University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
redbutton

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby redbutton » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:43 pm

makingasnack wrote:Waitlist via e-mail 10:28 p.m. Central.
161/3.5x, if anyone is curious.

Not one bit surprised, but I will definitely be riding this one out.

in state or out of state? wow I thought they were done with the waitlist and moving on to sheer rejections!

makingasnack

Postby makingasnack » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 pm

redbutton wrote:

in state or out of state? wow I thought they were done with the waitlist and moving on to sheer rejections!

OOS.

Honestly, if you have decent numbers, expect a waitlist offer, IMHO. Just looking at LSN, they don't seem to be big fans of splitters, but if you have ok LSAT/GPA, you will probably at least make waitlist. Of course, there are the occasional above-both-75th-percentile-rejections. UNC's Admissions is more confusing to me than people who think Taylor Swift can sing.

brittainyb

Postby brittainyb » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:15 am

makingasnack wrote:
redbutton wrote:

OOS.

Honestly, if you have decent numbers, expect a waitlist offer, IMHO. Just looking at LSN, they don't seem to be big fans of splitters, but if you have ok LSAT/GPA, you will probably at least make waitlist. Of course, there are the occasional above-both-75th-percentile-rejections. UNC's Admissions is more confusing to me than people who think Taylor Swift can sing.

+1 waitlisted. oos. 162/3.5

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:15 am

Waitlisted as well at 10:28pm (CST). 163/3.5(ish), OOS. Expected. Probably won't ride this out but we'll see. Complete as of 12/16.
Last edited by webbylu87 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

icydash

Postby icydash » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 am

For those of you posting your current status, can you please post the date you applied as well? Thanks.

I applied Feb 1st and haven't heard a word....

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:24 am

So annoying that I still haven't heard...every round of waitlists makes me think that I am about to get my first rejection of the cycle.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 am

I was waitlisted this morning as well!

I'm not surprised either...but the wait is painful. I'll stay on until June 15th.

icydash

Postby icydash » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:08 am

as stars burn wrote:I was waitlisted this morning as well!

I'm not surprised either...but the wait is painful. I'll stay on until June 15th.

When did you send in your application?

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:34 am

makingasnack wrote:OOS.

Hey, so nobody's got a crystal ball, I am aware. But what do you think I can expect, as an out-of-state 37 y.o. with a 163/3.81.

I'm assuming WL, b/c I've been collecting those things like trading cards.

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:39 am

tommytahoe wrote:

Hey, so nobody's got a crystal ball, I am aware. But what do you think I can expect, as an out-of-state 37 y.o. with a 163/3.81.

163 is such a 'tweener score. I had that and retook for the 164. There seems to be a level between 163/164 for some inexplicable reason. That said, I don't it will matter much at UNC where in-state 167's get waitlisted and oos 161's get it.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:48 am

lawhawk wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

163 is such a 'tweener score. I had that and retook for the 164. There seems to be a level between 163/164 for some inexplicable reason. That said, I don't it will matter much at UNC where in-state 167's get waitlisted and oos 161's get it.

You're so right about 163/164. There are so many schools that want to be one away from 165, I am sure. I meant to take it again in February, but things happened (long story). I so wish I had taken it, b/c I felt sure I was on par for 165 or higher. Anyway, I expect a WL. They should send me my WL letter some time before I finish my second year of law school.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:53 am

icydash wrote:
as stars burn wrote:I was waitlisted this morning as well!

When did you send in your application?

Sent: 1/05
Complete: 1/07

what a god awful wait...they were the last school to get back to me. And, I get to wait some more! yay!

RonArtest

Postby RonArtest » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:17 am

insertclevernamehere wrote:So annoying that I still haven't heard...every round of waitlists makes me think that I am about to get my first rejection of the cycle.

Shameless.

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 am

RonArtest wrote:
insertclevernamehere wrote:So annoying that I still haven't heard...every round of waitlists makes me think that I am about to get my first rejection of the cycle.

Shameless.

