adderall and LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
randyn

New

adderall and LSAT

Post by randyn » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:29 pm

please comment.

Rocketman11

Silver

Re: aderal and LSAT

Post by Rocketman11 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:31 pm

stfu

hayman

New

Post by hayman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:32 pm

helps only if you are prescribed it

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:34 pm

I've been really interested on the topic but here is my two cents. The LSAT is extremely important...like for real. With that being said, it is not like other tests. Cramming a bunch of material in a brief period of time will probably do you no good. You need to become familiar with the question types/ comfortable with the way in which LSAT questions must be approached. So, unless you need to be up and focused for long,long hours, I feel that it may be more beneficial to learn to study in a non cracked out wat so that you can be "normal" during the LSAT...

But i also would like to see what others think; I recently took the LSAT in september and did really well but this debate definetely rattled in my mind for awhile...

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

x

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:35 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:37 pm

TheWire wrote:The LSAT is extremely important...like for real. \
Astute

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

x

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:41 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manash

New

Post by Manash » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:09 pm

talibkweli wrote:and fix the spelling of the thread title. a dyxlexic 6 year old could have done a better job spelling "adderall."
really? :mrgreen:

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

x

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Manash

New

Post by Manash » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:17 pm

TheWire wrote:I've been really interested on the topic but here is my two cents. The LSAT is extremely important...like for real. With that being said, it is not like other tests. Cramming a bunch of material in a brief period of time will probably do you no good. You need to become familiar with the question types/ comfortable with the way in which LSAT questions must be approached. So, unless you need to be up and focused for long,long hours, I feel that it may be more beneficial to learn to study in a non cracked out wat so that you can be "normal" during the LSAT...

But i also would like to see what others think; I recently took the LSAT in september and did really well but this debate definetely rattled in my mind for awhile...
Credited Response.

Have I heard of success stories? Yep. Have I heard stories of adverse results...indeed.

Adderall doesnt make you smarter. Just a bunch of salts that allows you to be more pepped up for longer periods as it is released. If you don't know the material, you're being pepped up to boggle the test. Might as well go home and sleep. If you know your stuff and take it, I would imagine it would do the trick but at that point, why not just make the adjustments to squeeze out those points instead of taking the risk to ingest a pill that might have adverse effects.

Manash

New

Post by Manash » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:18 pm

talibkweli wrote:
Manash wrote:
talibkweli wrote:and fix the spelling of the thread title. a dyxlexic 6 year old could have done a better job spelling "adderall."
really? :mrgreen:

uh....i meant to do that?
Really? Don't you think that was a deliberate reach? Any dyxlexic 6 year old that can do a better job of spelling adderall needs to be reexamined.

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 pm

you're only allowed to take drugs that you can spell.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Re: adderall and LSAT

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:30 pm

The title of this thread was bothering me. Carry on, kids.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:31 pm

[x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Sat May 28, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gapper538

New

Post by Gapper538 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:35 pm

I faced the same question because good ol' Vitamin A was a real boost on a number of papers I have written in UG.

I think the logical thought would be to take a diagnostic on adderall and see how you perform.

I'd say either you'll be cruising, seeing the 1s and 0s or you'll take 20 minutes per stimulus and bomb.

Worth trying on a PT, though

Manash

New

Post by Manash » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:49 pm

talibkweli wrote:
Manash wrote:[quote="talibkweli
Really? Don't you think that was a deliberate reach? Any dyxlexic 6 year old that can do a better job of spelling adderall needs to be reexamined.
I meant that i misspelled "dyslexic" and thought you were rightfully calling me out. but lo and behold, you've made the same mistake. so ha!

also, i maintain that adderall will not help you go from 160 to 180. not only will it destroy your reading comp performance, it'll make you overly confident in a way that'll leave you vulnerable to trap answers and stuff. plus, it will make it MUCH harder to get the toughest of the tough lr and rc questions that lsac uses to seperate the men (170+) from the boys (the 160-169 strivers)
Calling you out? No quite. Just poking fun a bit. Did I make a mistake on the spelling? Well how about that...wasn't that what I was poking fun at? Ehhh the internet...so much gets lost in translation. I know how to spell the word but thought it was funny that you were knocking the guy for his spelling yet you had spelled the word incorrectly yourself while using a 6 year old as your example. Bah! lost humor.

