University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mxc
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby mxc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:57 am

I'd ask that people stop talking about getting calls from Wake in the UNC thread. Got me confused for a second there, thinking UNC was giving acceptance phone calls.

User avatar
DNAgent
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby DNAgent » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:26 am

mxc wrote:I'd ask that people stop talking about getting calls from Wake in the UNC thread. Got me confused for a second there, thinking UNC was giving acceptance phone calls.

+1

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby mytwocents » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:01 pm

DNAgent wrote:
mxc wrote:I'd ask that people stop talking about getting calls from Wake in the UNC thread. Got me confused for a second there, thinking UNC was giving acceptance phone calls.

+1


:oops: My bad!

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jbrowning82 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:18 pm

As a Carolina alum, I feel like I need to take this opportunity to let all of you Tar Heel hopefuls in on a very special Carolina tradition. It's okay if you don't get in... Just applying to UNC shows you've got a good head on your shoulders.

It's time for us to all band together tonight and send every ounce of HATE we have towards the University of New Jersey at Durham. If you're trying to join the Carolina family, there's no better way to get a head start than focusing every dark, twisted thought you have towards those Dook bastards. Tonight is the night. Embrace the hate.

"...I'll tell you something: I hate Duke with an infernal passion undying. I hate every leaf of every tree on that sickening campus. I hate every fake cherub Gothic piece of crap that litters the buildings like hemorrhoidal testaments to imagined superiority. When I see those Dookie boneheads shoe-polishing their faces navy blue on television, squandering their parents' money with their fratty elitist bad sportsmanship antics and Saab stories, I want to puke all over Durham." - Ian Williams, UNC Class of 1990

LET'S GO TAR HEELS!
GO TO HELL DOOK!

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jbrowning82 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 pm

"More than anything... Begin this fine morning and start remembering how much you hate dook. Get yourself into a gnarled, throbbing, full, rolling boil of hate. Tell your Dook co-workers to eat shit and die. Tell everyone you meet to eat shit and die. Sit someplace dark for a while if you can, to organize the your tangled knot of hatred into a single, coherent mantra. Let it guide you. Let the hate permeate every cell in your Carolina blue soul until you are one giant biomass of I Hate Dook."

User avatar
Thunder Jones
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Thunder Jones » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:56 pm

I went to grad school at Duke and if granted admission, then I'll switch alliances. This offer is only on the table for a few weeks. Let's do this thing, UNC.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LSATfromNC » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Due to my ding from Duke I am all aboard the I hate Duke train!

BlueHeel
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby BlueHeel » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:03 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:Due to my ding from Duke I am all aboard the I hate Duke train!


+++++1

Why I chose this screen name....for that exact scenario!

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby mytwocents » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:02 pm

As an NC State fan, can I choose to remain neutral in this battle? I refuse to take a side in this until UNC lets me know whether I'm in or not! :D

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jbrowning82 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:18 pm

If you're unable to determine as a neutral observer that Duke is villain of the state... Then I can't help but wonder if you have the cognitive capacities to succeed in the legal field.

Choose wisely, young wolf.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:19 pm

mytwocents wrote:As an NC State fan, can I choose to remain neutral in this battle? I refuse to take a side in this until UNC lets me know whether I'm in or not! :D


You can be a fan of another school and still hate Duke with an undying passion. For example, I am from Maryland, thus I am a terrapins fan, but I also will root for any school that is sticking it to duke. I would like to nominate Duke for the most hated school of the ACC. The only people that actually like duke are those that go there (and they have to like it).

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby mytwocents » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:27 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:If you're unable to determine as a neutral observer that Duke is villain of the state... Then I can't help but wonder if you have the cognitive capacities to succeed in the legal field.

Choose wisely, young wolf.


haha, this is very true...but the NCSU mentality is "ABC...Anybody But Carolina". So while I completely agree that Duke is worthy of disdain, I personally cannot decide which school I dislike the least! A UNC acceptance would help decide that, but until that day I suppose I'm officially "undecided".

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby missvik218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:30 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
mytwocents wrote:As an NC State fan, can I choose to remain neutral in this battle? I refuse to take a side in this until UNC lets me know whether I'm in or not! :D

You can be a fan of another school and still hate Duke with an undying passion. For example, I am from Maryland, thus I am a terrapins fan, but I also will root for any school that is sticking it to duke. I would like to nominate Duke for the most hated school of the ACC. The only people that actually like duke are those that go there (and they have to like it).

I wonder who would fare much worse than Duke in a most hated school (period) contest .. I think they'd own the ACC championship easily, actually I sort of hate VA Tech too, but that's for personal reasons.

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 pm

In most other threads, there are posters who claim "I hope I get it in but... I don't really want to go. X school is far down onmy list". This thread seems like the only one made up almost exclusively of dedicated applicants.

Kaytee
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Kaytee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:33 pm

suuuure am getting tired of checking my inbox 345034523457234952073852375 times a day to find.......nothin :(

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Kaytee wrote:suuuure am getting tired of checking my inbox 345034523457234952073852375 times a day to find.......nothin :(


haha UNC is wacky too, so you can't even stop after business hours.

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby mytwocents » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:29 pm

IN! just got the email! guess I can cheer for UNC tonight...

ETA: 163/3.74 in-state
Last edited by mytwocents on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ZeroEll
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby ZeroEll » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:35 pm

mytwocents wrote:IN! just got the email! guess I can cheer for UNC tonight...


Congrats!!

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LSATfromNC » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Mother fucking in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: In state 165/3.6
Last edited by LSATfromNC on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jegnyr
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jegnyr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:40 pm

In by email too. Where I wanted to be. Go heels.

Instate, 164, 3.7 11/16ish complete.

MandyNC
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby MandyNC » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 pm

IN via e-mail. In-state, 163/3.7. Indescribably happy, no doubt it's where I'll be in the fall!!!!!

After a few of the longest and most stressful days of my professional life, this is much-needed news. Congrats everyone!

gmichaelbluth
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:35 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby gmichaelbluth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Congrats to the excited new admits! And remember, tonight, GO HEELS!

User avatar
brittainyb
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby brittainyb » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:00 pm

Congrats everyone! :D Hopefully I'll get an e-mail soon too!

manceia
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby manceia » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Congrats to everyone who was admitted today!

If you don't mind sharing, could you tell us approximately when you submitted your application?

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LSATfromNC » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:04 pm

manceia wrote:Congrats to everyone who was admitted today!

If you don't mind sharing, could you tell us approximately when you submitted your application?


Mid December. Good luck to all those still waiting. I was not as lucky at UNC last year.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, ellielaw, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], spursforever, taxman14 and 13 guests