December Curve Poll

Curve to receive a 170

-7
11
6%
-8
6
3%
-9
12
7%
-10
50
29%
-11
55
32%
-12
24
14%
-13
15
9%
 
Total votes: 173

arundodonax
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:31 pm

December Curve Poll

Postby arundodonax » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:23 pm

It's that time again. You know you want to.

User avatar
Raskolnikoff
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:19 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby Raskolnikoff » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

I thought the test was easy overall.

-9

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby pleasetryagain » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Raskolnikoff wrote:I thought the test was easy overall.

-9


unfortunately +1 . I missed 2-3 on logic games which will keep me out of 170s w/ a -9. praying for -10/-11 expecting -9

User avatar
Moxie
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby Moxie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:46 pm

I didn't think it was that easy :(
I thought that LR was "different" from normal, although I'm still unsure of whether it was much more difficult than other PT 55+ tests.

I think -10/-11, but leaning towards the former.

CanadianEH
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:47 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby CanadianEH » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Fewer people are predicting apocalyptic -9 scenarios this time around.

I think it will be atleast a -10, but who the F knows, right?

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby capitalacq » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:48 pm

I didn't take it, but I'm confidently going with -11

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby thickfreakness » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:56 pm

-10 or -11, no way it's higher. RC sets the curve once again.

User avatar
HelperMonkey
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby HelperMonkey » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:58 pm

It's at least as hard as September.

CanadianEH
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:47 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby CanadianEH » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:00 pm

HelperMonkey wrote:It's at least as hard as September.


LR seemed easier, same with RC. Maybe games were harder.

Am I off base?

utmguy
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby utmguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:03 pm

i found games and lr really easy, found rc super hard.

i'll say -9 because i'm a pessimist.

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby pleasetryagain » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:06 pm

RC was definitely hard. LG had a few tough questions; I hate this new "which rule when replaced with X rule will have the same effect" Qs. LR was peculiarly easy..

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby rondemarino » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:10 pm

DCD wrote:
Raskolnikoff wrote:I thought the test was easy overall.

-9


unfortunately +1 . I missed 2-3 on logic games which will keep me out of 170s w/ a -9. praying for -10/-11 expecting -9


I remember you on the June thread. Was today lucky number 3?

cfran15
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:54 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby cfran15 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:11 pm

this is one of those tests where upon finishing I really didn't feel like I showed any particular weakness, but that could be a bad thing as much as it is a good thing.

colemf
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby colemf » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Based purely off of RC it will be -11, i took it in september, a -11, and this one seemed the exact same except for RC which was insanely harder this time.

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby pleasetryagain » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:13 pm

rondemarino wrote:
DCD wrote:
Raskolnikoff wrote:I thought the test was easy overall.

-9


unfortunately +1 . I missed 2-3 on logic games which will keep me out of 170s w/ a -9. praying for -10/-11 expecting -9


I remember you on the June thread. Was today lucky number 3?


haha.. lucky is one word for it.

User avatar
DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:22 pm

-10
91 for a 170.

RC felt easier.
LR felt a little harder than usual, but not much so
LG felt easier than last time. remember guys, september had 2 in and out games using a lot of formal logic. if you did not prepare sufficiently or just sat down and took the test without extensive studying, those types of in out games (undefined, partially undefined) kill folks.

User avatar
Detail
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby Detail » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Raskolnikoff wrote:I thought the test was easy overall.

-9

Me too...

spintk
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby spintk » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:36 pm

Did anyone feel the test was easy, yet hard? In hind sight I feel like it was pretty basic. However, during the test I was nervous, so it felt harder than what it should have been.

User avatar
HelperMonkey
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby HelperMonkey » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:40 pm

DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T wrote:-10
91 for a 170.

RC felt easier.
LR felt a little harder than usual, but not much so
LG felt easier than last time. remember guys, september had 2 in and out games using a lot of formal logic. if you did not prepare sufficiently or just sat down and took the test without extensive studying, those types of in out games (undefined, partially undefined) kill folks.



December LG >>> September LG.

BenBen
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby BenBen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Didn't finish LG or RC. The comparative reading passage took more than 15 minutes, leaving me with little time for the remaining passages. If only this passage had come towards the end. If, if , if....... Thought I would be through with the LSAT after this second time of taking it but no, not until some of this disappointment fades. Back to life.... give me a few minutes... I think I'm feeling better.... better now, but still not completely recovered.

wreckem
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:32 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby wreckem » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

spintk wrote:Did anyone feel the test was easy, yet hard? In hind sight I feel like it was pretty basic. However, during the test I was nervous, so it felt harder than what it should have been.


With RC, the passages were easier to read but the questions(and answers) were trickier.
LR was average.
The two of the LGs were simple all around, classes was simple for being IN-Out, Cities was challenging for its type of game. I aced or nearly aced(-1) the first 3 games. The last one i had to guess on a few.

User avatar
HelperMonkey
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby HelperMonkey » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:43 pm

BenBen wrote:Didn't finish LG or RC. The comparative reading passage took more than 15 minutes, leaving me with little time for the remaining passages. If only this passage had come towards the end. If, if , if....... Thought I would be through with the LSAT after this second time of taking it but no, not until some of this disappointment fades. Back to life.... give me a few minutes... I think I'm feeling better.... better now, but still not completely recovered.


Comparative reading took me 11 minutes... I somehow made up the difference before the last section but still ran out of time really analyzing the last question of the RC

Hope my gut was right.

asiasunset
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:09 am

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby asiasunset » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:49 pm

BenBen wrote:Didn't finish LG or RC. The comparative reading passage took more than 15 minutes, leaving me with little time for the remaining passages. If only this passage had come towards the end. If, if , if....... Thought I would be through with the LSAT after this second time of taking it but no, not until some of this disappointment fades. Back to life.... give me a few minutes... I think I'm feeling better.... better now, but still not completely recovered.



Next time, skip around and see which ones are easier, just like LG. It had 8 questions but if you did the other three and skipped this one, you would have gained more points.

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby Panther7 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:02 pm

this test was def harder than september, and that one was -11...

katieg
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: December Curve Poll

Postby katieg » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:07 pm

What was so hard about this one compared to September? I thought it was on the average/easy side.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Instrumental, JoshLyman13, Lahtso Nuggin, phelpsy, sethnoorzad and 15 guests