University of North Carolina 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
traceface
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby traceface » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:09 am

Has anyone received notification about UNC that applied *after* Jan. 15? Any ideas for when we should hear if we applied after that date?

User avatar
let0927
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby let0927 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:03 am

It seems that it doesn't matter when you applied unless you just applied because on LSN, there are alot of people who applied in October with good numbers who haven't heard anything and there are people who applied in january with great numbers and have been accepted as well. UNC just does not like to be predictable.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby FunkyJD » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:02 pm

I posted some questions here for UNC Law students, if any want to enlighten a 0L:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=110950

Thanks.

User avatar
let0927
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby let0927 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 am

Not alot of activity on here this past weekend but here's hoping for answers this week Carolina!!

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby dp73816 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:28 am

My buddy got in the last roll-around (two Fridays ago), and I got no such email...got back to my apt. last night and checked the mail - still nothing. Guess the waiting game continues...

adk6
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby adk6 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Just called to check on the application status. They told me decisions would be coming again in "a few weeks." I guess we'll be holding out for UNC until the end.

Applied 2/1
Complete 2/23
In state
Numbers above medians

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby traehekat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:34 pm

adk6 wrote:Just called to check on the application status. They told me decisions would be coming again in "a few weeks." I guess we'll be holding out for UNC until the end.

Applied 2/1
Complete 2/23
In state
Numbers above medians


Ugghh, a few weeks!? Plus, "decisions" could mean dings/waitlists!

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:44 pm

traehekat wrote:
adk6 wrote:Just called to check on the application status. They told me decisions would be coming again in "a few weeks." I guess we'll be holding out for UNC until the end.

Applied 2/1
Complete 2/23
In state
Numbers above medians


Ugghh, a few weeks!? Plus, "decisions" could mean dings/waitlists!


As long as it could mean acceptances......

BlueHeel
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby BlueHeel » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:58 pm

If all of us sweating this cycle get in, I'm buying a round of beers at Top O'.

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jbrowning82 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:12 pm

BlueHeel wrote:If all of us sweating this cycle get in, I'm buying a round of beers at Top O'.


I'll take an old well white

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:22 pm

BlueHeel wrote:If all of us sweating this cycle get in, I'm buying a round of beers at Top O'.


I'm good for a round too

User avatar
let0927
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby let0927 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:27 pm

I called too and Dean Gallo said no decision has been made yet but it is in review and he hopes that a decision will be made before the end of the month. That's good news since my app was not an auto reject considering my sub-par lsat.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Matteliszt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:43 pm

I am rootin' for you guys

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jlnoa0915 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Matteliszt wrote:I am rootin' for you guys

Your numbers and OOS status give me hope

Center2450
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Center2450 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Did anyone figure out/clarify the scholarship question. I was accepted 1/28 and have yet to receive any scholarship info. All I have received are some more emails and a small letter in the mail since. Any word?

ihopeihope
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby ihopeihope » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:56 pm

adk6 wrote:Just called to check on the application status. They told me decisions would be coming again in "a few weeks." I guess we'll be holding out for UNC until the end.

Applied 2/1
Complete 2/23
In state
Numbers above medians


Did you just ask what the status of your application was or did you have additional info to give them (address change or something)? I'm debating about calling, but I am hesitant to "bug" them. Thanks.

adk6
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby adk6 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:08 pm

ihopeihope wrote:
adk6 wrote:Just called to check on the application status. They told me decisions would be coming again in "a few weeks." I guess we'll be holding out for UNC until the end.

Applied 2/1
Complete 2/23
In state
Numbers above medians


Did you just ask what the status of your application was or did you have additional info to give them (address change or something)? I'm debating about calling, but I am hesitant to "bug" them. Thanks.


I just called to "bug" them. I also asked if my app was even in review. It wasn't.

My advice, call them if you want, but they can't really tell you anything. If you get an "in review" email, you're in review. If you haven't gotten one, you aren't in review yet.

