University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby FunkyJD » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:58 am

Hope so ... cause "they're out of touch," and I'm "out of time."

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jbrowning82 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:15 am

jss1100 wrote:I'm guessing we will have a major wave of decisions on either this Friday or Next Monday.


Based on what?

User avatar
LadyTarHeelian
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:16 am

jbrowning82 wrote:So have they not sent out any answers yet?


LSN has a few but they're all over the place. There's no rhyme or reason to who is getting acceptances that can be derived from the offers made so far. *shrugs*

jss1100 wrote:I'm guessing we will have a major wave of decisions on either this Friday or Next Monday.


Please, please let this be the case! UNC is the only school I haven't heard SOMETHING back from (except for South Carolina but I just applied on Friday, so that doesn't count) and it's the one I've wanted to hear back from most!

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby missvik218 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 am

UFLS2013 wrote:unc vs. uf?

NC (probably SC, maybe some GA and/or VA) or FL (maybe some GA, AL, MS)?! Both are good for their regions, neither will give you national mobility.

User avatar
Thunder Jones
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Thunder Jones » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 pm

Nothing in the mail..... again.....

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby mytwocents » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:55 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:
jss1100 wrote:I'm guessing we will have a major wave of decisions on either this Friday or Next Monday.


Based on what?


Don't they traditionally do waves of decisions in mid-February and mid-March? I think last year they sent out a bunch the day before Valentine's Day. I'm gonna do some investigating on LSN.

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby lml09 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Thunder Jones wrote:Nothing in the mail..... again.....



I'm betting on a mass acceptance this Friday or upcoming Monday. (this doesn't mean much, I tell myself this every week.)

User avatar
LadyTarHeelian
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Maybe we should start a pool for when the batch of acceptances will come out. 8) I'm going for sometime next week given the large amount sent out on February 13th last cycle...pretty please?

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:10 pm

I'm going to say two Fridays from now.

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:12 pm

lml09 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that UNC has been doing acceptances on Mondays and Fridays? Or am I completely wrong. I did some creeping on LSN and I thought I noticed a Monday or Friday trend.


Really wishing for some good news this week. Apparently my Grandpa thought I had already gotten in and sent me a UNC snuggie in the mail. I sure would love to wear it... :wink:



If/when you're accepted, please wear that snuggie to the first cold day of law school. You'd be everyone's (at least my) personal hero.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby traehekat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:00 pm

LadyTarHeelian wrote:Maybe we should start a pool for when the batch of acceptances will come out. 8) I'm going for sometime next week given the large amount sent out on February 13th last cycle...pretty please?


I would prefer NOT to have my decision on Friday the 13th, thank you very much.

User avatar
LadyTarHeelian
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:02 pm

traehekat wrote:
LadyTarHeelian wrote:Maybe we should start a pool for when the batch of acceptances will come out. 8) I'm going for sometime next week given the large amount sent out on February 13th last cycle...pretty please?


I would prefer NOT to have my decision on Friday the 13th, thank you very much.


First, I said next week. Second, the 13th is a Saturday, not a Friday. HTH :P

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby traehekat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 pm

LadyTarHeelian wrote:
traehekat wrote:
LadyTarHeelian wrote:Maybe we should start a pool for when the batch of acceptances will come out. 8) I'm going for sometime next week given the large amount sent out on February 13th last cycle...pretty please?


I would prefer NOT to have my decision on Friday the 13th, thank you very much.


First, I said next week. Second, the 13th is a Saturday, not a Friday. HTH :P


My boss told me her birthday is on Friday the 13th this month!

... I feel so used.

Alright, I have no problem with a decision within the next week or so. Carry on everyone.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Dr. Review » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 pm

my birthday is sunday, friday or monday could mean a good gift from unc!

User avatar
LadyTarHeelian
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:07 pm

traehekat wrote:
LadyTarHeelian wrote:
traehekat wrote:
LadyTarHeelian wrote:Maybe we should start a pool for when the batch of acceptances will come out. 8) I'm going for sometime next week given the large amount sent out on February 13th last cycle...pretty please?


I would prefer NOT to have my decision on Friday the 13th, thank you very much.


First, I said next week. Second, the 13th is a Saturday, not a Friday. HTH :P


My boss told me her birthday is on Friday the 13th this month!

... I feel so used.

Alright, I have no problem with a decision within the next week or so. Carry on everyone.


You should buy your boss a calendar for her birthday. LOL

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:11 pm

I'm guessing March before I hear anything. Probably the day after I pay a deposit at Wake or W&L.

