University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mytwocents

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby mytwocents » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:Congrats to all the admits!

Tried looking at past posts, but I think this will be much quicker and concise.
Does anyone know which method of notification UNC uses for acceptances, waitlists, and rejections?

I was rejected last year through snail mail, and this year they've apparently been doing acceptances through email and phone calls (so far, anyway).

ZeroEll

Postby ZeroEll » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 pm

I was waitlisted last year via snail mail, accepted this year by email.

ExcitedBlutterance

Postby ExcitedBlutterance » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:12 pm

I had already been notified of my acceptance, but I received the small packet in the mail today. I'm still anxiously awaiting scholarship info.

philalawyer9

Postby philalawyer9 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but anyone have any idea on the scholly situation at UNC? Im in state with a GPA btwn the 25th and median, LSAT above 75th. Definitely my number one choice barring significant money elsewhere, but my friend said dont count on any without being URM. Even like 5k a year would be sick awesome considering the large percentage of the instate tuition it would represent.

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:25 am

philalawyer9 wrote:Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but anyone have any idea on the scholly situation at UNC? Im in state with a GPA btwn the 25th and median, LSAT above 75th. Definitely my number one choice barring significant money elsewhere, but my friend said dont count on any without being URM. Even like 5k a year would be sick awesome considering the large percentage of the instate tuition it would represent.

Check out LSN from last year's cycle (http://unc.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/0809/). Although it is not representative of everyone who applied, it gives you a rough idea of who was accepted and who received scholarships.

thestoryends

Postby thestoryends » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:55 pm

exciting observation of the day, since i probably won't hear back from admissions for another month (or 3):
the carolina law website facelift looks a zillion times better than the old one.

LadyTarHeelian

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:10 pm

thestoryends wrote:exciting observation of the day, since i probably won't hear back from admissions for another month (or 3):
the carolina law website facelift looks a zillion times better than the old one.

Except it doesn't work with Google Chrome. Boo.

EDIT: They must have noticed because it works now :)
Last edited by LadyTarHeelian on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eye

Postby eye » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:43 pm

thestoryends wrote:exciting observation of the day, since i probably won't hear back from admissions for another month (or 3):

+1
If only US rankings took that into consideration

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Oh man, this new website is so nice. I want to go to UNC even more now!

thestoryends

Postby thestoryends » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:25 pm

eye wrote:

+1
If only US rankings took that into consideration

maybe they can pull a "most improved" award for learning how to use the internet... although there's still time for a mass acceptance fiasco.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:20 am

Any news from anyone? I received the complete email yesterday.

jerzgrl630

Postby jerzgrl630 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:51 am

traehekat wrote:Any news from anyone? I received the complete email yesterday.

It seems they've been extremely quiet lately. I hope today is different, but only if it means I get in :lol:

BlueHeel

Postby BlueHeel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 am

From last year it looks like there won't be much movement again until February, although they claim to be ahead this year. Let's hope it comes soon!

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:03 pm

slightly OT...but no matter how much I like UNC's law school (and this is disregarding the fact that they are currently my #1 choice), nothing makes me happier than seeing their basketball team do horribly! :twisted: Can't wait to see how they'll fare against my Wolfpack next week. (UNC will probably win, but I can dream, right?)

My #1 and #2 choice schools did basketball battle last night (UNC and Wake, respectively) and Wake came out on top...maybe this is a hint? lol.

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:28 pm

ntzsch wrote:
mytwocents wrote:slightly OT...but no matter how much I like UNC's law school (and this is disregarding the fact that they are currently my #1 choice), nothing makes me happier than seeing their basketball team do horribly! :twisted: Can't wait to see how they'll fare against my Wolfpack next week. (UNC will probably win, but I can dream, right?)

My #1 and #2 choice schools did basketball battle last night (UNC and Wake, respectively) and Wake came out on top...maybe this is a hint? lol.

a hint indeed....the last 2 titles UNC won, they were beat by Wake that season...repeat!

I don't remember them starting out so horribly when they won, though. So I'm just saying, I'm totally holding out hope that UNC basketball will epically fail this season (hopefully no UNC adcomm member reads these boards...)

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:53 pm

ntzsch wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
ntzsch wrote:
mytwocents wrote:slightly OT...but no matter how much I like UNC's law school (and this is disregarding the fact that they are currently my #1 choice), nothing makes me happier than seeing their basketball team do horribly! :twisted: Can't wait to see how they'll fare against my Wolfpack next week. (UNC will probably win, but I can dream, right?)

a hint indeed....the last 2 titles UNC won, they were beat by Wake that season...repeat!

I don't remember them starting out so horribly when they won, though. So I'm just saying, I'm totally holding out hope that UNC basketball will epically fail this season (hopefully no UNC adcomm member reads these boards...)

yea, Carolina will not win the title this year, it is rough out there right now.

But, as a Tar Heel, I'm 98% sure that they will win it all this year. This might be irrational, but, you are allowed to take liberites when your talking the most dominate program in basketball.

Carolina #1, alpha to omega.

In Dean Smith we Trust.

My NCSU friends keep ragging on me because I'm apparently horrible luck for sports teams. I cheer for all the professional NC teams (Panthers and Hurricanes), who are meh at best, NCSU (this one's obvious) and all other teams I like somehow end up sucking. They know UNC is my first choice for law school, so they're hoping that, in the event that I go to UNC, my crappy sports luck somehow rubs off on the Tarheels. So unless I'm dinged at UNC....have fun for the next 3 years, Heels fans! (Sorry ntzsch, lol.)

beast510

Postby beast510 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Do they have a status checker, or all we can do is just to wait?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:12 pm

beast510 wrote:Do they have a status checker, or all we can do is just to wait?

No status checker, I am afraid.

Thunder Jones

Postby Thunder Jones » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:30 pm

No status tracker is officially a dick-move.

The Zeppelin

Postby The Zeppelin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Thunder Jones wrote:No status tracker is officially a dick-move.

I'm glad they don't have one. That way I wasn't constantly checking it throughout the day. Of course, I already have my decision...

TBH, status checkers are only positive if the school updates them regularly.

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 pm

The lack of a status checker wouldn't be as difficult for us if there was frequent and quick movement. But knowing that a letter of e-mail could appear from anytime from now till April isn't fun. However, that said, I actually do appreciate UNC's slow movement. I get the impression that this might be one of the few schools that's really reading the applications and trying to put together a decent class. So if this is what's happening, I'll happily deal with it. ... As if there was another option :)

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Has anyone noticed if any of the accepts have been from in-state, or have all the accepts so far been OOS?

If you've been admitted and are in-state, please raise your hand.

ZeroEll

Postby ZeroEll » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm in-state and was admitted Jan. 4th.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Damnit, saw activity in this thread and I thought there may have been some movement.

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:12 pm

gymboree wrote:Has anyone noticed if any of the accepts have been from in-state, or have all the accepts so far been OOS?

If you've been admitted and are in-state, please raise your hand.

Admitted in early January as in-state.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”