University of North Carolina 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TargusTargus

New

Re: University of North Carolina 2013

Post by TargusTargus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:28 pm

So I might have made a terrible mistake today by visiting the law school and sitting in on a class. It was all just so...great! Beautiful! Friendly! And now I want in even more! AARRGGGHHH!!

Achem. Excuse me.

idylls

New

Post by idylls » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:49 pm

I was surprised to see my undergraduate account was still active. Sadly, when I got into it, I was just thanked for applying and told a decision wasn't available yet.

*sigh*

I guess it's another week of waiting.

makingasnack

New

Post by makingasnack » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:03 pm

I agree with the opinion voiced a couple pages back that the last wave of acceptances will be coming out tonight or Monday. Maybe this is wrong, but this cycle has practically mirrored last year's cycle. So, it's probably either tonight or Monday for the last acceptances (i'm leaning towards tonight), and after that, it would seem the only hope would be to sneak off the waitlist.

Who really knows though? We're all guessing. I doubt they even know. I'm still convinced UNC is the only school to practice a dartboard admissions policy. They've got the most messed up LSN graph i've seen. Period.

BlueHeel

New

Post by BlueHeel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:06 pm

According to last year's thread, the Friday night acceptances came via phone calls, and Monday's were emails. It's getting sad that I looked that deep into it. Whatever.

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 pm

BlueHeel wrote:According to last year's thread, the Friday night acceptances came via phone calls, and Monday's were emails. It's getting sad that I looked that deep into it. Whatever.
Ugh, work tonight is going to be brutal. I'm going to be checking my phone/email. However, I just want this to be over (UNC is my last school but first choice) so I can finally chill out on the TLS/LSN/email checking and get back to my life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

redbutton

New

Post by redbutton » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:28 pm

insertclevernamehere wrote:
BlueHeel wrote:According to last year's thread, the Friday night acceptances came via phone calls, and Monday's were emails. It's getting sad that I looked that deep into it. Whatever.
Ugh, work tonight is going to be brutal. I'm going to be checking my phone/email. However, I just want this to be over (UNC is my last school but first choice) so I can finally chill out on the TLS/LSN/email checking and get back to my life.

Unfortunately, even if you're accepted at UNC, your life might still revolve around TLS. When I visited UNC a couple weeks ago, I sat in on a class and saw tons of students on TSL during the whole class!

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Thats it...gettin ready to go to the bar and blow off some steam...gotta write the thesis ALL weekend...so c'mon UNC, make my weekend...

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:41 pm

Has any body ever got a reply from UNC? I emailed two different people and neither have responded. I finally gave up on the one person and emailed the UNCs main financial aid place who was able to answer my questions in hours. Still waiting on the man, aka Dean States, to respond.

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Does anyone have advice on places to stay in Chapel Hill?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NCclarice

New

Post by NCclarice » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:46 pm

So I guess it's safe to call it a night and quit checking email. Has there ever been acceptance letters/emails/calls go out on a Saturday or Sunday?

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Someone came into the restaurant I work at tonight with a UNC basketball shirt - in my basketball hungry northeast state this is a rarity. I was convinced it was an omen - hopefully it wasn't...no email and I haven't been home to check the mailbox

somewherewarm

New

Post by somewherewarm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:13 pm

Hey Mattel - I'll be staying at a Holiday Inn Express about 11 miles from the campus when I visit... they give a UNC Chapel Hill discount so that might be something to look into.

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:07 am

somewherewarm wrote:Hey Mattel - I'll be staying at a Holiday Inn Express about 11 miles from the campus when I visit... they give a UNC Chapel Hill discount so that might be something to look into.

It's all about the cheap but nice red roof inn thats 10 min from there and isn't on gps or google maps. Thats where I stayed when I visited. Dank yet elegant haha.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:09 am

Someone could stay on my couch, I live a short 30 minutes from campus, haha

hwstewart

New

Post by hwstewart » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:10 am

Finally got some scholarship info. $7,500/yr while remaining in good standing. This will be going back into the kitty today after I withdraw.