User avatar
jss1100
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jss1100 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:I'm guessing March before I hear anything. Probably the day after I pay a deposit at Wake or W&L.



Seriously. Wake is putting a lot of effort into securing its accepted students. I just got a call from a Wake 1L and this sort of thing combined with a scholarship is making holding out for UNC more difficult.

Come on UNC! Lets get things moving!

User avatar
eye
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby eye » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 pm

jss1100 wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:I'm guessing March before I hear anything. Probably the day after I pay a deposit at Wake or W&L.



Seriously. Wake is putting a lot of effort into securing its accepted students. I just got a call from a Wake 1L and this sort of thing combined with a scholarship is making holding out for UNC more difficult.

Come on UNC! Lets get things moving!


Got the call as well. It's funny how they blocked the number though.

User avatar
jss1100
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jss1100 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:44 pm

eye wrote:
jss1100 wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:I'm guessing March before I hear anything. Probably the day after I pay a deposit at Wake or W&L.



Seriously. Wake is putting a lot of effort into securing its accepted students. I just got a call from a Wake 1L and this sort of thing combined with a scholarship is making holding out for UNC more difficult.

Come on UNC! Lets get things moving!


Got the call as well. It's funny how they blocked the number though.



The girl that called me did not have her number blocked, I could see it, so apparently it depends on who is calling.

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby mytwocents » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 am

jss1100 wrote:
eye wrote:
jss1100 wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:I'm guessing March before I hear anything. Probably the day after I pay a deposit at Wake or W&L.



Seriously. Wake is putting a lot of effort into securing its accepted students. I just got a call from a Wake 1L and this sort of thing combined with a scholarship is making holding out for UNC more difficult.

Come on UNC! Lets get things moving!


Got the call as well. It's funny how they blocked the number though.



The girl that called me did not have her number blocked, I could see it, so apparently it depends on who is calling.


I had a blocked number call as well, I almost didn't answer it! Was anyone else a little put off by this phone call? I mean, the girl calling was totally polite, but it's not like I had 578934574 questions at the ready for her. I didn't even know I'd get a call like this! Felt kinda bad being like, "Umm well, no I don't have questions...can I email you if I do?". Awkward.

Anyway, back on topic. While I'm definitely feeling like there will be some UNC movement pretty soon (within the next week or two), I've heard that most admits won't hear until March. Like this wave (if it happens) will be small compared to the one in March. Any truth to this?

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby lml09 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 am

Got the call as well, it was a little weird. I am looking forward to the admitted students day on the 15 though.

As far as acceptances, Dean States said it was his goal to have the majority of acceptances out by March 1, so there's no telling.

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby lml09 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:31 am

MarkRenton wrote:
lml09 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that UNC has been doing acceptances on Mondays and Fridays? Or am I completely wrong. I did some creeping on LSN and I thought I noticed a Monday or Friday trend.


Really wishing for some good news this week. Apparently my Grandpa thought I had already gotten in and sent me a UNC snuggie in the mail. I sure would love to wear it... :wink:



If/when you're accepted, please wear that snuggie to the first cold day of law school. You'd be everyone's (at least my) personal hero.


Oh I'll do it. I was also considering inviting the adcomm to a snuggie slumber party. It could only help my chances.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby LSATfromNC » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 am

Damn was I the only one not to get a call from a Wake student! But yeah, UNC, hurry the hell up so I can get on with my life.

BlueHeel
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby BlueHeel » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:42 am

I'm leaning towards hearing something this Friday, since a wave came the same day last year, and they admit to being "ahead" this cycle.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby missvik218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 am

mytwocents wrote:I had a blocked number call as well, I almost didn't answer it! Was anyone else a little put off by this phone call? I mean, the girl calling was totally polite, but it's not like I had 578934574 questions at the ready for her. I didn't even know I'd get a call like this! Felt kinda bad being like, "Umm well, no I don't have questions...can I email you if I do?". Awkward.

Anyway, back on topic. While I'm definitely feeling like there will be some UNC movement pretty soon (within the next week or two), I've heard that most admits won't hear until March. Like this wave (if it happens) will be small compared to the one in March. Any truth to this?

I felt exactly the same way with the call, she was so nice but I was like "well .. uh .. I ... can I get back to you?!" So she gave me her number and e-mail address I'll probably send her something tonight after work.

I hope UNC gets on their horse, I've got tuition equalization from UGA that I need to either accept or reject by APRIL 1 and it's stressing me out hardcore. That price is hard to turn down when you want to practice in the SE.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], mm2368, packerboy31489, potterotter, Thelaw23, wajdicm and 37 guests