How to cancel LSAT reg. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jk11287

Bronze

How to cancel LSAT reg.

Post by jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey everyone,
I signed up awhile ago to tke the Dec. 5 LSAT but I'm not going to take it after all. I found on the LSAC website how to request a refund, but not how to actually cancel the registration. I just don't want to look like a no-show. Does anyone know how to do this?

Kiersten1985

Silver

Re: How to cancel LSAT reg.

Post by Kiersten1985 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 pm

It's too late to cancel your registration now due to new rules this year. You'll either have to show and cancel or be absent.

On the bright side, I was absent for my June exam, called a bunch of adcomms and they all said a one-time absent or cancel is not a big deal at all. Plus, they realize LSAC's rules have changed, leaving some people with no option.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Oh man that sucks. Thanks though. So, do I still need to "cancel" my score, or will it just show up as nothing?

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:42 pm

I would recommend taking it and canceling, rather than not showing up. Since you paid for it, you may as well at least treat it as a trial run so you get something for your money.

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:45 pm

democrattotheend wrote:I would recommend taking it and canceling, rather than not showing up. Since you paid for it, you may as well at least treat it as a trial run so you get something for your money.
Absolutely.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah, that's sort of what I'm leaning towards right now. The only thing that complicates this plan, however, is that I applied ED to GULC. I'm pretty sure I'm getting rejected, but my decision was rendered 12/01...and I'm not sure what the policy is, if I'm even allowed to be taking it? Does anyone know?

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:15 pm

jk11287 wrote:Yeah, that's sort of what I'm leaning towards right now. The only thing that complicates this plan, however, is that I applied ED to GULC. I'm pretty sure I'm getting rejected, but my decision was rendered 12/01...and I'm not sure what the policy is, if I'm even allowed to be taking it? Does anyone know?
I would call them and ask what the policy is. I don't think there would be anything wrong with writing the exam, particularly since you haven't actually been accepted yet. But just call and check.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:42 pm

If you take the test and cancel, it counts towards one of your 3 attempts in 2 years. However, an absence does not count towards your total.

For more info:

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/ca ... -lsat.html

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:27 pm

aright, well i've decided im taking it, thanks for everyone's help. HOpe it doesn't end up hurting me in the long run :-\

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

quasi-stellar

New

Post by quasi-stellar » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Aside from the timing issues, is it even technically possible to cancel? I registered for June 2010, but now consider October administration to be more appropriate with all the course work I have. Though there is still plenty of time, I do not see any options except for change of date/test center.

SnowyMobs

New

Post by SnowyMobs » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:37 pm

quasi-stellar wrote:Aside from the timing issues, is it even technically possible to cancel? I registered for June 2010, but now consider October administration to be more appropriate with all the course work I have. Though there is still plenty of time, I do not see any options except for change of date/test center.
yeah it's possible to cancel a registration and get a partial refund. i registered for the february test and then canceled it a few weeks later. i printed out a form from lsac, signed it, and mailed it in. a few days later the registration disappeared from my LSAT status page and i received a partial refund. i can't seem to find the form right now, but it's somewhere.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”