the show! Anyways, I'll be polite and not discuss it any further. Instead, I'll just obsess over Carolina.

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:03 pm

BlueHeel wrote:This has easily become the only thread on this forum I am remotely interested in reading. I too hope for some celebratory posts this week.

I read this initially as you were hoping for some "celebrity posts". I thought you knew something...

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Wellllllll I hate to brag but I have been on the cover of the Daily Tar Heel once or twice.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:Wellllllll I hate to brag but I have been on the cover of the Daily Tar Heel once or twice.

I knew it!

On a side note I visited Chapel Hill this past weekend. Everything was nice. The campus looked awesome, and the law school area was packed because of some sort of high school sports event. We decided that we don't actually want to live in downtown Chapel Hill. The place was literally crawling with people (aka, mostly undergrads :) ) who were out and about doing tons of things (not that this is a bad thing, we just want to live in slightly quieter place with the convenience of being close to these things). Just 5-10 minutes outside of Chapel Hill and you can be in a beautiful country setting (but 5-10 minutes the other way and you are in the city, cool). Now if we could just figure out a way to afford the price of real estate in the area! :D

lml09

Postby lml09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
jbrowning82 wrote:Wellllllll I hate to brag but I have been on the cover of the Daily Tar Heel once or twice.

I knew it!

On a side note I visited Chapel Hill this past weekend. Everything was nice. The campus looked awesome, and the law school area was packed because of some sort of high school sports event. We decided that we don't actually want to live in downtown Chapel Hill. The place was literally crawling with people (aka, mostly undergrads :) ) who were out and about doing tons of things (not that this is a bad thing, we just want to live in slightly quieter place with the convenience of being close to these things). Just 5-10 minutes outside of Chapel Hill and you can be in a beautiful country setting (but 5-10 minutes the other way and you are in the city, cool). Now if we could just figure out a way to afford the price of real estate in the area! :D

If you find some good places let me know! Right now (if I even get in) I'll try to be living in glen lennox.

jerzgrl630

Postby jerzgrl630 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 pm

I would love to live in the Chapel Hill area. Not necessarily in town but around it would be lovely. The COL is so much lower that what I pay now.

artexprt

Postby artexprt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 pm

I need some sound advice. The deadline for apps is March 1 and I haven't submitted mine yet. (I lost some motivation after some early acceptances). I have lived in NC since June 2008, and everyone one in my family went to UNC (10 people in the past 35 yrs). 166/3.69. I imagine I would eventually be accepted, HOWEVER, I probably won't have a decision before W&L and Emory's seat deposits are due. With my scholarship Emory's tuition is just a tiny bit higher than UNC's at in-state sticker. Should I bother to apply at this very late date? Is there any chance I would get even a little $$ from them? If so, I might be willing to eat the cost of Emory's deposit, for the chance at a cheaper seat at UNC.

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:32 pm

lml09 wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:

I knew it!

If you find some good places let me know! Right now (if I even get in) I'll try to be living in glen lennox.

Cover of the DTH? Well done, although that could either way haha.

Chapel Hill was packed this weekend. baseball game, track meet, and 70 degrees meant everybody was outside. Great atmosphere.

Glen Lennox is a nice spot. A lot of grad students live there.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:43 pm

artexprt wrote:I need some sound advice. The deadline for apps is March 1 and I haven't submitted mine yet. (I lost some motivation after some early acceptances). I have lived in NC since June 2008, and everyone one in my family went to UNC (10 people in the past 35 yrs). 166/3.69. I imagine I would eventually be accepted, HOWEVER, I probably won't have a decision before W&L and Emory's seat deposits are due. With my scholarship Emory's tuition is just a tiny bit higher than UNC's at in-state sticker. Should I bother to apply at this very late date? Is there any chance I would get even a little $$ from them? If so, I might be willing to eat the cost of Emory's deposit, for the chance at a cheaper seat at UNC.