In my defense (which I probably don't deserve because I was whiny and overtired last night) I didn't apply to any significant reach schools because I am pursuing PI and cost is a big factor.

RonArtest

Postby RonArtest » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:47 am

insertclevernamehere wrote:
RonArtest wrote:

Shameless.

In my defense (which I probably don't deserve because I was whiny and overtired last night) I didn't apply to any significant reach schools because I am pursuing PI and cost is a big factor.

I was being waterboarded last night. Please excuse me for being a douche.

makingasnack

Postby makingasnack » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 am

tommytahoe wrote:

Yeah, i'm going to have to say Waitlist. My thought would be that you would be high up there on the waitlist though (yeah, they say it's unranked, but... yeah...). Either way, I think if you stay on the waitlist you will have a much better shot than me. So, I definitely would advise withdrawing ASAP!

jerzgrl630

Postby jerzgrl630 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:04 am

tommytahoe wrote:
lawhawk wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

You're so right about 163/164. There are so many schools that want to be one away from 165, I am sure. I meant to take it again in February, but things happened (long story). I so wish I had taken it, b/c I felt sure I was on par for 165 or higher. Anyway, I expect a WL. They should send me my WL letter some time before I finish my second year of law school.

162s get no love. I got into every T2 school I applied to with a vengeance (solid scholarships and such). I cannot get into any T1s.

I had pondered retaking when I got my score, but it was higher than any practice test I took, and I work 50-60 hours a week, making it really difficult to focus on studying. I figured a 162 was sufficient for the schools I was looking at, based on LSN, medians, and LSP. But I guess not.

That said, I will consider a UNC waitlist to be as accomplished as an acceptance at this point.

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:04 am

RonArtest wrote:
RonArtest wrote:

Shameless.

Ouch...well I guess we aren't going to be friends if we both end up at UNC.

RonArtest

Postby RonArtest » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:32 am

RonArtest wrote:

Ouch...well I guess we aren't going to be friends if we both end up at UNC.

I will never let this go. In both social and professional settings this forum post will be at the forfront of my mind.

In all seriousness, as long as you don't mind sarcasm, I'd be willing to forget this forum post and befriend you if we both end up at UNC. :wink:

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:23 am

RonArtest wrote:I will never let this go. In both social and professional settings this forum post will be at the forfront of my mind.

In all seriousness, as long as you don't mind sarcasm, I'd be willing to forget this forum post and befriend you if we both end up at UNC.

I only date guys that are sarcastic to the point of being awkward - my friends tend to not find this quality as charming as I do.

maybe this is true love?

haha, and thanks for the pardon - even though you made me work for it.

Ml8080

Postby Ml8080 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Has anyone who was accepted on 4/15 received the packet in the mail yet?

DoktorZaius

Postby DoktorZaius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:57 pm

insertclevernamehere wrote:I only date guys that are sarcastic to the point of being awkward - my friends tend to not find this quality as charming as I do.

Then I'm your guy -- but first I'd need UNC to (get back to me &) accept me. Also, your friends suck.

KtSully

Postby KtSully » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Just in case anyone else is still waiting for a response, the Admissions office at UNC (who I have been diligently calling each week for the last month or so) told me on Friday that a decision would be made on every application by May 1.

I expect to be waitlisted. *sigh*

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:03 am

KtSully wrote:Just in case anyone else is still waiting for a response, the Admissions office at UNC (who I have been diligently calling each week for the last month or so) told me on Friday that a decision would be made on every application by May 1.

I expect to be waitlisted. *sigh*

Yo tambien.

RonArtest

Postby RonArtest » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:40 am

RonArtest wrote:I will never let this go. In both social and professional settings this forum post will be at the forfront of my mind.

In all seriousness, as long as you don't mind sarcasm, I'd be willing to forget this forum post and befriend you if we both end up at UNC.

I only date guys that are sarcastic to the point of being awkward - my friends tend to not find this quality as charming as I do.

maybe this is true love?

haha, and thanks for the pardon - even though you made me work for it.

I'm your guy then. Send pics.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”