University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Favor2010

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Favor2010 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:17 pm

mytwocents wrote:
insertclevernamehere wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Center2450 wrote:Is anyone going to the ASD this coming Friday?

Kind of hard to have an admitted students day WHEN YOU HAVE NO ADMITTED STUDENTS.

Hahaha + 1 :)

Even though it seems there are some in this thread who are going...

I'm going...but I was also wondering just how many people would actually be there, lol

I went to the one in March, and I was surprised by the number of students present b/c forums like these lead you to believe that only a few students have actually been admitted. I suspect that this ASD will be a nice size, as it will include some of those admitted students who were unable to attend the 1st time around and also some that were admitted since the last ASD. Enjoy and please report back with your findings!

icydash

Postby icydash » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:25 pm

I realllllly want to go here but have heard nothing from them yet.

So far I've been admitted to Wake Forest, though, so at least I know I'll be somewhere warm in NC next fall.

But yeah, applied in the end of January, haven't gotten a decision yet :( Looking at their lawschoolnumbers chart, it doesn't seem like they've responded to very many people.

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:20 pm

icydash wrote:I realllllly want to go here but have heard nothing from them yet.

So far I've been admitted to Wake Forest, though, so at least I know I'll be somewhere warm in NC next fall.

But yeah, applied in the end of January, haven't gotten a decision yet :( Looking at their lawschoolnumbers chart, it doesn't seem like they've responded to very many people.

I applied in mid-October and went complete in mid-December, and still haven't heard anything. I want to know the decision, but I've pretty much decided on Wake (which I really liked when I visited).

icydash

Postby icydash » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:18 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
icydash wrote:I realllllly want to go here but have heard nothing from them yet.

I applied in mid-October and went complete in mid-December, and still haven't heard anything. I want to know the decision, but I've pretty much decided on Wake (which I really liked when I visited).

I'm actually going to the admitted students day tomorrow! I just spent the afternoon looking over the campus though---beautiful.

DNAgent

Postby DNAgent » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:29 pm

Withdrew from the WL today--will be sending my deposit to Wake tomorrow! Never really wanted to attend UNC anyway, just applied because it was cheap.

Let's go DEVILS and DEMON DEACS!

UNC can sit by themselves in their black shroud of non-communicativeness and pomp.

DoktorZaius

Postby DoktorZaius » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:25 pm

Any updates?

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:32 pm

So who all is going to ASD on Friday? Also, did anyone else catch that the ASD mentioned the preferred dress as "business casual"? Umm, no thanks! It's not like they're going to rescind my admission for not wearing khakis :roll: I'll be wearing jeans and a t-shirt that day, thank you...lol

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:04 am

jbrowning82 wrote:At what point can I just angrily email UNC demanding my application fee back? Its the second week of April and I haven't heard a WORD from them. It's ridiculous.

+1....what the hell is going on with UNC? I seriously wanted to go but they have been completely silent. I've already deposited somewhere else but would happily change my mind if they came through. They have until June 15th at the absolute latest.

icydash

Postby icydash » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:33 am

as stars burn wrote:
jbrowning82 wrote:At what point can I just angrily email UNC demanding my application fee back? Its the second week of April and I haven't heard a WORD from them. It's ridiculous.

+1....what the hell is going on with UNC? I seriously wanted to go but they have been completely silent. I've already deposited somewhere else but would happily change my mind if they came through. They have until June 15th at the absolute latest.

+1 except until May 31st. The second May ends, my cycle (in my mind) ends. Wherever I'm at the end of May is where I stay.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:34 am

mytwocents wrote:So who all is going to ASD on Friday? Also, did anyone else catch that the ASD mentioned the preferred dress as "business casual"? Umm, no thanks! It's not like they're going to rescind my admission for not wearing khakis :roll: I'll be wearing jeans and a t-shirt that day, thank you...lol

Really? REALLY?

icydash

Postby icydash » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:05 am

mytwocents wrote:So who all is going to ASD on Friday? Also, did anyone else catch that the ASD mentioned the preferred dress as "business casual"? Umm, no thanks! It's not like they're going to rescind my admission for not wearing khakis :roll: I'll be wearing jeans and a t-shirt that day, thank you...lol

Not even attending UNC yet and already being rebellious? Shame on you.

:)

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:14 am

Pearalegal wrote:

Really? REALLY?

Yes, really! I mean, I can see business casual if I were going for an interview or something, but seriously? It's not like I'm going to look homeless or anything, who cares.

StrawberryRed89

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 am

lol just got a WL email last night..whatever UNC, I already put down my
deposit at BU :)

icydash

Postby icydash » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 am

mytwocents wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

Really? REALLY?

Yes, really! I mean, I can see business casual if I were going for an interview or something, but seriously? It's not like I'm going to look homeless or anything, who cares.

just MY two cents: If you don't like dressing business casual or professionally, you may be going into the wrong profession :)

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 am

icydash wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

Really? REALLY?

just MY two cents: If you don't like dressing business casual or professionally, you may be going into the wrong profession :)

:roll: :roll:

seanbickford

Postby seanbickford » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:53 am

What time did you get your email, sr? In state or out?

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 am

MarkRenton wrote:
icydash wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Really? REALLY?

:roll: :roll:

I have no qualms with dressing professionally! For any kind of job, interview, etc...totally cool with it. But for an ASD? Meh, whatever. There's nothing "unprofessional" about wearing nice jeans, a plain t-shirt, blazer and flats (which is what my "t-shirt and jeans" would likely consist of) to an ASD.

StrawberryRed89

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 am

seanbickford wrote:What time did you get your email, sr? In state or out?

Around 11 PM last night. Out-of-state, 167, 3.67

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:16 am

StrawberryRed89 wrote:

Blah, they probably just ran out of seats to offer. Enjoy Boston :)

Phil_Ford

Postby Phil_Ford » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:55 am

I talked to someone high up in the admission process and he said that my decision personally should be coming in a week or two. I didn't get my application complete until March so that should mean that most of everyone else's decisions will be coming out very shortly as well.

icydash

Postby icydash » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:28 pm

StrawberryRed89 wrote:

+1 . If you're getting waitlisted with a 167 and 3.67, they are simply out of seats.

Hopefully I'll see you all somewhere else in the fall.

StrawberryRed89

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:35 pm

icydash wrote:
StrawberryRed89 wrote:

+1 . If you're getting waitlisted with a 167 and 3.67, they are simply out of seats.

Hopefully I'll see you all somewhere else in the fall.

I applied in the beginning of November though. Oh well..at least they finally gave me a decision lol

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Deposited today, see you in the fall.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:24 pm

And UNC moves up to number 28 :)

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:And UNC moves up to number 28 :)

Wait, whaaaaat? I've heard that the new rankings are out and available to all the Deans, but not to the general public. Is that legit?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”