I am seriously considering writing Dean States and the rest of the admissions staff about how their arrogance and general demeanor played the leading role in my decision to attend elsewhere. I have never encountered such a pompous group of people, people who act like they don't understand and/or hate their job of attracting and assembling an incoming classes. Their ethos seems to be: treat your applicants like shit, don't communicate and explicitly request applicants don't attempt to communicate during the application process, have any communication surrounded by this "your lucky to be hearing from us" attitude, don't invest in your facilities (their library is literally falling apart! The new atrium is only new b/c that part of the school literally collapsed a while back), don't even invest in a workable website (eg status checker), all while acting as if they are god's gift to the legal community. I'm not trying to rag on the school unnecessarily as I'm sure many of you are going to be attending. But there has to be at least some consensus here that the way States and the rest of their admissions clowns are running the show is completely screwed.

redbutton

New

Post by redbutton » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:19 pm

hwstewart wrote:Finally got some scholarship info. $7,500/yr while remaining in good standing. This will be going back into the kitty today after I withdraw.

I am seriously considering writing Dean States and the rest of the admissions staff about how their arrogance and general demeanor played the leading role in my decision to attend elsewhere. I have never encountered such a pompous group of people, people who act like they don't understand and/or hate their job of attracting and assembling an incoming classes. Their ethos seems to be: treat your applicants like shit, don't communicate and explicitly request applicants don't attempt to communicate during the application process, have any communication surrounded by this "your lucky to be hearing from us" attitude, don't invest in your facilities (their library is literally falling apart! The new atrium is only new b/c that part of the school literally collapsed a while back), don't even invest in a workable website (eg status checker), all while acting as if they are god's gift to the legal community. I'm not trying to rag on the school unnecessarily as I'm sure many of you are going to be attending. But there has to be at least some consensus here that the way States and the rest of their admissions clowns are running the show is completely screwed.

Amen!!!

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:42 pm

hwstewart wrote:Finally got some scholarship info. $7,500/yr while remaining in good standing. This will be going back into the kitty today after I withdraw.
When did you receive your notification?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm

So it seems tomorrow or Wed/Thursday is going to be another wave...anyone else agree?

tekisui

New

Post by tekisui » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 am

dp73816 wrote:So it seems tomorrow or Wed/Thursday is going to be another wave...anyone else agree?
Why not today (Monday)? I do agree that a big wave will come sometime between now and Thursday.

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 am

tekisui wrote:
dp73816 wrote:So it seems tomorrow or Wed/Thursday is going to be another wave...anyone else agree?
Why not today (Monday)? I do agree that a big wave will come sometime between now and Thursday.
Haha I think the poster was implying Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday. When I read this I didn't understand the lack of love for Tuesday :)

idylls

New

Post by idylls » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:05 pm

I just want to find out before April 1. Of course, telling me on April 1 would be a horrible joke...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dkirby87

New

Post by dkirby87 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:43 pm

let0927

New

Post by let0927 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Waitlisted via snailmail. I like it. Better than a rejection because my lsat was below their 25th percentile. Guess I have to pay my seat deposit to Campbell now and now I still have more uncertainty. Does anyone have any specific stats on how many applicants actually make it off the waitlist?
Last edited by let0927 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DNAgent

New

Post by DNAgent » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Waitlisted via snailmail here, too. Oh well, just makes decisions easier going forward!

GO DEACS! :mrgreen:

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:18 pm

let0927 wrote:Waitlisted via snailmail. I like it. Better than a rejection because my lsat was below their 25th percentile. Guess I have to pay my seat deposit to Campbell now and now I still have more uncertainty.
Sorry to hear (even though you're happy with it!).

So it looks like the waitlists have returned. Back to dreading the mailbox...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”