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:14 pm

adk6 wrote:
ihopeihope wrote:
adk6 wrote:Just called to check on the application status. They told me decisions would be coming again in "a few weeks." I guess we'll be holding out for UNC until the end.

Applied 2/1
Complete 2/23
In state
Numbers above medians


Did you just ask what the status of your application was or did you have additional info to give them (address change or something)? I'm debating about calling, but I am hesitant to "bug" them. Thanks.


I just called to "bug" them. I also asked if my app was even in review. It wasn't.

My advice, call them if you want, but they can't really tell you anything. If you get an "in review" email, you're in review. If you haven't gotten one, you aren't in review yet.


Has anyone else received an in-review e-mail??? The complete e-mail just says that you're "ready for review", not that you in it.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Matteliszt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Your numbers and OOS status give me hope



Are you going to take UNC over the W&L Wait list? (I am in a similar position)

User avatar
juliusgirlie
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby juliusgirlie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:23 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
adk6 wrote:
ihopeihope wrote:
adk6 wrote:Just called to check on the application status. They told me decisions would be coming again in "a few weeks." I guess we'll be holding out for UNC until the end.

Applied 2/1
Complete 2/23
In state
Numbers above medians


Did you just ask what the status of your application was or did you have additional info to give them (address change or something)? I'm debating about calling, but I am hesitant to "bug" them. Thanks.


I just called to "bug" them. I also asked if my app was even in review. It wasn't.

My advice, call them if you want, but they can't really tell you anything. If you get an "in review" email, you're in review. If you haven't gotten one, you aren't in review yet.


Has anyone else received an in-review e-mail??? The complete e-mail just says that you're "ready for review", not that you in it.



i never received an 'in review' email. just a complete email and, then, 5 months later, an admit email.

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jlnoa0915 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Matteliszt wrote:
Your numbers and OOS status give me hope



Are you going to take UNC over the W&L Wait list? (I am in a similar position)


If I get into UNC I will without a doubt take it over W&L. And crazy as it sounds I would also take Villanova and Wake over W&L also.

Edit: horrible grammar due to lack of sleep

Center2450
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby Center2450 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm in at UNC and waitlist and W&L, why no love for W&L? Not that I'm a big fan, just curious.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:33 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:
Matteliszt wrote:
Your numbers and OOS status give me hope



Are you going to take UNC over the W&L Wait list? (I am in a similar position)


If I get into UNC I will without a doubt take it over W&L. And crazy as it sounds I would also take Villanova and Wake over W&L also.

Edit: horrible grammar due to lack of sleep

Taking Villanova and Wake over W&L would hardly represent crazy decisions.

Villanova is like an undervalued stock. If biglaw is important to you, W&L places better than Villanova in the NLJ250, but only slightly -- and then you have to decide (a) which is cheapest, and (b) Philadelphia vs. rural southwestern Virginia.

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby jlnoa0915 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:
Matteliszt wrote:
Your numbers and OOS status give me hope



Are you going to take UNC over the W&L Wait list? (I am in a similar position)


If I get into UNC I will without a doubt take it over W&L. And crazy as it sounds I would also take Villanova and Wake over W&L also.

Edit: horrible grammar due to lack of sleep

Taking Villanova and Wake over W&L would hardly represent crazy decisions.

Villanova is like an undervalued stock. If biglaw is important to you, W&L places better than Villanova in the NLJ250, but only slightly -- and then you have to decide (a) which is cheapest, and (b) Philadelphia vs. rural southwestern Virginia.


Very true, should have qualified my statement with 'crazy' from the TLS norm of T14/ T1 or bust.

NCclarice
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:47 am

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Postby NCclarice » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 pm

I read from someone here that the deadline for ASD is March 17th. Is there a March ASD? I just saw on the UNC website that April 17 was ASD and didn't see another option. BTW.....applied in october, went complete in december....still waiting for a decision. I don't drink but all this waiting is making me want one....whoever said they were buying a round....I'm in!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bruins4Lyfe, laowhynot109, lawschoolapp1987 and 16 guests