But while I'm at it..did you spell separate incorrectly on purpose as well? Hmmmm..

Manash

New

Post by Manash » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Mall_cop$ wrote:
talibkweli wrote: also, i maintain that adderall will ...not only will it destroy your reading comp performance, it'll make you overly confident in a way that'll leave you vulnerable to trap answers and stuff. plus, it will make it MUCH harder to get the toughest of the tough lr and rc questions that lsac uses to seperate the men (170+) from the boys (the 160-169 strivers)
You seem confident about this. Is this from personal experience or from a scientific study?

I find it funny how bent out of shape some get over the perceived use of a drug.
talibkweli wrote:adderall helps dumb people do things like go from a140 to a 145. to score at the 170+ level, however, you need the kind of grasp of subtelty and nuanced language that being cracked out on adderall precludes. HTH!
Evidence?
talibkweli wrote:fix the spelling of the thread title.
Irony?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:06 pm

c
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Sat May 28, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:13 pm

talibkweli wrote:i suck at spelling and don't care to use spell check, this is true. i still wouldn't so blatantly misspell a thread title, however.

i'm not bent out of shape about this stuff. i'm smarter than the vast majority of lsat takes, and there is nothing in the world that anyone can injest that will change that.

ive tried adderall while taking a preptest, and am familiar with its physiological effects. moreover, i was refuting the common notion that adderall can do wonders for one's lsat performance. no need to dig up empricial studies in this context....this isn't a research paper, and i don't care all that much about helping you choose either way!
let those of us who can spell well take care of this type of douchebaggery.

jlk86

New

Post by jlk86 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:18 pm

i think its a bad idea. even if it helps you during PTs you have no idea how your body will respond under the stress of test day. ive never taken it but one of my roommates from UG was "prescribed" for it- really smart girl, scoring consistently over 170 on her PTs & totally bombed the lsat twice. ive known her for years & she gets really bad test anxiety as it is- & being on adderrall made this 1000x worse on test day. so even if it helps you while youre studying, you never know how it will interact with your nerves on the real thing

Manash

New

Post by Manash » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:20 pm

superserial wrote:
talibkweli wrote:i suck at spelling and don't care to use spell check, this is true. i still wouldn't so blatantly misspell a thread title, however.

i'm not bent out of shape about this stuff. i'm smarter than the vast majority of lsat takes, and there is nothing in the world that anyone can injest that will change that.

ive tried adderall while taking a preptest, and am familiar with its physiological effects. moreover, i was refuting the common notion that adderall can do wonders for one's lsat performance. no need to dig up empricial studies in this context....this isn't a research paper, and i don't care all that much about helping you choose either way!
let those of us who can spell well take care of this type of douchebaggery.
OWNAGE.

You guys are killing me here... :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bouakedojo

Bronze

Post by bouakedojo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:28 pm

bouakedojo wrote:Not to hijack this thread, Talib, but I thought it was hilarious when I read recently that Christian Bale's inspiration for the character in your tar was Tom Cruise.

Really? Tom Cruise was actually going to play that role before Bale, and I think he would have been unintentionally hilarious.

Manash

New

Post by Manash » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:47 pm

talibkweli wrote:
bouakedojo wrote:Not to hijack this thread, Talib, but I thought it was hilarious when I read recently that Christian Bale's inspiration for the character in your tar was Tom Cruise.

Really? Tom Cruise was actually going to play that role before Bale, and I think he would have been unintentionally hilarious.
Another one...

Joking. :mrgreen:

soccersmo

New

Post by soccersmo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:53 pm

adderall does help if you need it... I've been diagnosed A.D.D. since I was a kid but never medicated... but when I started studying for the LSAT I picked up logic games really fast, ended up missing zero 9/10 times, and LR wasn't bad either (maybe -3 per section give or take a question or two) but then reading comp destroyed me, I would miss ten plus ?s... I got adderall and took the test, went from scoring 164-166 range to 167-169 range essentially just from my boost in RC score... I know I can study without being cracked out, hence I havent used it in my day to day life, but my focus level struggled on the LSAT... but be careful some people who don't need it screw up their scores royally when they take it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”