PT36 game 3, the bus ride Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
laidoffjournalist

Bronze

PT36 game 3, the bus ride

Post by laidoffjournalist » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:20 am

Seriously, could the description be more convoluted? Everytime I encounter this game, I have no clue what the fuck the diagram is supposed to look like. Apparently we have three rows with two seats each. But to me it sounds like they are asking for six rows with two seats each. Anyone else have this problem? Or I'm just a dumbass?

tomhobbes

Bronze

Re: PT36 game 3, the bus ride

Post by tomhobbes » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:36 am

I didn't have that particular problem, but I had other problems with that game. It seemed to me like it would take a long time even if you had the right setup. It also had a couple questions which required multiple inferences building off of each other, some of them not obvious.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 am

I think when you first read "six seats" it's easy to assume that means six rows. The only advice I can give if the directions seem confusing is to re-read before trying to sketch.

ZombiesAhead

New

Post by ZombiesAhead » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:30 am

It's hella restricted though once you're done diagramming. Potential for templating and one rule closes up the whole diagram.

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:57 am

--ImageRemoved--

With this diagram I found the game pretty manageable, but it's definitely harder than post PT40 games.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FreeGuy

Bronze

Post by FreeGuy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:49 pm

That diagram looks good for the most part - just keep in mind that M (a) -> HL with the way you've set it up (having the aisle on the left)

Therefore, LH would not be possible.

visualpurple

New

Post by visualpurple » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:04 pm

This game completely fucked with my mind when I did it as a PT... really glad they don't use setups like this anymore

laidoffjournalist

Bronze

Post by laidoffjournalist » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:06 pm

Everyone says games are easier on newer tests. Can I count on a game as shitty as this bus ride game not appearing in December? Are newer games easier than this one?

Seriously, some of the games on older tests are so time-consuming. Aside from the fact that I had no clue what the diagram was supposed to look like, zero of the rules in this one were concrete. They were all if/then rules, meaning you couldn't fill anything in until you knew what the questions asked for. Bah!

FreeGuy

Bronze

Post by FreeGuy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:23 pm

It is a tough game. The only concrete rule is the GH block. I'd use that to create two diagrams - one with GH on 1 and 2, another with GH on 2 and 3.

This allows you to make inferences about the diagram with GH on 2 and 3.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

visualpurple

New

Post by visualpurple » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:27 pm

laidoffjournalist wrote:Everyone says games are easier on newer tests. Can I count on a game as shitty as this bus ride game not appearing in December? Are newer games easier than this one?

Seriously, some of the games on older tests are so time-consuming. Aside from the fact that I had no clue what the diagram was supposed to look like, zero of the rules in this one were concrete. They were all if/then rules, meaning you couldn't fill anything in until you knew what the questions asked for. Bah!
Don't count on anything, but the trend has definitely been away from these complicated setups to simpler in/out and ordering games.

blhblahblah

Bronze

Post by blhblahblah » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 pm

lawduder wrote:--ImageRemoved--

With this diagram I found the game pretty manageable, but it's definitely harder than post PT40 games.
Your second rule looks off. H must always be an aisle seat. Take out the "or"

"H occupies the aisle seat immediately behind G's aisle seat"

tenderbooger

New

Post by tenderbooger » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:40 pm

The diagram is completely manageable. The good thing is that we get a lot of information about what the diagram should look like. Yea, I see how it could be mistaken to think ya gotta draw 6 rows after reading the list of players. However, it says in the next sentence "consecutive rows...numbered...1,2, and 3"

In some games you can draw the diagram based on the first or second sentence for speed boosts but this isn't one of those games. For me, I want to make the diagram after I've read the stimulus in its entirety before making a diagram.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:46 pm

blhblahblah wrote:

Yeah I did this one last night, that second rule gives you a nice block when M is in an aisle seat of (X being blank)

M(a) ->

w a
X G
L H

There was alot of diagramming and messing around in that one that I probably could have avoided if I had tried to draw out some scenario options, which I didn't.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:48 pm

One of my favorite games ever.

The set-up is just as described

3_ _
2_ _
1_ _

It's spatial.

dub

New

Post by dub » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Worst game ever. Tedious as balls. Not difficult, just annoying.

Yes, I bumped to whine.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:56 pm

blhblahblah wrote:

Also, with the KG block rule, you can come up with the complete set up. I don't think that ever even makes a difference, but you end up with -->

K G
I H
M L
(W) (A)
Last edited by Hedwig on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Haha I actually did this game today. Took me about 15 minutes and I'm fairly good with my games. The problem in the beginning for me was the initial setups. I was really confused about the wording.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DrackedaryMaster

Bronze

Post by DrackedaryMaster » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:01 pm

I just did this game too. First time through I had gone 10 minutes and was like wtf? went to the fourth game, finished that one quickly, then came back to get on the bus. I figured I was missing something, and sure enough when I looked at the G behind H rule, I failed to see the small, but important word "AISLE". After that, this game was somewhat long, but manageable. I would take this one over the CD or Birds in a forest game anyday!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:33 pm

I was amazed to complete this game in 7 minutes without even making that big GH block deduction. I just rule-drove my way through. I suppose that's why I missed the last question.

This is a hard game. Don't let your results get to you.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 pm

I found this game tedious but not too difficult. I had way more trouble with the fruit game.

arean.ryan

New

Post by arean.ryan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:32 pm

this game is killing me at the moment so tedious, is everyone creating lots of hypotheticals or is my strategy flawed?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”