Military Law Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
travellingboarder

New

Re: Military Law

Post by travellingboarder » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 am

Ranger85 wrote:In Florida, still waiting for a call.
In CA, still waiting for a call

armyhooah

New

Post by armyhooah » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 am

At this point, I don't think a call is going to happen. Except maybe for some west coasters. I'm abroad, and my FSO has not heard a thing. Probably will just have to wait for the public list or update from JARO :/

so ambivalent

New

Post by so ambivalent » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:11 am

got an email from the officer who interviewed me (he's based at fort campbell). does anyone know what process is now re: when we have to accept? I am out of country until after New Year's and need to seriously talk this over with my SO before I make my decision. I'm incredibly nervous about the commitment and being posted to a bad duty station.

erik_1717

New

Post by erik_1717 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:15 am

so ambivalent wrote:got an email from the officer who interviewed me (he's based at fort campbell). does anyone know what process is now re: when we have to accept? I am out of country until after New Year's and need to seriously talk this over with my SO before I make my decision. I'm incredibly nervous about the commitment and being posted to a bad duty station.
One of the JAG updates said you wouldn't even get your acceptance info through snail mail until late January, so you should have at least until then if not longer

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:28 am

so ambivalent wrote:got an email from the officer who interviewed me (he's based at fort campbell). does anyone know what process is now re: when we have to accept? I am out of country until after New Year's and need to seriously talk this over with my SO before I make my decision. I'm incredibly nervous about the commitment and being posted to a bad duty station.
This has to be a flame/troll. Not funny. (Redacted - many apologies)
Last edited by maxpayne on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

armyhooah

New

Post by armyhooah » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:35 am

I wonder what time results will be posted today. I took the day off knowing I'm going to be pretty unproductive... Just seems weird to me that some FSOs seem to know and others don't.

erik_1717

New

Post by erik_1717 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:38 am

maxpayne wrote:
This has to be a flame/troll. Not funny. And quite frankly, it pisses me off.

Lol ohh ok well I guess I fell for it. I'll chalk it up to me just waking up and checking this thread for the thousandth time since yesterday HAHA

LAWYERED88

New

Post by LAWYERED88 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:40 am

armyhooah wrote:I wonder what time results will be posted today. I took the day off knowing I'm going to be pretty unproductive... Just seems weird to me that some FSOs seem to know and others don't.

Lol, I took the day off today also in anticipation. I know my FSO took a while to reply to my emails during the process because he was usually out of the country (or given the time of year, might be on vacation). Here's to hoping! I also find it a bit weird that some FSO's know and some don't. Does anyone know if the FSOs only find out if their interviewees get selected or do they get the complete list? Good luck to all!! :oops:

armyhooah

New

Post by armyhooah » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:45 am

LAWYERED88 wrote:
armyhooah wrote:I wonder what time results will be posted today. I took the day off knowing I'm going to be pretty unproductive... Just seems weird to me that some FSOs seem to know and others don't.

Lol, I took the day off today also in anticipation. I know my FSO took a while to reply to my emails during the process because he was usually out of the country (or given the time of year, might be on vacation). Here's to hoping! I also find it a bit weird that some FSO's know and some don't. Does anyone know if the FSOs only find out if their interviewees get selected or do they get the complete list? Good luck to all!! :oops:
I also thought maybe only FSOs with interviewees selected were notified, but this doesn't seem to be the case because my FSO received the list for FLEP selectees by e-mail, and he wasn't involved in any FLEP apps. There are stories earlier in the thread about people receiving calls that they were not selected as well, so... Guess we'll have to see.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brando4545

New

Post by brando4545 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 am

You have to remember that it is holiday schedule in the Army right now - almost all units do day on / day off or half day schedule, plus block leave, so it is very possible that your FSO is not in the office, or hasn't been in since the list was put out. Mine told me that she would be on leave through Christmas, so I'm stuck waiting for the list to be published.

Fed_Atty

Bronze

Post by Fed_Atty » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:08 am

My guess is that you will have awhile. Even after informally accepting, you can always back out until the point where you commission. At least that is how the Navy does it, but it cannot be that different across the services.

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 am

Last year - I think it was posted right before noon.

armyhooah

New

Post by armyhooah » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:33 am

EST? Thanks maxpayne. Good luck to you!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:54 am

armyhooah wrote:EST? Thanks maxpayne. Good luck to you!!
I think it was EST. Check out page 156 of this thread - about the 5th post down.

sarahbobara

New

Post by sarahbobara » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:02 pm

It's noon now! :shock:

LAWYERED88

New

Post by LAWYERED88 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:10 pm

sarahbobara wrote:It's noon now! :shock:
ah! i'm anxious as well!

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Their Facebook post linking to an ABA profile of a brigadier general, while informative, was kind of... Unnecessarily excitement provoking.

I just wan the official reject so I can move on.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sarahbobara

New

Post by sarahbobara » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:22 pm

spleenworship wrote:Their Facebook post linking to an ABA profile of a brigadier general, while informative, was kind of... Unnecessarily excitement provoking.

Lol me too. At least it's Friday. TGIF

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:27 pm

spleenworship wrote:Their Facebook post linking to an ABA profile of a brigadier general, while informative, was kind of... Unnecessarily excitement provoking.

Only thing that sucks is that we have to wait another year to reapply. :(

Also, shouldn't the AF Dec DAP be out soon?

Texas Attorney

New

Post by Texas Attorney » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:39 pm

maxpayne wrote:

Wait, is there not going to be a spring army board?

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Texas Attorney wrote:
maxpayne wrote:

Wait, is there not going to be a spring army board?
I don't think so. On the JAGCNET page, it said there was not going to be a Spring AD selection board.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

armyhooah

New

Post by armyhooah » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Wait, is there not going to be a spring army board?[/quote]

No, there won't be. The JARO web site had that on the November app.

Texas Attorney

New

Post by Texas Attorney » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Ah, thanks guys. I, too, am waiting on pins and needles so it's disappointing that there will be a long wait til the next board. :( oh wells. Good luck to everyone waiting!

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Man this is brutal. LOL! I am trying to work on a response to a MSJ but it is rough to complete while refreshing sooo much.

Good Luck to all!

andythefir

Silver

Post by andythefir » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:06 pm

I got the call about 2 hours ago for Army Jag reserve. I mainly applied as a Hail Mary, has this thread addressed some of the nuts and bolts? As in, when does training start and what the heck to do about the bar/other job knowing you've got a 3 month obligation hanging over your head for a non full-time commitment?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”