How badly do you want to go? If you're really serious then I would say apply, there's no telling if or when unc would accept you though, they're a bunch of unpredictable characters. On the money, I would say it's an extremely small chance. But who knows.

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Yeah I mean one was when we rushed the field after beating Miami back in 2004 and I think one time it was just some arbitrary picture of campus that I got caught in, haha

If you're looking for good, cheap places to live, Carrboro is an interesting neighborhood. The locals call it the paris of the piedmont. It's a little hippyish for me but I had some friends rent a house there and it was pretty quiet. Mill Creek (apt complex) also has some great places and while it's pretty lively with UGs its definitely not particularly loud.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:51 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:Yeah I mean one was when we rushed the field after beating Miami back in 2004 and I think one time it was just some arbitrary picture of campus that I got caught in, haha

If you're looking for good, cheap places to live, Carrboro is an interesting neighborhood. The locals call it the paris of the piedmont. It's a little hippyish for me but I had some friends rent a house there and it was pretty quiet. Mill Creek (apt complex) also has some great places and while it's pretty lively with UGs its definitely not particularly loud.

Granola Carrboro!! :D

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Yeah Carrboro is crunchy as hell.

That said they've got some great bars and carrburritos is niiiiiiiiice

although here's a little protip for you UNC hopefuls: Monterrey's Mexican Restaurant in the University Mall off 15-501. Thursdays - $2 for a 32 oz. beer and the greasiest, most delicious mexican food in the county. Anyone who comes in here and tries to tell you that Los Pos is better needs to get their shit together.

bakiewakies

Postby bakiewakies » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:04 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:Yeah Carrboro is crunchy as hell.

That said they've got some great bars and carrburritos is niiiiiiiiice

although here's a little protip for you UNC hopefuls: Monterrey's Mexican Restaurant in the University Mall off 15-501. Thursdays - $2 for a 32 oz. beer and the greasiest, most delicious mexican food in the county. Anyone who comes in here and tries to tell you that Los Pos is better needs to get their shit together.

No one is saying Los Pos is better, but you must admit they're of a different breed. Los Pos is...classier?
But I'm glad you didn't even mention Bandido's. Compared to Monterrey, Los Pos, Carrburritos, and hell, even Chipotle, I think Bandido's is pretty terrible. Just my opinion. Now I digress on the subject of mexican food.

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Yeah I mean youre not taking a date to Montys but still, no where else can you get THAT drunk for THAT cheap in THAT fun of an environment. It's also a fringe family restaurant. I'll never forget the time that this little like 6 year old came bouncing up to our table (probably my freshman year, you can give them your student ID when they ask for a your drivers license to prove your 21 because they dont give a shit) and my friend is half in the bag, like three 32ozers deep and slurs:

"Iii'm fucked up, little girl." And she runs off, he calls after her "you wanna go to a partyy?!"

hahaha

Yeah Bandido's sucks unless you want to try el gigante, which defeated me in my one attempt.

I hate that there's even a Chipotle around there. Cosmic Cantina is all you need for a GREAT late night burrito.

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:14 pm

ugh when you still have roughly 100 days left in the mountains of west africa... Don't start reminiscing about awesome mexican food and cheap beer.

whimper.

bakiewakies

Postby bakiewakies » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:18 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:ugh when you still have roughly 100 days left in the mountains of west africa... Don't start reminiscing about awesome mexican food and cheap beer.

whimper.

Yeah, I'm totally inspired to go to Monterrey tonight. Please, be jealous.

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Clearly, I am. But go on thursday. It's a whole other animal on thursdays.

bakiewakies

Postby bakiewakies » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:22 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:Clearly, I am. But go on thursday. It's a whole other animal on thursdays.

Trust me, I know. I've had one or two of those 32 oz. beers myself (which is a lot for a female my size). Unfortunately, it's midterm season so I won't be doing anything fun this Thursday. Uh...enjoy the mountains of West Africa?

gmichaelbluth

Postby gmichaelbluth » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Parts of Durham are also great if you want to be close-ish to campus, but not in the thick of undergrad central.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”